Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th April 2014, 12:06   #9226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
Any one have any info about the normal working temperature of the Figo 1.2L engine?

Mine seems to be running a bit hotter at 87 C. The reading was taken from the "test" mode in head up display. The air temperature was 25C(morning).

Is the engine running too hot ? I wanted to see whether this is causing my AC to be shutting down often!
A/c cutting off is a known issue with Figo. Take it to the service centre, they'll replace the thermistor under warranty. I did the same and now the AC works like before - fantastic!!

Folks, need your help on this. Early morning when I crank the Figo, the engine oil indicator stays on for like 2-3 seconds after the engine is running.

Hi Venkat, I suggest you get this checked as it is a sure-shot indicator that something ain't right! Better to be safe than end up with a major issue!

Last edited by nishantbhatia84 : 16th April 2014 at 12:08.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 12:09   #9227
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Folks, need your help on this. Early morning when I crank the Figo, the engine oil indicator stays on for like 2-3 seconds after the engine is running. This happens only during a cold start.

Should I go to the service center for getting it checked, or is it normal.
No, it should not stay on that long. Do you follow the normal practice of switching on? I mean turn the key to first slot, wait till the 4 chimes are over, then start the engine? If yes, the E Oil light should go off immediately after starting.

Do check your Engine Oil level using the dipstick on a cold engine.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 12:10   #9228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
suddenly the gear stick felt lifeless, with absolutely no feel and I couldn't change any gear. some linkage in the gear cable had come off due to a worn bush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

one-off case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
Hi
Seems to be a common problem with figo's.In my case Gear shifting cable bush was changed around 86k,luckily this happened during day time and in the suburbs of bangalore. Ideally ford should change this bush as a part of preventive maintanence.
It doesnt seem to be a one off case and is probably a common problem as Esu junior says.
By a strange coincidence, my cousin who was travelling to Kollur temple from Kannur in his Figo, experienced the same problem yesterday at Kundapur. He also got a local fix done and continued. His Figo is done 77k.

Gemithomas also had his cars gear cable bush replaced at 90k service
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t....html(post1001)

If it indeed is common, then the bush obviously is of terrible quality and Ford should seriously consider inspecting it in their routine service post 50k or even consider a recall. It is a terrible feeling to get stranded in unfamiliar territory.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 16:43   #9229
BHPian

Quote:
No, it should not stay on that long. Do you follow the normal practice of switching on? I mean turn the key to first slot, wait till the 4 chimes are over, then start the engine? If yes, the E Oil light should go off immediately after starting.

Do check your Engine Oil level using the dipstick on a cold engine.
Ya I start the engine only after the 8 chimes are over.

I will surely check the engine oil level today. I should have done that when i first sensed the issue.
Venkat_Figo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 16:44   #9230
BHPian

Did a Chennai-Madurai-Chennai trip last weekend. Drove with heavy right foot, to and fro and the mileage dropped to 13kmpl. 440 kms in 6 hours which includes a 45 mins break while returning from Madurai.
My almost 30K odo tdci Figo behaved very well - no AC drops, accelerated well, felt very planted as usual. Only issue is with the tyre noise creeping into cabin. Running with my stock apollo accelere tyres and for the last 6 months or so feeling the noise has increased a lot.
pisthpeeps is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 18:16   #9231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Did a Chennai-Madurai-Chennai trip last weekend. Drove with heavy right foot, to and fro and the mileage dropped to 13kmpl. 440 kms in 6 hours which includes a 45 mins break while returning from Madurai.
My almost 30K odo tdci Figo behaved very well - no AC drops, accelerated well, felt very planted as usual. Only issue is with the tyre noise creeping into cabin. Running with my stock apollo accelere tyres and for the last 6 months or so feeling the noise has increased a lot.
I think its time to change tyres.

Man what a coincident, I too had a trip to Chennai-Madurai-Chennai last weekend. On my Figo TDCI with almost 30k on ODO. Did Madurai to Chennai return trip in 6 hours, with heavy right foot effecting in mileage of 13-14 kmpl.

Add to that we do came across each other thrice during Madurai-Chennai route. First, before breakfast between Madurai-Trichy. Second, Breakfast at same restaurant. Third, somewhere near Ulundurpet. But i don't know you were a Team-BHP-ian. Got to know that we saw each other from your post in TeamBHP sticker sighting thread.

To me the only concern with TDCI is that, the moment you cross 100 km/hr the mileage drops. Apart from this no issues at all. Just stick to the road like a leach and behaves amazingly on highway.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 10:38   #9232
BHPian

Quote:
It doesnt seem to be a one off case and is probably a common problem as Esu junior says.
The same happened on my figo around 2 weeks back. The car has run 54000 kms. Was rectified within an hour in the service station.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 14:18   #9233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post

The same happened on my figo around 2 weeks back. The car has run 54000 kms. Was rectified within an hour in the service station.
Then IT is a common problem. I guess post 50k it would be worthwhile to get it checked at routine service.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 22:11   #9234
BHPian

Quote:
I had a scary experience yesterday.
Quote:

Very scary indeed. Seems to be a one-off case. Do share more details when you get them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
Seems to be a common problem with figo's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Quote:
Then IT is a common problem. I guess post 50k it would be worthwhile to get it checked at routine service.
Faced the same problem in our 35K run 2010 Figo TDCI. I was speaking to my dad yesterday and he mentioned the same problem. While driving suddenly the gear got stuck and he was not able to shift. The car was towed away to the service center.
josejoseph is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 22:33   #9235
Senior - BHPian

Holy Molly, this gear issue seems to be as widespread as the stalling issues! I wish I'd got my Figo checked when it went for its 20 K kms service early this week.

I'll certainly list this for the next service. BTW, is the next one due at 30 K kms?

The most recent service cost me Rs 5500.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 23:05   #9236
BHPian

Quote:
Holy Molly, this gear issue seems to be as widespread as the stalling issues! I wish I'd got my Figo checked when it went for its 20 K kms service early this week.

I'll certainly list this for the next service. BTW, is the next one due at 30 K kms?

The most recent service cost me Rs 5500.
Yes. The next one is due at 30k. What is the gear issue? I have never faced it in my car yet and it has run 50k.

I have faced the stalling issue though which disappeared after the ECU upgrade.
satan's_valet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 23:10   #9237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Yes. The next one is due at 30k. What is the gear issue? I have never faced it in my car yet and it has run 50k.

I have faced the stalling issue though which disappeared after the ECU upgrade.
Please read the posts above and you'll know about the issues with the gear getting jammed.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2014, 03:31   #9238
BHPian

On the Gear issue:

I too had to get all the synchronizer rings of my gear replaced after persisting really really hard, from FORD India. They tried various things, but i was losing control of gears while driving. The gears would just jam, slip or sometimes slot with a high decibel friction noise.

Finally after a year of dilly dallying and ignoring the issue, my gear system went through two transmission overhauls and now the issue is at rest (between Jul 2013- Apr 2014).

Gear Transmission going bad is not something i expected while i bought the car.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2014, 10:44   #9239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
My Figo's already feeble single tone horn doesn't work for first few kilometers. Take out car in morning and horn doesnt work. Drive for 5 kilometers and it starts working. This has been happening for month and half now.
I've got the exact same problem with my 2 year old Figo. What did the A.S.S have to say about your horn? Did they replace the horn or just fixed something?

Also if at all a new horn has to be fitted, would it be covered under warranty?
MorePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2014, 15:26   #9240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Another angle, perhaps this would depict the exact color.
I had a doubt..Is Mars Red exactly the same color as the Ecosport one or is the difference clearly visible? In the pictures it looks a bit different..Not seen one in the flesh as yet...Thanks

Last edited by car love : 18th April 2014 at 15:33.
car love is offline   Reply With Quote