Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th June 2014, 10:31   #9391
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
My Figo D's air con is making all sorts of weird noises on the move.

Cooling is perfect. There's nothing to complain about the cooling part.

But I could here the sound of a broken toilet pipe choking out while the AC is on.

Has anybody faced this issue?
Is the choking sound from the blower? I had the same issue a while back after the end of a long trip. The blower, even without the air con turned on, used to break up. It becomes quite clear when the blower is in max speed. I had to turn off the AC for a while and then turn it on for it work.
But, that is the issue many owners have faced and I got it fixed at a independent AC repair shop. Topped up the gas and cleaned the evaporator and condensor.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2014, 15:39   #9392
BHPian

Folks,
Gave my car for the 30k service today. No major issues, the SA called up & informed me that there is a noise from the engine & upon inspection found out that there is a problem with an injector. SA confirmed that the replacement is covered under warranty, I gave a go ahead to change it.

Wanted to check if this can happen on a car driven for 30k & have I done the right thing by asking them to replace it.
Venkat_Figo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 15:54   #9393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I have something similar happening in my car. When i turn the ignition on, all the dash board lights turn on and gradually they turn off except for few along with the 6-7 beeps. After that when I crank the engine, the ABS light turns on for a fraction of a second along with a short beep. It goes away once the engine is on. Not sure what causes it. Showed it to A.S.S and he said it was no issue. Did you get any root cause for this, how is it linked to battery?
A.S.S say its because of the battery, while cranking the car uses a lot of power. Took the car to a Amaron Battery shop guys, they checked the battery volts while cranking, the volts went down to 8 whereas it should have been 12. The reason A.S.S provided was when the engine is cranked, the ABS system is checked and due to less power, the ECM think the ABS system is faulty. Its time for me to replace the battery anyway, so iam going to change it this week. Will keep posted if it resolves the issue.

Ram
ramharis is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 11:14   #9394
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
there is a noise from the engine & upon inspection found out that there is a problem with an injector.

Wanted to check if this can happen on a car driven for 30k & have I done the right thing by asking them to replace it.
It is good to see your SA notified this.
My car's injector was changed around 7k and another one was replaced around 36k due to uneven diesel inflow to the chamber. Both were done under warranty.
Do check your service bill to see the part replaced with zero charges.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 14:27   #9395
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,
Gave my car for the 30k service today. No major issues, the SA called up & informed me that there is a noise from the engine & upon inspection found out that there is a problem with an injector. SA confirmed that the replacement is covered under warranty, I gave a go ahead to change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
My car's injector was changed around 7k and another one was replaced around 36k due to uneven diesel inflow to the chamber. Both were done under warranty.
Injector change happened on my car as well at around 20K km. I felt there was knocking kind of sound during idling and low rpm and pointed it out to A.S.S. Upon checking they said one of the injectors isn't working well and changed under warranty. Costed ~24K for the 1 injector. I though injector failure should be a rare item but looks like it is happening more often.
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 14:37   #9396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post

Injector change happened on my car as well at around 20K km. I felt there was knocking kind of sound during idling and low rpm and pointed it out to A.S.S. Upon checking they said one of the injectors isn't working well and changed under warranty. Costed ~24K for the 1 injector. I though injector failure should be a rare item but looks like it is happening more often.
24k??
Made out of carbotanium or what?
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 16:47   #9397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
They changed a total of 4 injectors, I was shocked but nevertheless was done under warranty, hence nothing paid from my pocket.

I was gonna install a race chip in July, I believe the race chip is programmed to make the injectors inject more fuel. If this is the case then maybe I may have to get the injectors changed more frequently.
Old 22nd June 2014, 17:07   #9398
BHPian

Quote:
They changed a total of 4 injectors, I was shocked but nevertheless was done under warranty, hence nothing paid from my pocket.

I was gonna install a race chip in July, I believe the race chip is programmed to make the injectors inject more fuel. If this is the case then maybe I may have to get the injectors changed more frequently.
At what kms were the injectors replaced. Even though it was covered under warranty, what was the cost of the injectors?
auto_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 22:32   #9399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
At what kms were the injectors replaced. Even though it was covered under warranty, what was the cost of the injectors?
They were changed at 30k. I asked the SA about the price of the injectors, she said they are covered under warranty, did not bother to check much. Will call them up & check.

Really bothers me, as I have a feeling they may cost a bomb. Post the warranty expires, they could drill a huge hole in my wallet. Or I may have to sell it once the warranty expires (I'd hate to do it, as I love the car).
Old 24th June 2014, 11:27   #9400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
A.S.S say its because of the battery, while cranking the car uses a lot of power. Took the car to a Amaron Battery shop guys, they checked the battery volts while cranking, the volts went down to 8 whereas it should have been 12. The reason A.S.S provided was when the engine is cranked, the ABS system is checked and due to less power, the ECM think the ABS system is faulty. Its time for me to replace the battery anyway, so iam going to change it this week. Will keep posted if it resolves the issue.

Ram
The ABS Light coming on and beeping just after cranking the engine has started in my car as well. It happened last week a couple of times, when I started the car first thing in the morning, but not otherwise.

My car is a May 2010 model, so I guess the battery is now due for replacement?
KiloAlpha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 16:58   #9401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
The ABS Light coming on and beeping just after cranking the engine has started in my car as well. It happened last week a couple of times, when I started the car first thing in the morning, but not otherwise.

My car is a May 2010 model, so I guess the battery is now due for replacement?
I had the Battery replaced with Amaron Flo (with 2 years gaurentee then additional 2 year warranty), total of 4 years. Costs Rs.4100 (with exchange of old battery). And yes it has fixed the issue, I dont have those beeping and ABS lights while cranking.

It does not happen when the car has run for sometime, since the battery would have been charged completely. It did start once a day then became twice, the last 2 days, it happened everytime I start the car. Please check the battery condition before you have it replaced.

Ram

Last edited by ramharis : 24th June 2014 at 17:02. Reason: Addition of information
ramharis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 01:41   #9402
BHPian

Sorry for the OT guys. Does anybody from here have a broken tail lamp of a figo? Need one for experimental purpose. All i need is the housing. Lens doesn't matter at all.

I'm in the process of making the tail lamps look far better and cannot afford to mess with the stock ones. So looking for a spare/broken one.

Any help would be much appreciated. thank you.
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 05:50   #9403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Sorry for the OT guys. Does anybody from here have a broken tail lamp of a figo? Need one for experimental purpose. All i need is the housing. Lens doesn't matter at all.

I'm in the process of making the tail lamps look far better and cannot afford to mess with the stock ones. So looking for a spare/broken one.

Any help would be much appreciated. thank you.
OT Again!

I have a pair of tail lamps for the Santro, would they be of any help? You can take them free but I stay in Bangalore
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 13:44   #9404

Came for regular service of my Figo 1.4 - all done smoothly, but then my SA informs me that there is some noise coming from the power steering pump. Also the power steering fluid seems to have some debris. According to him the PS pump needs to be changed Its just 46k on odo and 3 yrs plus one month of ownership. Cost of pump is approx 8.5k. Can ps pump fail so soon? Is changing the pump my only option. Since the car is anyways out of warranty and am informed that i would be charged in full for this, should i look to get this done outside ASS?
Sameer_Gupta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 23:45   #9405
BHPian

Where are you going to get a genuine PS pump? My steering column had squeaking at 70k service. The column has been changed. Once we buy a car we are at their mercy. Get it changed at the ASS itself.
And hope the next service doesn't serve up any more surprises. One should be thankful that services are at 10k intervals.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote