Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2015, 16:47   #9886
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 201 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I always thought that Figo had dual horns. At least my Dec 2010 model seems to have 2.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2015, 16:57   #9887
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,072
Thanked: 518 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I always thought that Figo had dual horns. At least my Dec 2010 model seems to have 2.
They removed one in the refresh model. . The stock horn is similar to the ones on entry level 100cc bikes !
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2015, 08:39   #9888
Senior - BHPian
 
recshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mangalore / Bangalore
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 78 Times
Default

Some auto carrying over loaded coconut bags took out my figo rear bumper while my brother tried negotiating a narrow lane. The clip which holds the bumper is broken. Tried fevi quick but no use. Any other option like automotive adhesive or fitting a clamp should I go for bumper replacement ?

Updated from team bhp mobile app

Ps: trying to upload image through app but I am getting security error.

Last edited by recshenoy : 17th March 2015 at 08:42.
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2015, 09:37   #9889
BHPian
 
DragonHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: B'lore-Puttur
Posts: 252
Thanked: 261 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

My car battery is showing its age, currently it is 2.7yrs old. There is a few sec delay in cranking the engine during early morning starts and works fine throughout the day. I haven`t added any extra electrical accessories apart from standard fitments which came with car. Since my car is due for 4th service this Friday I will get the cranking voltage and alternator charging voltage checked.

However I am looking at opinions from experts on below pointers.
* I know that many bhpians reported battery entering dying state within 3 yrs of ownership. If indeed I need to change my battery then is it better to stick with Ford motorcraft battery or you have any other brand which you recommend.
* Upon browsing, I found http://www.batterywale.com listed amaron AAM-FL-545106036 at Rs 4069 on exchange with old battery. I am not aware if this includes installation charges as well. This comes with standard 2 yrs warranty, do you think this is a fair deal.
DragonHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2015, 12:48   #9890
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 164 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
My car battery is showing its age, currently it is 2.7yrs old. There is a few sec delay in cranking the engine during early morning starts and works fine throughout the day. I haven`t added any extra electrical accessories apart from standard fitments which came with car. Since my car is due for 4th service this Friday I will get the cranking voltage and alternator charging voltage checked.

However I am looking at opinions from experts on below pointers.
* I know that many bhpians reported battery entering dying state within 3 yrs of ownership. If indeed I need to change my battery then is it better to stick with Ford motorcraft battery or you have any other brand which you recommend.
* Upon browsing, I found http://www.batterywale.com listed amaron AAM-FL-545106036 at Rs 4069 on exchange with old battery. I am not aware if this includes installation charges as well. This comes with standard 2 yrs warranty, do you think this is a fair deal.
If you are "Always go to A.S.S guy" then stick to the Ford Moto Craft battery, if you don't mind getting things checked on the street then you can go for the Amaron.

After my car's battery gave up (3 years time), I changed it to Amaron and it worked fine till the time I sold the car (1 Year).
desideep is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2015, 12:53   #9891
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post

However I am looking at opinions from experts on below pointers.
* I know that many bhpians reported battery entering dying state within 3 yrs of ownership. If indeed I need to change my battery then is it better to stick with Ford motorcraft battery or you have any other brand which you recommend.
* Upon browsing, I found http://www.batterywale.com listed amaron AAM-FL-545106036 at Rs 4069 on exchange with old battery. I am not aware if this includes installation charges as well. This comes with standard 2 yrs warranty, do you think this is a fair deal.

If the battery is found to be weak, replace it from batterywale or batterybhai/
They will come home and install the battery. The price mentioned on the website is all inclusive. Including fitting.

Someone will come home and do everything for you.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2015, 18:59   #9892
BHPian
 
StepUP!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 193
Thanked: 307 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I recently serviced my Figo TDCi as we completed 40000 kms.

Estimated bill was Rs 5000 which included routine Ford recommended services - engine oil change, air filter change, A/C cowl filter replacement, brake fluid replacement etc

Actual bill amount was Rs 7200. The transmission oil leak was detected during serviving. The gear box oil seal was leaking. They replaced gear box oil and put up a new oil seal.

As far as I know, transmission oil comes with lifetime validity and no need to change it ever. This made me think if the transmission oil had drained completely, what would have it done to the car. As there is no warning lamp also on dashboard unlike low engine oil warning.
StepUP! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 00:53   #9893
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post

As far as I know, transmission oil comes with lifetime validity and no need to change it ever. This made me think if the transmission oil had drained completely, what would have it done to the car. As there is no warning lamp also on dashboard unlike low engine oil warning.
Lifetime means 10 years.

It is standard procedure to replace the oil when they replace the gasket/seal.
Once the oil is drained they don't put it back into the transmission.

This doesnt mean your transmission was dry or that oil was low.

It must have been a very small leak.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 18th March 2015 at 01:16.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 10:17   #9894
BHPian
 
mi2n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 344
Thanked: 395 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Friends, has anyone on this forum have a sump guard fabricated and installed in his Figo? I'll be taking my car to the hills via the dreaded NH34 in May and have been advised by 1100D to fabricate and bolt on a sump guard. Looking for pictures for reference.

Thanks.
mi2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 12:43   #9895
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 126
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Some auto carrying over loaded coconut bags took out my figo rear bumper while my brother tried negotiating a narrow lane. The clip which holds the bumper is broken. Tried fevi quick but no use. Any other option like automotive adhesive or fitting a clamp should I go for bumper replacement ?

Updated from team bhp mobile app

Ps: trying to upload image through app but I am getting security error.
IMO adhesive may not hold the bumper, daily usage on bangalore roads might be too much for the adhesive to keep the bumper in place.

Clamp would do, but the fit & finish would not be at stock levels. Some small gaps would be visible. You could go for it if there is not much damage to the bumper except the clip being broken (I suspect as it was taken doen by a fully laden auto).

If there is a big dent & damage to the paint, you might well have it replaced. But do consider the NCB loss on your car insurance & take a decision.
Venkat_Figo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 14:57   #9896
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 26
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
They removed one in the refresh model. . The stock horn is similar to the ones on entry level 100cc bikes !
I guess they removed it from early 2012. My Aug-2012 Figo doesn't have dual horn. I realized the potential risk of a obscure horn when I had a close shave with a lorry on Hyd - ORR. The lorry guy almost merged onto my lane, even though I was continuously honking ... caused some sudden braking.

Better get dual horn fixed from the Ford guys. It is good for the electronics of the car especially if the car is in Warranty period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
The transmission oil leak was detected during servicing. The gear box oil seal was leaking. They replaced gear box oil and put up a new oil seal.

As far as I know, transmission oil comes with lifetime validity and no need to change it ever. This made me think if the transmission oil had drained completely, what would have it done to the car. As there is no warning lamp also on dashboard unlike low engine oil warning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Once the oil is drained they don't put it back into the transmission.
My Figo was detected with gear oil leak in the first service itself. They had to replace the seal & oil under warranty. In my case it was very minor leak with a small oil patch.

Also, my 12 year Alto had this gear oil leakage. Everyday in the parking there used to be one -two drops of oil. initially I mistook them for engine oil. But during the service, it was found that the gear oil seal was the culprit.

In my Alto's case, they refiled the extracted gear oil (that too more than a decade old used oil ). It was done in Maruti's authorized Service station (RKS Motors). I insisted for new oil but was told that old oil is good .

That's one of the reason Maruti's service cost is low compared to Ford.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th March 2015 at 21:13. Reason: Posts merged. Quotes fixed. Please check formatting, run a spell-check before postin & limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
G V Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 23:31   #9897
BHPian
 
Zahoor23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 313 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I recently had an opportunity to drive Ford Figo Diesel,i was simply astonished by the way the car handled.The steering feedback which IMHO is one of the most critical aspect for a car-enthusiast was superb.The A/C was a bone-chiller and the car felt robust.Though the power output on paper was slightly lesser than that of a petrol i10, i felt figo was the one i would prefer among the two.I really hope to see the new-gen figo sales to point upwards and ford does not make any mistake from the pricing point.
Zahoor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2015, 12:35   #9898
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 126
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahoor23 View Post
I recently had an opportunity to drive Ford Figo Diesel,i was simply astonished by the way the car handled.The steering feedback which IMHO is one of the most critical aspect for a car-enthusiast was superb.The A/C was a bone-chiller and the car felt robust.Though the power output on paper was slightly lesser than that of a petrol i10, i felt figo was the one i would prefer among the two.I really hope to see the new-gen figo sales to point upwards and ford does not make any mistake from the pricing point.
Agree with you on all the points. Pricing would be the key factor for the new Figo, hope Ford doesn't mess it up. The current gen Figo has been selling well due to the VFM tag, though enthusiasts swear by its handling & steering characteristics.

The engine would likely be the 1.5L unit for the diesel mill. If the steering & handling remains, Ford would finally have 2 cash register ringing models at one time.
Venkat_Figo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2015, 18:53   #9899
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,342
Thanked: 187 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
My car battery is showing its age, currently it is 2.7yrs old. There is a few sec delay in cranking the engine during early morning starts and works fine throughout the day. I haven`t added any extra electrical accessories apart from standard fitments which came with car. Since my car is due for 4th service this Friday I will get the cranking voltage and alternator charging voltage checked.
My car is 5-year-old (58 months exactly) and the battery is fine till now. Sometimes there is a few second delay in cranking, especially during winter.

I follow this simple practice. Before I park my car after a drive, I never switch off the engine immediately. I rev the engine for few minutes so that the battery is charged fully.

Done 5th-year (43k km) service today at MPL, OMR. Total Bill amount was 5400/-

Cost of major parts & consumables:
  • Engine Oil: 1088/-
  • Brake Pad: 1500/-
  • Oil Filter: 325/-
  • Labour Charges: 1450/-

Battery condition is 50% and SA told it will run for another 6 months.

Cold cranking voltage: 11.92v (Factory recommended value - 12.68v)
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2015, 22:00   #9900
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I follow this simple practice. Before I park my car after a drive, I never switch off the engine immediately. I rev the engine for few minutes so that the battery is charged fully.
Pardon me, but aren't you messing with your turbocharger? There is another thread on practising idling on turbo-charged cars that you should refer to.

To cut a long story short, you may be helping your battery, but damaging your turbo.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 863 15th August 2016 14:07
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:58.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks