Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2014, 18:52   #9376
BHPian
 
DRIVE_ADDICT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 406
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Ok. Let me give that a try. Thanks.

Is a HU upgrade advisable for Figo? If so, what is the best possible option. I do not want a integrated navigation system with the HU.
I personally feel the Figo's OEM audio unit is better than almost all budget units from Pioneer / Kenwood / JVC stable. Its crystal CLEAR, Neither treble some nor boomy ala after market units, its a well sounding unit.
If one can add up a good set of Comps with amp then it can even out beat after market budget systems with comps. I'am running with this setup and it sounds better than my after market setup in my previous car.

If you are really inclined about adding an after market unit, get ready to shelve some good amount of money (north of 25k) to call it an upgrade to OEM.

I didn't face any issue in playing .mp3 with different bit rates. I used to create folders in my Pen drive and didn't face any issue. One question do you create multiple hierarchies of folders?.

I 'am so interested to understand the pattern of occurrence.
Just remove all the files from your memory stick and try to keep only those files which are not playing, attempt it with and without folders. This will help to identify the issue whether its with particular .mp3 files or with folder architecture. And.. please do update the outcome here .

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 10th June 2014 at 18:53.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 20:14   #9377
BHPian
 
satan's_valet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: TN09/KA04
Posts: 286
Thanked: 140 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
I personally feel the Figo's OEM audio unit is better than almost all budget units from Pioneer / Kenwood / JVC stable. Its crystal CLEAR, Neither treble some nor boomy ala after market units, its a well sounding unit.
If one can add up a good set of Comps with amp then it can even out beat after market budget systems with comps. I'am running with this setup and it sounds better than my after market setup in my previous car.

If you are really inclined about adding an after market unit, get ready to shelve some good amount of money (north of 25k) to call it an upgrade to OEM.

I didn't face any issue in playing .mp3 with different bit rates. I used to create folders in my Pen drive and didn't face any issue. One question do you create multiple hierarchies of folders?.
Precisely. I have been very happy with the stock audio setup in Figo. This is one of the reason why I'm finding it particularly hard for an after market audio setup for Figo in this forum. But off late this issue has started cropping up and after a while gets really frustrating. I have each folder for a movie and the songs under it and no sub-folders under it.

Quote:
I 'am so interested to understand the pattern of occurrence.
Just remove all the files from your memory stick and try to keep only those files which are not playing, attempt it with and without folders. This will help to identify the issue whether its with particular .mp3 files or with folder architecture. And.. please do update the outcome here
Yes. I will put all the songs in the root folder and see if the issue occurs. And of course, post the results here.
satan's_valet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 15:34   #9378
BHPian
 
satan's_valet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: TN09/KA04
Posts: 286
Thanked: 140 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
please do update the outcome here .
Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Yes. I will put all the songs in the root folder and see if the issue occurs. And of course, post the results here.
An update on the audio issue. I had placed all the files in the root folder of USB but the error still persisted. Especially for Yeh Jawaani Hai Diwani and ZNMD movies. The same songs are played flawlessly when streamed through BT. Not sure what could be the issue with USB.

Will an Ipod with AUX cable work on Figo's HU?
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 18:42   #9379
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,910
Thanked: 1,909 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Has the 1.2 Figo owners observed the engine a bit clattery?
Mine has crossed 30k and the clatter used to be there earlier as well, but only once the car has run a bit.
At first I thought it was the resonance sound from the headers which my car has, but I was listening to a petrol Figo today which was passing by in slow speed and I was almost sure it was a diesel until it passed by.

I remember when the car was brand new, the engine was absolutely silent.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 08:56   #9380
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 184 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Does this happen only when the engine is cold or does it continue even when the engine's hot?
It could it be the hydraulic lifters making slight noises & there's nothing much to worry if the noises go away once the engine warms up.

Do keep this thread posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Has the 1.2 Figo owners observed the engine a bit clattery?
Mine has crossed 30k and the clatter used to be there earlier as well, but only once the car has run a bit.
At first I thought it was the resonance sound from the headers which my car has, but I was listening to a petrol Figo today which was passing by in slow speed and I was almost sure it was a diesel until it passed by.

I remember when the car was brand new, the engine was absolutely silent.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 13th June 2014 at 09:03.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 09:59   #9381
BHPian
 
r_devakumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 220
Thanked: 67 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
An update on the audio issue. I had placed all the files in the root folder of USB but the error still persisted. Especially for Yeh Jawaani Hai Diwani and ZNMD movies. The same songs are played flawlessly when streamed through BT. Not sure what could be the issue with USB.

Will an Ipod with AUX cable work on Figo's HU?
If you have original CD, you can try rip/ encode again and try. There could be some possibility that encoding has some issue which may prevent some old players recognizing the file. Also you can use multiple programs to encode and try.
r_devakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 10:10   #9382
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,910
Thanked: 1,909 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Does this happen only when the engine is cold or does it continue even when the engine's hot?
It could it be the hydraulic lifters making slight noises & there's nothing much to worry if the noises go away once the engine warms up.

Do keep this thread posted.
I haven't noticed it when the engine is cold since the engine revs up when cold started, but after driving a bit and when left in idle , the clatter is very audible.
I thought at first it maybe because of the FFE in my car, but I have heard a couple of other Figo's and they were noisy as well.
So I wanted to check if a stock Figo has the same amount of clatter too.

I can record the engine noise when cold and warm and post it if required.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 10:33   #9383
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 17
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Hi everyone. Am observing a wierd squeaking sound at the time of gear changes. It seems to come at the time of clutch release. This has been happening for last 10-15 days.
Since last 2-3 days am obsrving this squeak even when i press the accelerator. This squeak happens at the time of drive being delivered to wheels (when the effect/impact of pressing the accelerator is actually felt)
What could this noise be from- And could it be start of a bigger problem?
Mine is 1.4 Tdci unit, done 45k on it.
Sameer_Gupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 10:48   #9384
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 84
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

I also found the 1.2 Figo Engine bit rough and clattery. Maybe, it is because of its 3 pot engine (pls correct me, if I am wrong).

At the same time, I also find the Figo AC Compressor to be quite loud and noisy. Any fixes for this?
civic-dk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 11:20   #9385
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,910
Thanked: 1,909 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameer_Gupta View Post
Hi everyone. Am observing a wierd squeaking sound at the time of gear changes. It seems to come at the time of clutch release. This has been happening for last 10-15 days.
Since last 2-3 days am obsrving this squeak even when i press the accelerator. This squeak happens at the time of drive being delivered to wheels (when the effect/impact of pressing the accelerator is actually felt)
What could this noise be from- And could it be start of a bigger problem?
Mine is 1.4 Tdci unit, done 45k on it.
Check the weld joints of the clamp that holds the exhaust pipe and muffler . You will need to bend down and accelerate(neutral/handbrake engaged) using your hand and at the same time check if the squeak is from the bottom. The whole exhaust system has a slight horizontal movement when accelerating and de-accelerating.

At times when the car scrapes something, there are chances the muffler has taken a beating which weakens the weld joints and eventually fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I also found the 1.2 Figo Engine bit rough and clattery. Maybe, it is because of its 3 pot engine (pls correct me, if I am wrong).

At the same time, I also find the Figo AC Compressor to be quite loud and noisy. Any fixes for this?
It is a 4 pot DOHC SEFI engine which is actually smooth , but noisy. Yes, it does feel rough after long durations of running which I feel will go away by using fully synthetic engine oil.

The AC on the Figo is one of the more powerful ones and the fan kicks into full speed more often which is what actually makes it noisy.

Last edited by tharian : 13th June 2014 at 11:23.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 12:23   #9386
BHPian
 
Arch-Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chn(Atrocity)
Posts: 552
Thanked: 275 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
An update on the audio issue. I had placed all the files in the root folder of USB....Will an Ipod with AUX cable work on Figo's HU?
You can try re-converting all your songs to mp3 with super video converter which i remember had an ability to convert audio as well. Try using lame mp3 codec and converting your songs to mp3 with 128 kbps bitrate.
Arch-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 14:10   #9387
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 695
Thanked: 321 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Hi Guys, Does anybody have any idea if the ABS light would be on with 6 beeps once i crank the engine if the battery gets old ?

I have been having this for the past 5 days, once i turn on the ignition all the lights turn on then turns off as usual. But once i crank the engine, the ABS light turns on along with 6 beep sounds then turns off. This happened everyday morning, then for the past 2 days, i have been having this issue when the car is not used for more than 7-10 hours.

Took to the Chennai Ford Service Center, they checked the battery and the health report had 6 bars out of 10. They said the battery is going down since its been more than 3 years, which is causing the issue. They did not advise me to change the battery as of now and that it can be changed if the cranking starts having issues.

Thanks
Ram
I have something similar happening in my car. When i turn the ignition on, all the dash board lights turn on and gradually they turn off except for few along with the 6-7 beeps. After that when I crank the engine, the ABS light turns on for a fraction of a second along with a short beep. It goes away once the engine is on. Not sure what causes it. Showed it to A.S.S and he said it was no issue. Did you get any root cause for this, how is it linked to battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Ford has the worst AC systems. We have had Ford Fusion, Old Fiesta, Figo, New Fiesta and Ecosport. All diesel models.
Fusion AC repairs cost over 1.2 Lakhs. Now sold.
Old Fiesta AC repairs cost 1 Lakh
Now my Figo has started giving problems - 70K service cost INR 21K. Large part of it was AC repairs.
New Fiesta and Ecosport have not yet started giving problems but AC will surely fail.
Try local AC repair guys after warranty to keep costs down. Helped in Old Fiesta
Seems rather high repair bills. In general I havnt heard lot of complaints about Ford HVAC systems. I have a 10 yr old Ikon which hasnt given me much AC issues other than the infamous heater bypass valve issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
I personally feel the Figo's OEM audio unit is better than almost all budget units from Pioneer / Kenwood / JVC stable. Its crystal CLEAR, Neither treble some nor boomy ala after market units, its a well sounding unit.
If one can add up a good set of Comps with amp then it can even out beat after market budget systems with comps. I'am running with this setup and it sounds better than my after market setup in my previous car.

If you are really inclined about adding an after market unit, get ready to shelve some good amount of money (north of 25k) to call it an upgrade to OEM.
I agree that Figo HU is pretty decent with all features that are needed. ONly think it misses is a funky display. I also have a Amp+Sub+Comp setup and it sounds pretty decent.
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 15:21   #9388
Mik
BHPian
 
Mik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: GGN>BLR
Posts: 354
Thanked: 288 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Yesterday, the AC in my car was giving off a very different pungent smell (not exactly putrid - just slightly gaseous and not even too unpleasant) Any pointers on this ?
Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2014, 07:46   #9389
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default

My Figo D's air con is making all sorts of weird noises on the move.

Cooling is perfect. There's nothing to complain about the cooling part.

But I could here the sound of a broken toilet pipe choking out while the AC is on.

Has anybody faced this issue?
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2014, 09:54   #9390
BHPian
 
nishantbhatia84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 235
Thanked: 186 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Yesterday, the AC in my car was giving off a very different pungent smell (not exactly putrid - just slightly gaseous and not even too unpleasant) Any pointers on this ?
1. May happen due to dampness inside the car during monsoon.
2. Something pungent outside the vehicle, the smell may seep inside sometimes.
3. Worst case scenario : dead rodent!





Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
My Figo D's air con is making all sorts of weird noises on the move.

Cooling is perfect. There's nothing to complain about the cooling part.

But I could here the sound of a broken toilet pipe choking out while the AC is on.

Has anybody faced this issue?
Request you to explain the noise in detail as it's hard to imagine the noise a broken toilet pipe makes!
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:38.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks