Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th January 2014, 15:48   #8941
BHPian

Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Hello everyone!
Lately I've noticed that my Figo has started rattling a lot from the door panel area - both driver and passenger side. The rattling is not only when going over bad roads, but also happens when driving slowly or when braking. Anyone else facing the same issue? Is there a diy fix to it?
Thanks!
Sounds more like a tyre bearing issue than door panel rattling, since the noise is coming even at low speeds.

Also just to confirm if its from the door panels, try to move the car from stand still in the 2nd gear. If its really from the door panels then there will be a clear distinct sounds. I am only saying this as door panels usually don't rattle at low speeds & braking.
Venkat_Figo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 20:57   #8942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Sounds more like a tyre bearing issue than door panel rattling, since the noise is coming even at low speeds.

Also just to confirm if its from the door panels, try to move the car from stand still in the 2nd gear. If its really from the door panels then there will be a clear distinct sounds. I am only saying this as door panels usually don't rattle at low speeds & braking.
It is definitely not a bearing issue as it happens at speeds as low as 5kph as well. It's more of a creaking than rattling. I wonder what it is!
nishantbhatia84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 00:02   #8943

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post

Will have to do a bit more research, probably I'll ask my cousin who happens to work in Ford and I heard him say that even installing the ABS module for our variants is not a too much complex job and can be added without much fuss. I'm not sure how feasible it is anyhow.
Any updates on feasibility of instrument cluster?
venutnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 14:09   #8944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
It is definitely not a bearing issue as it happens at speeds as low as 5kph as well. It's more of a creaking than rattling. I wonder what it is!
Even my Figo has the creaking noise coming from the front passenger door, at low speeds too. More prominent when I am taking a left turn & there is a speed breaker right at the turn.

My 20k service is due this week, will have it checked & update on what it could be.

Just an advice, always let others know that they don't have to bang the car door to close it. A small nudge will do it. My family members & friends keep doing it & at times I have lost my cool, as this leads to the panels loosening & subsequently rattling (experienced this on my Swift).
Venkat_Figo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 17:43   #8945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Even my Figo has the creaking noise coming from the front passenger door, at low speeds too. More prominent when I am taking a left turn & there is a speed breaker right at the turn.
....it & at times I have lost my cool, as this leads to the panels loosening & subsequently rattling (experienced this on my Swift).
I also face the same problem. I have noticed this initially when the windows were half rolled up/down and with only the front door/windows. However, even with the windows fully rolled up the rattling/creaking noise has remained almost constant (Very irritating) and has gone and infected the rear window/door also. Any suggestions on how to reduce/eliminate would be highly appreciated.
Another query I had was on 4th yr warranty. I got an SMS this morning and called the number given. They told me if I buy 4th year warranty before 31st January, it will be 5,6xx else it will be higher in April, when it is really due for renewal. This is from Metro Ford.
Anyone else got this sms? Or have taken the offer or have an educated opinion around it? I think the extended warranty is a good option because the last time my water pump broke, I was in no position to pay for repairs but it was covered by warranty and didnt have to pay a single rupee.
BTW (bangaloreans): Any feedback on Lathangi Ford on Hosur road near to the BMW showroom?
gtonsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 20:48   #8946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Another query I had was on 4th yr warranty. I got an SMS this morning and called the number given. They told me if I buy 4th year warranty before 31st January, it will be 5,6xx else it will be higher in April, when it is really due for renewal. This is from Metro Ford.
Anyone else got this sms? Or have taken the offer or have an educated opinion around it? I think the extended warranty is a good option because the last time my water pump broke, I was in no position to pay for repairs but it was covered by warranty and didnt have to pay a single rupee.
I have got similar quote last year when I was inquiring for 4th year warranty. I did not go for it as I though it is on the higher side. I had paid around 2.5 k for my swift 4th year hence the comparison of cost came in to picture. As you said you will get peace of mind and it is much like insurance. I have taken a risk and 4 months in to that without warranty

In case of swift, it was really useful as I got free replacements - had cooling pump issue and some suspension related in 3rd and 4th year. Got more value out of the paid amount.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 13:48   #8947
BHPian

Completed my 80000km service for my 2010 Aug Figo 1.4 TDCI Zxi version.

The charges including labor was 5200 INR. All the normal stuff were changed (Oil, Oil filter, wash fluid) Air filter was changed, brake fluid and labor.

I think it was fair and cheaper compared to other brands (except probably etios, not sure though).
figo_mba is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 20:44   #8948
BHPian

Did 80k service for my figo TDCI

Spares
1. Gasket 55.50
2. Cap assy radiator 402.23( As per service manual to be changed at 80k)
3. Wash fluid pouch 54.05
4. Oil filter 333.37
5. Air filter 277.09
6. Brake fluid 591.19
7. A.C filter 421.46
8. Engine oil 5w-30 1113.64(4 Litres)
Spares Total 3248.53
Labour Total 1761.00
Service tax 217.66
Vat 417.04
Grand Total 5698
Maintanence cost till 80k comes around 60ps/km,which i hope is acceptable...that too from FORD.
Esu Junior is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 01:02   #8949
BHPian

I have been looking for Roof rails for my Figo for some time. Recently, I found it on eBay. The link is http://www.ebay.in/itm/Speedwav-Alum...ht_1899wt_1163.

I believe it can be stuck onto the roof and no holes need to be drilled. What I would like to know is, if anybody has installed it. If yes, then how is the experience in terms of longevity and does it rattle?
civic-dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 01:06   #8950
BHPian

I see the recommended tyre pressure is 36 psi in front anf 41 psi in the rear however i felt the ride would very bouncy and kept 35 PSI in front and 40 PSI in rear stock MRF tyres and feel the ride very vey bouncy. guys please suggest what is that works for you all?? i dont want underbelly scraping.
Sweet Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 10:19   #8951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Chariot View Post
I see the recommended tyre pressure is 36 psi in front anf 41 psi in the rear however i felt the ride would very bouncy and kept 35 PSI in front and 40 PSI in rear stock MRF tyres and feel the ride very vey bouncy. guys please suggest what is that works for you all?? i dont want underbelly scraping.

33psi all around works well for me, loaded or not.
Neither too bouncy, nor underflated. 40psi to me is overinflating, although it is manufacturer recommended.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 11:40   #8952
Senior - BHPian

I set both front and rear tyres to 32psi after having experimented with different pressure combinations. 1 psi extra on the highways. No scraping, mileage is good and comfort is also fine (figo is a little stiff anyway). Caveat is, I had upsized the tyres to 185/65/14 after delivery (Pirelli P4) - no complaints!
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 23:33   #8953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
33psi all around works well for me, loaded or not.
Neither too bouncy, nor underflated. 40psi to me is overinflating, although it is manufacturer recommended.
yes 40 seems to be too bouncy for me, i am going to to try 34 or 35 over all and check over bangalore speed/sump breakers.
Old 13th January 2014, 23:34   #8954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
I set both front and rear tyres to 32psi after having experimented with different pressure combinations. 1 psi extra on the highways. No scraping, mileage is good and comfort is also fine (figo is a little stiff anyway). Caveat is, I had upsized the tyres to 185/65/14 after delivery (Pirelli P4) - no complaints!
I am planning to run the car to 50k and then upsize to 185/65/14 Michelin or Pirelli P4. i am confused as i am happy with the stock MRF too.
Old 14th January 2014, 18:25   #8955
Distinguished - BHPian

I got my Figo's annual service done. Guess, its the 4th service being carried out at 27,xxx kms.

Total expense was at Rs. 4,900. Majorily being contributed by a change of diesel filter costing Rs. 1,600.

No issues, hence only regular, annual service was carried out.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote