Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2014, 10:34   #9721
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Yes, the ABS equipped Figo has a bigger disc and I guess drum as well.
Any idea how much it costs to replace just the disc pads?
I would have to check with the service guys which disc and pads they have installed, the break isn't as effective as it was when the car was new.

Disc Pads - ~₹1600
Discs - ~₹2500

Iam guessing these are the right discs and pads that were supposed to be installed for Titanium. I have the old discs too, will see if its any different.
ramharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 11:49   #9722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
I would have to check with the service guys which disc and pads they have installed, the break isn't as effective as it was when the car was new.

Disc Pads - ~₹1600
Discs - ~₹2500

Iam guessing these are the right discs and pads that were supposed to be installed for Titanium. I have the old discs too, will see if its any different.
Is 1600 for both wheels?
I don't think the NON-ABS disc set can be fitted on the ABS version.
Let the brakes set in and then check if they are effective.
Old 10th December 2014, 14:14   #9723
BHPian

Yes, 1600 for both left and right.
Iam not sure what you mean by set in, I have already driven 13K kms, since I replaced them. If anybody happen to have the part number for the original brakes I could verify them with the one replaced. I have asked the Ford dealer to find out the part numbers for ABS ones and non-ABS ones. Hoping they installed the right ones.
Old 10th December 2014, 14:27   #9724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post

I could only think of 2 reasons,
1. The noises started a few days after i had the tyres switched to 185/65 CC3s, could that be causing the noise ?

2. I believe Figo's with ABS has different break discs and pads than non-ABS ones. Cousin who was working in Ford (in vehicle development) told me that Titanium variant has better performing disc that other. Anybody have any idea if they are actually different ones ?
If they are different ones, then I could talk to Ford Service guys and check the ones they installed and have them replace the correct ones.
Bigger tyres wont cause this problem.
ABS pads will not even fit on the non ABS calipers. So they have indeed installed the correct pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Yes, the ABS equipped Figo has a bigger disc and I guess drum as well.
Any idea how much it costs to replace just the disc pads?
Non ABS Figo comes with Ikon's Braking system.

The Titanium comes with the Fiesta's braking system.

Compared to the Titaniums braking system - The lower variants have
Smaller Disc rotors, smaller calipers and brake pads,
Non Titanium cars also have smaller rear drums.

So no the pads, rotors cant be interchanged unless You change the complete set.
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 09:56   #9725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

Any one has seen battery test report ? how it looks and based on what parameters battery life is decided. Could not find any thread on team bhp

Any one else here replaced battery before completing 3 years for Figo?
I have recently asked for a general checkup and battery report shows the battery is weak. The advisor said the levels are just below the threshold and soon, it needs replacement.

His question was whether the car is 3 years old. So, I'm assuming 40k kms is approx. life of battery. My car is 4 years, 40k kms old. My driving is approximately 35 kms per day in b2b traffic.

Even I'm trying to understand if this is right.

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
Old 16th December 2014, 15:45   #9726
BHPian

Update on Engine Check light (vehicle going into limp mode)

My Figo Titanium which has done 32000 kms, had been coming with Engine Check light intermittently with the vehicle going into limp mode. On a particular day, I got it thrice within an hour. This made me really frustrated and I decided then and their to either get it fixed or if I can't, then sell the car.

Did some quick internet search and found out some links talking about throttle body cleaning/replacement and fuel injectors cleaning. To start with I got the throttle body cleaned by my trusted FNG. Thankfully, it has been 2 weeks since then and the dreaded Engine Check light hasn't reappeared.

I will keep watching it hoping it wouldn't come back. if it does, then the next step will be to replace the throttle body.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 00:04   #9727
BHPian

Guys,

My figo (titanium diesel) has this peculiar problem which started during my manali trip. The car beeps while / post cranking the engine

The 8 beeps are heard once we switch the ignition on. After those 8 beeps, when i turn the key to crank the engine, 2 or 3 more beeps are heard. This mostly happens while cold starts. Sometimes, engine takes longer crank cycle to fire.

My figo has clocked 62k kms. What could be the issue???

This
Old 19th December 2014, 11:34   #9728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Guys,

My figo (titanium diesel) has this peculiar problem which started during my manali trip. The car beeps while / post cranking the engine

The 8 beeps are heard once we switch the ignition on. After those 8 beeps, when i turn the key to crank the engine, 2 or 3 more beeps are heard. This mostly happens while cold starts. Sometimes, engine takes longer crank cycle to fire.

This
Sounds like weaker battery. Check the battery. You can use the in-car diagnostic mode to check the Battery V while cranking. It should not go below 10-11V while cranking.
Old 19th December 2014, 13:19   #9729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Update on Engine Check light (vehicle going into limp mode)

My Figo Titanium which has done 32000 kms, had been coming with Engine Check light intermittently with the vehicle going into limp mode. On a particular day, I got it thrice within an hour. This made me really frustrated and I decided then and their to either get it fixed or if I can't, then sell the car.

Did some quick internet search and found out some links talking about throttle body cleaning/replacement and fuel injectors cleaning. To start with I got the throttle body cleaned by my trusted FNG. Thankfully, it has been 2 weeks since then and the dreaded Engine Check light hasn't reappeared.

I will keep watching it hoping it wouldn't come back. if it does, then the next step will be to replace the throttle body.
Have the same Limp mode issue, our car started doing this recently, but I do not have any check engine light.
When the car goes into limp mode the seedo meter stops working.

I will try a DIY Throttle body and MAF cleaning and see if that helps.
Old 19th December 2014, 13:39   #9730
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

This
How old is your battery? In case you are running on the original battery I suspect the battery is at fault.

I changed mine yesterday at 60k km's BTW.

Please check the battery voltage as suggested and let us know.
Old 19th December 2014, 15:03   #9731
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

This
Does the extra beep come on with the "ABS" light on the dashboard. If so, there is no issue. I believe this is normal behavior. Even I have observed the same during winter months.
Old 19th December 2014, 20:44   #9732
BHPian

How much the outside rear view mirror for Figo cost? And do we have get it painted also? A bull decided to break our Figo's side view mirror, the mirror is completely knocked off.
Old 19th December 2014, 21:08   #9733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
How much the outside rear view mirror for Figo cost? And do we have get it painted also? A bull decided to break our Figo's side view mirror, the mirror is completely knocked off.
As far i remember, it was 1,500 rupees for non painted ORVM (Outside Rear View Mirror ). My ORVM and painting charges were covered under insurance when a biker had dented my front door and knocked off driver side mirror.
recshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 11:21   #9734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Have the same Limp mode issue, our car started doing this recently, but I do not have any check engine light.
When the car goes into limp mode the seedo meter stops working.

I will try a DIY Throttle body and MAF cleaning and see if that helps.
Vehicle speed sensor seems to be the culprit.
Old 20th December 2014, 11:45   #9735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post

Vehicle speed sensor seems to be the culprit.
In my travails with the vss, it doesn't cause the car to go into limp home mode, only shuts off the speedo, and blanks out the MID.

Most Viewed