Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2013, 07:47   #8656
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,908
Thanked: 1,902 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The only issue I had was of a rear wheel bearing, that was replaced under warranty.
Could you let me know the cost of the bearing? Mine has supposedly failed and I want to know if the cost is the same to what they told me.
It will be mentioned in the bill although it was not charged to you.

Regards
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2013, 12:41   #8657
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Could you let me know the cost of the bearing? Mine has supposedly failed and I want to know if the cost is the same to what they told me. It will be mentioned in the bill although it was not charged to you. Regards
I was told it was more than 5k by the service advisor. Their system was down,so I did not get a bill.

The front bearings cost much less, per him.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2013, 14:19   #8658
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 525
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Could you let me know the cost of the bearing? Mine has supposedly failed and I want to know if the cost is the same to what they told me.
It will be mentioned in the bill although it was not charged to you.

Regards
Ford sells bearings at much higher price. As per them, they only stock genuine bearings and you get spurious bearings outside. But one of my relatives bought one outside, it is doing fine for last 2 years. I suggest you try SKF or FAG if the size is available.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2013, 18:12   #8659
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,908
Thanked: 1,902 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I was told it was more than 5k by the service advisor. Their system was down,so I did not get a bill.

The front bearings cost much less, per him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Ford sells bearings at much higher price. As per them, they only stock genuine bearings and you get spurious bearings outside. But one of my relatives bought one outside, it is doing fine for last 2 years. I suggest you try SKF or FAG if the size is available.
I was quoted 3.5k first and when I told them that does not sound right , they checked their system and said 2.6k which is why I checked here.
Some pages back, a memeber had mentioned 1k.

I guess I will go with the external option.Fords bearing part Im sure is nothing great if it lasted just 25k and they overcharge for the same.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2013, 22:50   #8660
Senior - BHPian
 
sameerg001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dwarka, Delhi
Posts: 1,499
Thanked: 416 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Anyone here have any idea about the price of central console ( handbrake ) and fog lamps at Ford. I was quoted 2400/- bucks for the console and 3400/- for fog lamps, which according to me are slightly on the higher side ?
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2013, 23:11   #8661
BHPian
 
mashmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 336
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Source: *************
Attached Images
 
mashmash is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 13:38   #8662
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 525
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I guess I will go with the external option.Fords bearing part Im sure is nothing great if it lasted just 25k and they overcharge for the same.
Whenever you change it, please update here about the exact specifications of bearings that you put, the brand of the bearings and the price. Thanks!
shipnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 13:57   #8663
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Anyone here have any idea about the price of central console ( handbrake ) and fog lamps at Ford. I was quoted 2400/- bucks for the console and 3400/- for fog lamps, which according to me are slightly on the higher side ?
The price for fog lamps is reasonable, if you see the intensity of light they emit. Local fogs cost less than half that price, but are only good for letting the opposite car know that you have another set of lights: in short, their ability to light the road is very poor.

The OEM Fogs on the other hand work really well in illuminating the road. Given the poor headlamps of the Figo, the fogs really come to ones rescue.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 21:12   #8664
BHPian
 
pdma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 546
Thanked: 747 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The price for fog lamps is reasonable, if you see the intensity of light they emit. Local fogs cost less than half that price, but are only good for letting the opposite car know that you have another set of lights: in short, their ability to light the road is very poor.

The OEM Fogs on the other hand work really well in illuminating the road. Given the poor headlamps of the Figo, the fogs really come to ones rescue.
I agree with vnabhi , I fumbled a few times while driving a friends '11 FIGO under the street lights and its very hard to say if the headlights are turned on or not and the only way I could confirm is by checking the circular (European Style) headlights turn on / off switch.
My friend changed the lamps from the authorized service center with no much noticeable difference and when he questioned further, the SA asked him to get an aftermarket cut-off installed to enhance the brightness. When we inquired if the warranty of the electrical components will still be applicable if we install the after market cut-off as advised , the SA politely confirmed that the warranty would be void for any damage that may occur to the other components. My friend decided not to go with the modification as he recently bought the 3rd & 4th year extended warranty and since he never drives on the highways during the nights it should be manageable.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 23:57   #8665
Senior - BHPian
 
sameerg001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dwarka, Delhi
Posts: 1,499
Thanked: 416 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The price for fog lamps is reasonable, if you see the intensity of light they emit. Local fogs cost less than half that price, but are only good for letting the opposite car know that you have another set of lights: in short, their ability to light the road is very poor.

The OEM Fogs on the other hand work really well in illuminating the road. Given the poor headlamps of the Figo, the fogs really come to ones rescue.
I have the facelifted figo and don't have any complains with the lights. I found them satisfactory, having done quite night highway drives on it too. I just want the fog lamps, because i love them. I used to use them as DRL in my accent. I am getting them aftermarket for 1000 bucks, but won't be going for them. The fit and finish of OEM is OEM and can't be matched.

I'll be getting the fog lamps first, then followed by the console later.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 20th October 2013 at 23:59.
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 00:38   #8666
BHPian
 
mashmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 336
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I have the facelifted figo and don't have any complains with the lights. I found them satisfactory, having done quite night highway drives on it too. I just want the fog lamps, because i love them. I used to use them as DRL in my accent. I am getting them aftermarket for 1000 bucks, but won't be going for them. The fit and finish of OEM is OEM and can't be matched. I'll be getting the fog lamps first, then followed by the console later.
Yes the new Figo has very good headlights, there is absolutely no reason to upgrade them. I have driven on highway at night with them and they were more than enough.

I have fog lamps and they illuminate the area just in front of the car. Very useful on broken roads. You'll know exactly where to put the wheel. However, since you are in the market, you could also try for projector lamps and fit them as fog lamps. You won't feel the need for headlights. Add hid to them and you are all set.

MaSh
mashmash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 10:35   #8667
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,908
Thanked: 1,902 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Whenever you change it, please update here about the exact specifications of bearings that you put, the brand of the bearings and the price. Thanks!
I visited the parts store in the Service Center today. Ford bearings are from SKF as well and cost around 2600 for a set(1 wheel has two) along with a seal.
The same SKF bearing costs around 1600 if purchased outside.

There was only Ford part numbers on the plastic cover. The bearing had a number which was mentioned on the rim which can be used to identify the model.

1w22k 13t113329013/q
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 21:32   #8668
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 201 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Is there anyway I can upgrade the Zxi's brakes to the Titanium version? IIRC the titanium had larger discs and drums.
On a recent weekend trip, it was raining heavily and I was sliding all over the place on locked wheels. Three of my tyres are pretty new <20K on them. The 4th is about 40K old.
I don't want ABS.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 22:12   #8669
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Is there anyway I can upgrade the Zxi's brakes to the Titanium version? IIRC the titanium had larger discs and drums.
On a recent weekend trip, it was raining heavily and I was sliding all over the place on locked wheels. Three of my tyres are pretty new <20K on them. The 4th is about 40K old.
I don't want ABS.
Technically yes you can !


The lower variants of the Figo get the same brakes as the older Ford Ikon

While the Titanium gets the same brake system as the Fiesta.

The brake upgrade for the front costs about Rs 15,000 excluding labour.
Rotors, Calipers, Brake pads ..
Rear brake upgrades about 6,000 Excluding labour.
This is not a job that anyone was willing to take up, we had to pull a few strings in order to get the job done. And Frankly I don't think the cost justified the improvement.

I have detailed pictures of this, let me try and find them.

If you ask me I would simply upgrade the tyres and try and get better brake pads.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 22nd October 2013 at 22:14.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 09:36   #8670
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kerala
Posts: 83
Thanked: 64 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Is there anyway I can upgrade the Zxi's brakes to the Titanium version? ..Three of my tyres are pretty new <20K on them. The 4th is about 40K old.
I don't want ABS.
You must be able to upgrade your break pads and discs, it won't be cheap tough. IMHO, if you are upgrading your Break Pads and disks to fix Tyre lock issue, simply its not going to help. Tyres gets locked due to lack of friction between tyre and road, and not due to insufficient breaking power.
The way I see it, if you have higher breaking power and tyres cannot compliment the break force by providing enough friction, they just lockup.

So, if you are planning to change pads to fix the tyre lockup, you may be making a wrong move. You may end up with more tyre locks than now.

A.B.S is the best solution for tyre locks, Since we can't get it done from A.S.S all you can do is to add in wider tyres which has more road grip.
limited-edition is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 863 15th August 2016 14:07
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:17.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks