Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th September 2013, 10:57   #8566
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Would it have been a set, I still would have bought it. The design on previous Figo costs some 1100/- bucks per piece and the design on newer one is 1965/- bucks each.

I confirmed twice, because even I was in shock. Tarun, in any case you're changing to alloys on Figo give the wheel cover to me lol
I have the Titanium, so alloys already. Will be getting them painted a gunmetal shade soon though...
fiat_tarun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 16:53   #8567
BHPian

Quote:
Would it have been a set, I still would have bought it. The design on previous Figo costs some 1100/- bucks per piece and the design on newer one is 1965/- bucks each.

I confirmed twice, because even I was in shock. Tarun, in any case you're changing to alloys on Figo give the wheel cover to me lol
Hi Sameer, If I remember correctly, the wheel caps cost around 2k for the entire set of 4. Mine is the LXi and had to buy wheel caps separately. Though it was in Jan, I'm still pretty sure it wouldn't have increased so much. Do verify again with some other dealer regarding the prices.
swami.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 17:32   #8568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post

Hi Sameer, If I remember correctly, the wheel caps cost around 2k for the entire set of 4. Mine is the LXi and had to buy wheel caps separately. Though it was in Jan, I'm still pretty sure it wouldn't have increased so much. Do verify again with some other dealer regarding the prices.
Okay, after reading your post, just called again two dealers, harpreet and astro ford. Harpreet is quoting same 1965/- each and surprisingly, astro lowered their initial quoted price of 1200/- each to 950/- each.

Still, it's bloody expensive. I'll rather buy a set aftermarket, i'll get 4 at price of 1.
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 20:52   #8569
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Hello Folks, needs some help, recently I noticed a warning light coming on and checked the manual --> it's the water in fuel warning lamp which glows every time I switch the ignition on. Need some advice on what to do, should I take the car to service station or can it resolved by a DIY job at home.
Cheers !
RD
ridinthru' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 23:20   #8570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Hello Folks, needs some help, recently I noticed a warning light coming on and checked the manual --> it's the water in fuel warning lamp which glows every time I switch the ignition on. Need some advice on what to do, should I take the car to service station or can it resolved by a DIY job at home.
Cheers !
RD
Best to go to the service station - it'll require a cleaning of the fuel filter to drain out any collected water.

EDIT: See this link for instructions and pictures of the process for an Innova, you can check your manual to see if the filter is as easily accessible in the Figo (so you can DIY), or if the filter is in the fuel tank (like some cars), which won't be as easy a DIY: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...va-diesel.html (How To: Drain water in Fuel Filter - Toyota Innova Diesel)

Last edited by arunphilip : 27th September 2013 at 23:33.
arunphilip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 23:35   #8571
Senior - BHPian

Happened to see the last few minutes of Autocar show today. Per the anchor, a new avatar of Figo is going to hit our market in 2015. It will do away with the current petrol and diesel engines, and replace with a 1 Liter EcoBoost and the 1.5 TDCi from the new Fiesta. Sounds good to me, but why delay till 2015?
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 23:44   #8572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Per the anchor...a 1 Liter EcoBoost
I agree the 1.5 TDCi mill makes sense (economies of scale with the EcoSport) without losing tax benefits.

However, the 1.0 EcoBoost is a surprise and hard to believe. That engine is high-tech and expensive, and is currently imported. I don't see how they'll plonk it in the Figo when even the 2014 Fiesta is expected to come with only the 1.5 Ti-VCT engine (source: http://www.team-bhp.com/news/facelif...ai-verna-works).
arunphilip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 19:01   #8573
BHPian

Folks, those of you who have upgraded to wider and fatter rubber, how much is the improvement in ride quality?
If you live in Bangalore i am sure you would agree that we have the worst state of roads currently with moon craters all over the city and driving Figo's suspension now has started to seem lot more taut to me as compared to earlier on decent roads, ride is harsh. I also have a Ikon and it rides like magic with on same roads with lot more compliant ride quality. Just wanted to hear your inputs. I might just pull in my plans to get some softer rubber. Currently i am running stock apollo acceleres which have done 17K km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Happened to see the last few minutes of Autocar show today. Per the anchor, a new avatar of Figo is going to hit our market in 2015. It will do away with the current petrol and diesel engines, and replace with a 1 Liter EcoBoost and the 1.5 TDCi from the new Fiesta. Sounds good to me, but why delay till 2015?
The plan sounds good for successor of Figo. 1.5L diesel then would be the lowest cost modern option due to large volumes being built for Ecosport by 2015. The factory costs would have been totally depreciated by then. However 1.0L Ecoboost might bump the cost up. So we might see strategy like Polo GT.
supertinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 19:34   #8574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, those of you who have upgraded to wider and fatter rubber, how much is the improvement in ride quality? If you live in Bangalore i am sure you would agree that we have the worst state of roads currently with moon craters all over the city and driving Figo's suspension now has started to seem lot more taut to me as compared to earlier on decent roads, ride is harsh. I also have a Ikon and it rides like magic with on same roads with lot more compliant ride quality. Just wanted to hear your inputs. I might just pull in my plans to get some softer rubber. Currently i am running stock apollo acceleres which have done 17K km. The plan sounds good for successor of Figo. 1.5L diesel then would be the lowest cost modern option due to large volumes being built for Ecosport by 2015. The factory costs would have been totally depreciated by then. However 1.0L Ecoboost might bump the cost up. So we might see strategy like Polo GT.

Yes, the Ecoboost would be expensive. But I believe the 1.2 duratec will be discontinued.
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 20:59   #8575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, those of you who have upgraded to wider and fatter rubber, how much is the improvement in ride quality?
One size bigger tires makes a world of a difference on the Figo. Go for them without thinking twice. 185/65 is the right upsize , will not foul with the body or reduce roll and provides a good ride compared to the stock ones.
The immediate difference you will notice is the ride is much softer and quieter.

Regards
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 04:14   #8576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
hi guys,

I am seeing a peculiar issue in my new ford figo tdci. I can feel the clutch pedal pulsating when fully depressed. The pedal is not shaking but i can feel a steady pulse like vibration when fully depressed.

The pulse synchronizes with the engine rotations.

what can be the issue? my car has run only 400kms.

I got my car too recently, was this issue fixed? I feel minor pulsations as well. Tcdi
Catalyst_delhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 08:09   #8577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post

I got my car too recently, was this issue fixed? I feel minor pulsations as well. Tcdi
Even I feel the same way, I guess it's normal isn't it?
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 15:19   #8578
BHPian

I was looking for the long ownership thread but I think its also relevant here and will post here.
Yesterday afternoon, while returning home, there was a whirring sound from the engine of my March 2011 petrol ZXI figo. Its not loud. If I roll down the window, it is audible. I reached home, tried to figure out what made the noise (thinking some foreign object is stuck somewhere) no joy. After some time, when I went back down to drive to a ford service center, I saw oil dripping from the engine area. Touched it, it was dull pink in colour. Thought it was engine oil and did not do much investigation.
Got it towed this morning and the new Lathangi Ford on Hosur road said its coolant which is leaking and they have to remove the pump (Not sure what pump it was, but not fuel pump because I would remember a fuel pump replacement order)
My doubt is if a less than 3 year old Figo expected to have such defects/parts failing? Very disappointing to know, especially since I wont have my car tomorrow when I have a very important drive to my daughter's school performance.
Anyone faced the same/similar problems? (Sorry I did not make it easy to correlate since I could not remember the name of the pump and all I know is it has got something to do with the cooling system of the car. Any technical insight also would be much appreciated.
gtonsing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 22:26   #8579
BHPian

An issue pops up in my 2 year old FIGO.

Yesterday I noticed that car gave me 3 chimes when I was driving down on a slope. Hoped that it will be fuel warning, but when I checked for low fuel warning sign, it was not there. Ignored the chime and drove.

Today, I noticed that car gave me chimes when I break hard or while taking curves in around 30 to 40KM. On closer inspection I could see that Handbreak warning sign comes on, along with the chime and went off when the chime goes off.

I guess, its the break fluid. I didn't get time to check fluid level, but there must be some leak. Plans to visit A.S.S in couple of days and get this fixed. Do you guys have any Idea?
limited-edition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 22:43   #8580
BANNED

Quote:
Okay, after reading your post, just called again two dealers, harpreet and astro ford. Harpreet is quoting same 1965/- each and surprisingly, astro lowered their initial quoted price of 1200/- each to 950/- each.

Still, it's bloody expensive. I'll rather buy a set aftermarket, i'll get 4 at price of 1.
Hi Sameer,

I have a set 4 brand new wheel covers. I had replaced my steel wheels with alloys when I bought the car. If interested, PM me.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote