Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2013, 09:13   #7756
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 484 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post

The new wheel cap for the figo are 884/- per wheel.
Thanks. I enquired at metro ford and they said it's 950. With taxes. That's quite a lot for plastic wheel caps.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 09:26   #7757
BHPian
 
dhinchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 79
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Thanks. I enquired at metro ford and they said it's 950. With taxes. That's quite a lot for plastic wheel caps.
Daylight robbery! Almost 4000/- for a set of 4 plastic wheel caps? I am sure you could get better quality and design from outside, and at a much cheaper rate.

Just hope they would not void your suspension warranty for using non OEM wheel caps. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do that.
dhinchak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 10:47   #7758
BHPian
 
A350XWB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BLR/FRA/STR
Posts: 740
Thanked: 459 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Thanks. I enquired at metro ford and they said it's 950. With taxes. That's quite a lot for plastic wheel caps.
Parthasarathig, if you remember, I have 3 wheelcaps which are still not picked up by you
I still have them, if you require. It was booked for you in the giveaway thread. Unfortunately, I no longer work near Kundalahalli.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 10:56   #7759
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 484 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post

Daylight robbery! Almost 4000/- for a set of 4 plastic wheel caps? I am sure you could get better quality and design from outside, and at a much cheaper rate.

Just hope they would not void your suspension warranty for using non OEM wheel caps. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do that.
I did the same calculation at the svc and told them if they take us for fools.
They can't void warranty for plastic wheel caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Parthasarathig, if you remember, I have 3 wheelcaps which are still not picked up by you.
I still have them, if you require. It was booked for you in the giveaway thread. Unfortunately, I no longer work near Kundalahalli.
You still have them. I remember we spoke about it about a year back when you got new alloys but I was caught up in studies. If it's okay with you can I still pick them up?

I shall pm you regarding the same.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 11:02   #7760
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Guys

I seem to be hearing some mild humming sound at around 60 kmph speed on my Figo that has only 5000 kms on the odo. I am not sure if it is coming from the wheels or from the engine. It comes only sometimes.

I don't use the Figo often, so am not sure when that sound started. Thinking it was from the wheels, I accelerated to around 100 kmph and let the car roll in neutral, but I could not hear that sound. But when I slotted it into 4th and accelerated again, even then it did not come. Strange indeed.

Any clues? It is not high enough to warrant a visit to the Ford workshop though, but wanted to know if it portends something cooking.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 11:37   #7761
BHPian
 
Arch-Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chn(Atrocity)
Posts: 552
Thanked: 275 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hi vnabhi, is it just a hum or is there some vibration as well?
Arch-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 11:51   #7762
BHPian
 
dhinchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 79
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

I seem to be hearing some mild humming sound at around 60 kmph speed on my Figo that has only 5000 kms on the odo. I am not sure if it is coming from the wheels or from the engine. It comes only sometimes.

I don't use the Figo often, so am not sure when that sound started. Thinking it was from the wheels, I accelerated to around 100 kmph and let the car roll in neutral, but I could not hear that sound. But when I slotted it into 4th and accelerated again, even then it did not come. Strange indeed.

Any clues? It is not high enough to warrant a visit to the Ford workshop though, but wanted to know if it portends something cooking.
I had a similar issue - Humming noise at 60-70 Km/h. The bearings were at fault apparently, and were changed under warranty.
dhinchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 11:54   #7763
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,157
Thanked: 5,031 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

I seem to be hearing some mild humming sound at around 60 kmph speed on my Figo that has only 5000 kms on the odo. I am not sure if it is coming from the wheels or from the engine. It comes only sometimes....
Since it's NOT always, I doubt it's the bearings. And 5000 kms is too low for your bearing to go kaput.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
I had a similar issue - Humming noise at 60-70 Km/h. The bearings were at fault apparently, and were changed under warranty.
I thought wheels bearings are NOT covered under warranty!
swiftnfurious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 12:02   #7764
BHPian
 
dhinchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 79
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Since it's NOT always, I doubt it's the bearings. And 5000 kms is too low for your bearing to go kaput.
Mine were replaced at 16K. But, yes - I had that sound always (in the range of 60-70 Kmph)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I thought wheels bearings are NOT covered under warranty!
They did replace it for me.
dhinchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 12:06   #7765
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,157
Thanked: 5,031 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Mine were replaced at 16K. But, yes - I had that sound always (in the range of 60-70 Kmph)

They did replace it for me.
Looks to me like a manufacturing fault? And when I had a problem on my Swift, the noise was all through the speeds and kind of became un-bearable beyond 50 kmph.

How much does it cost? I know your's were replaced free of cost, if you know the cost, please let me know.
swiftnfurious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 12:09   #7766
BHPian
 
dhinchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 79
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Looks to me like a manufacturing fault? And when I had a problem on my Swift, the noise was all through the speeds and kind of became un-bearable beyond 50 kmph.

How much does it cost? I know your's were replaced free of cost, if you know the cost, please let me know.
1100/- if I remember correctly. It was only Front-right bearings for me.
dhinchak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 12:12   #7767
BHPian
 
Arch-Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chn(Atrocity)
Posts: 552
Thanked: 275 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Just 5k on the odo and a bearing issue? Is there something i will need to watch out for?

Ot:Is my figo going to be the first facelift figo here? Just curious.
Arch-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 13:07   #7768
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Was PB, DL, HR , KA and Now GJ-1
Posts: 247
Thanked: 21 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Just 5k on the odo and a bearing issue? Is there something i will need to watch out for?

Ot:Is my figo going to be the first facelift figo here? Just curious.
Got the facelifted one in Jan. Have covered 2500 kms so far.
pankaj_sachdeva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 13:32   #7769
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Thanks guys for your prompt response. I'm not sure if it is a bearing sound, as I don't regularly use the Figo. I'll check and report again in a week.

I don't think bearings could get bad this early. My WagonR is still on original bearings for 65K and my Fiesta for 38K on the odo.

Could it be the hum jayded reported at a particular rpm? Let me check and get back.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 15:40   #7770
BHPian
 
dhinchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 79
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

The place where I park my (actually its a make shift parking on the road side), there is a hump at the corner. And, the car is parked with its rear towards the hump - such that the only the Left rear tyre is over the hump. This causes the Front right tyre/suspension to get compressed.

My question is - can parking your car this way daily for 9-10 hrs, cause the Link Rod to get damaged?
dhinchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 863 15th August 2016 14:07
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:58.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks