Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2014, 14:08   #9736
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 229
Thanked: 84 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
In my travails with the vss, it doesn't cause the car to go into limp home mode, only shuts off the speedo, and blanks out the MID.
In my case, accelerator stopped responding. I had to increase vehicle speed using gears which meant moving around town with max speed at 35 kmph in 4th gear.

MID didn't go blank when this happened, it became static.
Diesel lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 18:03   #9737
Senior - BHPian
 
recshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mangalore / Bangalore
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 78 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
How old is your battery? In case you are running on the original battery I suspect the battery is at fault.

I changed mine yesterday at 60k km's BTW.

Please check the battery voltage as suggested and let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Sounds like weaker battery. Check the battery. You can use the in-car diagnostic mode to check the Battery V while cranking. It should not go below 10-11V while cranking.
I had used OBD car doctor android app paired with ELM327 for checking the battery voltage variation while cranking. Battery voltage went down till 10.5V for a moment while cranking but definitely not less than 10.

Is Figo battery maintenance free or should we put some distilled water.

Last edited by recshenoy : 22nd December 2014 at 18:08. Reason: .
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 18:21   #9738
BHPian
 
DRIVE_ADDICT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 406
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I had used OBD car doctor android app paired with ELM327 for checking the battery voltage variation while cranking. Battery voltage went down till 10.5V for a moment while cranking but definitely not less than 10.

Is Figo battery maintenance free or should we put some distilled water.
I think its maintenance free.. You can try the in-car diagnostic mode for re-confirmation. The video below will show you how to activate that.


If the V remains above 10V then your battery is fine.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 19:36   #9739
BHPian
 
batterylow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Driver seat!
Posts: 543
Thanked: 573 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Is Figo battery maintenance free or should we put some distilled water.
AFAIK its maintenance free.
batterylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 22:44   #9740
BHPian
 
Sabareesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ambarnath
Posts: 320
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Guys,

My figo (titanium diesel) has this peculiar problem which started during my manali trip. The car beeps while / post cranking the engine
The problem was a discharged battery. I refilled distilled water and got it recharged, problem solved

Now, while cranking, the abs light momentarily glows with a beep or 2. Why is this happening? I don't recall seeing this earlier. What could be wrong?
Sabareesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2014, 19:08   #9741
Newbie
 
pkothak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 17
Thanked: 6 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I am holding my 2012 model Figo with 3 years warranty which is going to expire on January 12th, 2015. The Hyderabad Local dealers (Vibrant Motors and Fortune Ford) called me for an extended warranty for 4th year. When I asked the cost they said 14,400/-. As of now my car doesn't have any major issues. But just wanted to check with you all is this really worth paying that much amount for one more year warranty. For your reference my car’s ODO is at 56000 KMS. During my current warranty they have replaced the
Air conditioner evaporator system apart from that I did not have any major issues faced. Please suggest me on this.



Mod Note : Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word software (MS Word etc.). That results in a formatting error on our Forum.

Click here to know how to remove FONT Tags from your post (Removing [FONT] [SIZE] and [COLOR] tags from your post).

Going forward, do keep in mind that it's best to type directly into Team-BHP.

Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th December 2014 at 08:36. Reason: See note in post.
pkothak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 17:22   #9742
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 126
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
I am holding my 2012 model Figo with 3 years warranty which is going to expire on January 12th, 2015. The Hyderabad Local dealers (Vibrant Motors and Fortune Ford) called me for an extended warranty for 4th year. When I asked the cost they said 14,400/-. As of now my car doesn't have any major issues. But just wanted to check with you all is this really worth paying that much amount for one more year warranty. For your reference my car’s ODO is at 56000 KMS. During my current warranty they have replaced the
Air conditioner evaporator system apart from that I did not have any major issues faced. Please suggest me on this.



Mod Note : Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word software (MS Word etc.). That results in a formatting error on our Forum.

Click here to know how to remove FONT Tags from your post (Removing [FONT] [SIZE] and [COLOR] tags from your post).

Going forward, do keep in mind that it's best to type directly into Team-BHP.

Thanks
14.4k stands to be pretty expensive for an extended 4th year warranty. Again if your car hasn't given much trouble you may overlook it.

Few months ago Ford A.S.S quoted 11k for the extended 4th year warranty. Its getting costlier day by day.
Venkat_Figo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2014, 12:07   #9743
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 832
Thanked: 201 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I have given my 2010 Figo for 80k service. Last service was in July and cost me 26K. Plus body work. Now I have been given the following Quote:
Accessory bely and pully - 18k
Brake shoe, drum and bearing - 16k
Battery - 6.5k
Oil sump - 4k
Oil service - 8k
Rear bumper - 8k
Total >60k
On asking to check previous records, they say their service centers are not linked and so cannot get details of service done previously.
Why is Akshya ford charging so much? Which of these should I do now?
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2014, 12:15   #9744
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 2,948
Thanked: 2,841 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I have given my 2010 Figo for 80k service. Last service was in July and cost me 26K. Plus body work. Now I have been given the following Quote:
Accessory bely and pully - 18k
Brake shoe, drum and bearing - 16k
Battery - 6.5k
Oil sump - 4k
Oil service - 8k
Rear bumper - 8k
Total >60k
On asking to check previous records, they say their service centers are not linked and so cannot get details of service done previously.
Why is Akshya ford charging so much? Which of these should I do now?
Could not get the following:

Accessory bely and pully - 18k - What is it?
Oil sump - 4k - Why the oil sump needs to be changed?
Oil service - 8k- What is oil service? Assuming it to be change of engine oil, this is crazily expensive.

Check physically if the brake pads and drum need change. Are the wheel bearings really bust? Any indications?

And does the rear bumper needs a change? Any mishap? 60K for a service - that is an overkill for a Figo anyway. First I will change the service center, and if other ASCs also asks for such obscene amount of money for a regular service, I will change the car itself!

Last edited by saket77 : 27th December 2014 at 12:17.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2014, 13:14   #9745
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 832
Thanked: 201 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Sorry @saket77: spelling mistake.
Accessory belt and pully.
Oil sump said to be damaged
Oil service is the 80k service
And brake inspection will cost 2k. So no option to inspect.
Rear bumper was hit by a scooty and is damaged.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2014, 13:45   #9746
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 681 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Accessory belt and pully.
Oil sump said to be damaged
Oil service is the 80k service
And brake inspection will cost 2k. So no option to inspect.
Rear bumper was hit by a scooty and is damaged.
Check the belt physically- any shredding and it needs to be changed.

If you want to skimp, then change the belt alone and let the pulleys be changed later if any problem arises- the main component is the dampener pulley and it's wear shows in a ear rattling sound.

Oil sump can be welded(outside job).

80k service might involve changing the diesel heater- can be skipped. Oil, oil filter, diesel filter, air filter and clutch/brake fluids can cost 6k.

And yeah! We know that pretty girl in scooty hitting story!

Last edited by ramzsys : 27th December 2014 at 13:46.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2014, 13:54   #9747
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 2,948
Thanked: 2,841 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
And yeah! We know that pretty girl in scooty hitting story!
I think Pandher was involved in this mishap. Isn't it?
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 15:44   #9748
BHPian
 
StepUP!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 193
Thanked: 308 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

My Figo's bluetooth connectivity was working seamlessly till my nexus 5 android version was upgraded from 4.4 to 5.

After I moved to Android 5, I am not happy with the calling function. When I dial a number, previously it used to pause music/radio immediately and resume after call is ended. Now, even after I dial a number music/radio is not paused immediately. It's paused only after dialed person actually answers the call. Else I don't even come to know what's happening with the call i.e. whether it's not able to connect through or the person is not answering my call etc.

Is someone else facing this issue?
StepUP! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 16:12   #9749
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 832
Thanked: 201 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

@saket77: Nope it was me and not Pandher. Happened in Chennai on Kilpauk Garden Road about 6 months back.
@ramzsys: I was told that the belt and pulleys are a set and cannot be billed separately. There is a diesel heater??
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 16:35   #9750
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 1,047
Thanked: 296 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

From the next service onwards ( 70 K) I am not taking the FIGO to Ford ASC. I will get the car serviced at an independent garage. Figo maintenance cost a bomb and I am not the only customer who had been receiving these exhorbitant bills.

I believe the time has come when I should look for a suitable replacement for the FIGO which is a car which impressed me for the first 45 K KM. Since then the ownership experience has been down hill mainly due to the expensive maintenance.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:45.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks