Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2012, 11:55   #7126
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,643
Thanked: 3,839 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Got the RTB changed. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2884740 (Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall)

Along with it, got the oil & filters changed as well. I plan to carry it out at every 5,000kms instead of 10,000kms. Its mineral oil and my driving environment is dusty, so better to be safe than sorry.

Got the fog-lamps fitted as well. I think Figo needs one. Once when you are out on high-way and use the high-beam, the fog-lamps presence makes a difference.

The ASC leaves a lot to be desired. Work starts at 11. Car is at the wash-point & the wash-guy is sleeping

Quirks of owning a Ford.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 16:13   #7127
BHPian
 
Blow Horn Ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bokaro
Posts: 531
Thanked: 280 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I most of the ASCS's have the same attitude. My car was unattended for 2 hours and when I inquired I was said all the work has been done except RTB, On Inspection I found that nothing was done except oil change!
Blow Horn Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 18:40   #7128
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 484 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel
Got the RTB changed. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2884740 (Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall)

Along with it, got the oil & filters changed as well. I plan to carry it out at every 5,000kms instead of 10,000kms. Its mineral oil and my driving environment is dusty, so better to be safe than sorry.

Got the fog-lamps fitted as well. I think Figo needs one. Once when you are out on high-way and use the high-beam, the fog-lamps presence makes a difference.

The ASC leaves a lot to be desired. Work starts at 11. Car is at the wash-point & the wash-guy is sleeping

Quirks of owning a Ford.
Read in the other thread you got it done from the siliguri dealer. Not just Ford, Its the same with all the ASCs over there including honda. Car wash for my city took 3 hours. I sat there at the asc without having had my lunch till 4pm. The car was serviced by 12 and couldve been handed over within the hour. Such is the laziness of the workers there. And this way they charge more labour charges.

Coming back to figo, how much did the fogs cost you? Had you upgraded your headlamps earlier or are they the stock one? Sometimes i feel the hi beam is just for show. Its like the photons get absorbed in thin air. Not just highways, but even on empty city streets its the same scary situation.

Regards.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 21:36   #7129
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,643
Thanked: 3,839 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Coming back to figo, how much did the fogs cost you? Had you upgraded your headlamps earlier or are they the stock one? Sometimes i feel the hi beam is just for show. Its like the photons get absorbed in thin air. Not just highways, but even on empty city streets its the same scary situation.

Regards.
The fog-lamps cost was some ~ Rs. 3,500 + Rs. 1,0xx for switch.

I find the lamps okay, hence have refrained from upgrading.

OT: How is the Skoda ASC? My cousin is getting his Yeti... (Maybe you can PM me & we can take this up)
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 22:01   #7130
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Your seat cover looks amazing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Nice Fit, any details on this. I need to something similar for my figo in Bombay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Nice seat covers there. Are they Autoform U-Fit model?
Apologies for the late reply guys. The seat covers are from a brand called "Autokame".

Initially, I was little apprehensive when I had to choose this brand from a choice of other reputed brands like Autoform, Radius, G Sport etc. Chose this brand primarily because my desired shade of color was readily available only in this brand. The light shade of grey makes the cabin look more roomier and well lit.

Eventually, the quality of workmanship of this product turns out to be really good. Having used the other brands in our other cars I can boldly make that statement. It can easily withstand any kinda abuse that is thrown at it.

The cost is little on the higher side I believe. Costed me a little less than 8K inclusive of fitting it. But the installer did a great job too. Overall am very happy with it!

Will post few pics from my Team BHP App in the next post!

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 28th August 2012 at 22:14.
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 22:07   #7131
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default

Will post better quality pics after a foto shoot shortly!

Name:  ForumRunner_20120828_220618.png
Views: 2290
Size:  499.4 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20120828_220632.png
Views: 2015
Size:  461.8 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20120828_220648.png
Views: 2047
Size:  331.1 KB
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 11:51   #7132
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 484 Times
Default

Hello friends
Ive come for replacement of the RTB and PAS hose. Is there any rule that doesnt allow the customer to observe the procedure? Please help. Im currenty at Metro ford ASC on St. Marks road. The service guys are telling the guard to send me out without observing the replacement.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 29th August 2012 at 11:53.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 11:59   #7133
BHPian
 
Blow Horn Ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bokaro
Posts: 531
Thanked: 280 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

If you are rigid enough no one can force you not to watch the service being carried out! Earlier no one told to keep away from the service area at the ASSC i visit but this time they requested 3-4 times to leave the service area and sit in the customer lounge. The lounge had a non-functional AC so I argued to stay back in the service area and watched the entire service!

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 29th August 2012 at 12:01.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 12:10   #7134
BHPian
 
HighOctane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 362
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig
The service guys are telling the guard to send me out without observing the replacement.
This is too rude to behave with the customers. You can watch from a distance that should not affect their work. Speak to the service manager that you need to see the replacement.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 12:19   #7135
BHPian
 
figo_mba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 473
Thanked: 208 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig
Hello friends
Ive come for replacement of the RTB and PAS hose. Is there any rule that doesnt allow the customer to observe the procedure? Please help. Im currenty at Metro ford ASC on St. Marks road. The service guys are telling the guard to send me out without observing the replacement.
I think there is no rule as such but since it is an area where machines and heavy parts move and there are safety procedures which a customer might not be aware of. So it is safer that customers keep off the service area and watch from the customer lounge or wait for the car to be delivered. This is advisable but not strictly enforced at most service centers.
However if they want anybody out of the area they should ask them politely.

And I agree with highOctane

Last edited by figo_mba : 29th August 2012 at 12:21.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 12:34   #7136
BHPian
 
racer_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 139 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hi fellow car owners. I have been reading reports coming out that people who have had their car's RTB replaced are hearing noises/scrunch/squeak sounds emanating from the rear suspensions.
Looks like the beams are put back without new bushes/cladding.
Is that the case?

The reason I'm still putting off my replacement visit is I had to go 3 times to get the squeaks/noises from the rear sorted out in my car and do not want to start the whole ordeal again.

Please advise.
racer_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 12:52   #7137
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 484 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok
If you are rigid enough no one can force you not to watch the service being carried out! Earlier no one told to keep away from the service area at the ASSC i visit but this time they requested 3-4 times to leave the service area and sit in the customer lounge. The lounge had a non-functional AC so I argued to stay back in the service area and watched the entire service!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane

This is too rude to behave with the customers. You can watch from a distance that should not affect their work. Speak to the service manager that you need to see the replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba

I think there is no rule as such but since it is an area where machines and heavy parts move and there are safety procedures which a customer might not be aware of.

And I agree with highOctane
Thanks BlowHornOk, HighOctane and Figo_mba for your quick replies. I'm standing outside the workshop now but keeping a view on my vehicle. My worry is if they are putting the new part or taking from another car and putting it.

I've visited Hyundai and Honda ASCs without any problem. They themselves invited me to see how the things are done as i had expressed interest to know how the services go on. Honda was the most friendly of the lot though.

And the service guy here whispered in the guard's ear to make me go. I flatly refused and told the guard if the service guy has a problem he should tell me. Earlier they had dented my car badly during service. I'm wary of it recurring along with originality of parts. Hope I'm right to have this concern as an owner.

I fail to understand Why do they feel afraid in front of owners. Its not like they are into R&D that they should keep it secretive.

And figo_mba i understand the safety concern and have now posted myself safely away from the cars while maintaining a good view of the service.

Thanks friends for all your replies and advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok
I think they won't do such a blunder to replace the RTB with a used one. You can anyways check the beam and the new one would look factory fresh black with no stains. You gave the right answer to the guard! Also do test the car on bad roads to check any unwanted noise after the replacement.
Thanks again BHO. They replaced the PAS hose. I called the service advisor with me. He was very good and showed everything the tools used to detect the error and stuff.

Seems like my RTB doesnt need replacement according to their measuring tools. Is it compulsory for 2010 petrol figo model?

Thanks again.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 29th August 2012 at 13:10.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 13:03   #7138
BHPian
 
Blow Horn Ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bokaro
Posts: 531
Thanked: 280 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I think they won't do such a blunder to replace the RTB with a used one. You can anyways check the beam and the new one would look factory fresh black with no stains. You gave the right answer to the guard! Also do test the car on bad roads to check any unwanted noise after the replacement.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 17:57   #7139
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,643
Thanked: 3,839 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I have always watched my Cars being serviced at ASC's, but don't bother anyone. No one has said a word yet.

I even photographed the RTB inspection procedure.

And yes, no test-drive of my Car w/o my permission.

Today, I helped the mechanic in greasing my CBR's cone-set.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 20:26   #7140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 74
Thanked: 10 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Seems like my RTB doesnt need replacement according to their measuring tools. Is it compulsory for 2010 petrol figo model?
.
Its not compulsory, if required they would change. I'm getting it checked at Metro in two days.
english is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:10.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks