Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2015, 22:06   #10021
BHPian
 
pranjal1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 147
Thanked: 44 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I agree Polo is sluggish in 1st and 2nd gears especially the petrol version. However the ride quality is superb especially over pot holed roads. However now I have to try the Figo as well since you say that it is roadworthy.
pranjal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 13:38   #10022
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

It depends at what speed you go over bad roads. Cars with soft suspension like Hyundais and Hondas take bad roads in a plush manner at low speeds, unlike cars like Figo that have a hard suspension.

But at highway speeds, the opposite happens.I'm not sure of the Polo, but some members have reported that they are not happy with the soft suspension of the Vento, especially at the rear.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 21:39   #10023
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 126
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It depends at what speed you go over bad roads. Cars with soft suspension like Hyundais and Hondas take bad roads in a plush manner at low speeds, unlike cars like Figo that have a hard suspension.
Totally agree, soft suspension setup works great over potholes at low speeds. Figo has a hard setup, it takes on corners with grace at speeds over 80. Sticks like a leech. Best ever handling hatch, ride quality though is slightly lower compared to the Polo I believe (drove a polo diesel).

You cant differentiate in the long run though.
Venkat_Figo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2015, 18:58   #10024
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,457
Thanked: 2,634 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Has anyone faced issue with fuel injectors for Figo?

Also, any idea about the cost of injector. My friends Figo had check engine light glowing, service centre is saying injector's has gone kaput and needs replacement. Price quoted is 16k.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2015, 11:22   #10025
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 695
Thanked: 321 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Has anyone faced issue with fuel injectors for Figo?

Also, any idea about the cost of injector. My friends Figo had check engine light glowing, service centre is saying injector's has gone kaput and needs replacement. Price quoted is 16k.
One of the fuel injectors on my car was replaced under warranty around 20000km. As per the billing it showed price was 24K, though I didnt have to bear the cost.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2015, 12:10   #10026
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,381
Thanked: 9,854 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Has anyone faced issue with fuel injectors for Figo?

Also, any idea about the cost of injector. My friends Figo had check engine light glowing, service centre is saying injector's has gone kaput and needs replacement. Price quoted is 16k.
Did the Ford ASC give your friend any DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code)?

Why not run a diagnostic scan yourself (if you have an OBD 2 dongle) and see what it throws up and later on decide the way forward.

Injectors are very costly and once it is changed there is a lot of work that goes into it to get it tuned and set for the car.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2015, 12:29   #10027
BHPian
 
shifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 308
Thanked: 240 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Has anyone faced issue with fuel injectors for Figo?

Also, any idea about the cost of injector. My friends Figo had check engine light glowing, service centre is saying injector's has gone kaput and needs replacement. Price quoted is 16k.
I have found several instances (on this forum and other forums) where the injectors had to be replaced for the Figo.

And as I understand, there are two tell-tale signs for this problem. One is the sound of the engine (the sound is louder than the regular sound, and has a 'kit-kit') and second is a drop in fuel efficiency. The ASC can clearly identify it by using the OBD tool they have.

Yes, it is pretty expensive. However, I remember it to be around 12k about 6-7 months back.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2015, 23:24   #10028
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 201 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Finally selling my Colorado red Dec 2010 Figo ZXi run 86000 Kms for 2.90 lakhs. Been a wonderful journey.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2015, 10:23   #10029
Senior - BHPian
 
recshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mangalore / Bangalore
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 78 Times
Question re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Finally selling my Colorado red Dec 2010 Figo ZXi run 86000 Kms for 2.90 lakhs. Been a wonderful journey.
If I remeber correctly you have a diesel figo. So resale value of 2.90 lakhs sounds tad lower for a ZXI. Even used car valuation sites suggest higher price. Going by "been a wonderful journey" I assume that your car was niggle free and you got just 2.90L for your figo ? What was the on road price you had paid in 2010?

By the way which is your next car ?

Last edited by recshenoy : 9th June 2015 at 10:24.
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2015, 16:34   #10030
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 201 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Yes @recshenoy, but it's been in the market for a long time and the best offer was this. Even the tires and battery are virtually new, <5000kms. I'd advertised it for ₹3.75 lakhs. Absolutely niggle free except for absence of 7 seats.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 12:06   #10031
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 525
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Guys, my Figo TDCi's mileage has been hovering around 15 kmpl for 3k kms. Earlier I could get 17/18. What could be the reason? This number is consistent in city as well as highway conditions. Are there any tuning options for diesel engine that workshop could do during the next service? The car has completed 59k on the odo.
shipnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 12:27   #10032
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 137
Thanked: 25 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

My figo Tdci is nearing 90K. So sent it for service to the ford workshop. I was informed that the engine is giving back compression and may seize anytime. The expense is about 80K+. This car has always gone to the authorised workshop for repairs and regular services. Infact, the same workshop everytime. I feel cheated that despite spending so much money on authorsed repaires and services, regular maintenance and single hand driven car, the engine fails at 90K. None of my other cars have had this issue earlier. Not even a ford Ikon.
shivmarwaha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 12:39   #10033
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,902
Thanked: 2,924 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
My figo Tdci is nearing 90K. So sent it for service to the ford workshop. I was informed that the engine is giving back compression and may seize anytime. The expense is about 80K+. This car has always gone to the authorised workshop for repairs and regular services. Infact, the same workshop everytime. I feel cheated that despite spending so much money on authorsed repaires and services, regular maintenance and single hand driven car, the engine fails at 90K. None of my other cars have had this issue earlier. Not even a ford Ikon.
Have they shown you evidence?

You should take it outside.
They must be charging you for an overhaul, and full-on replacement of anything that falls in the way.
I had back compression on my fiesta, and the piston rings were shot. While the head was opened, I also got the Pistons and the con rods changed, just because my mech suggested that they may cause some more problems later on.
With that, the cost came to about 30k odd, and a service as well.

Youre out of warranty, and not happy with ford A.s.c, why stick to them?
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 12:43   #10034
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 137
Thanked: 25 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Have they shown you evidence?


Youre out of warranty, and not happy with ford A.s.c, why stick to them?

That seems like a good idea and I may just do that. But if it happens at 90K, it only talks about the Quality of the product
shivmarwaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 13:34   #10035
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 42
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, my Figo TDCi's mileage has been hovering around 15 kmpl for 3k kms. Earlier I could get 17/18. What could be the reason? This number is consistent in city as well as highway conditions. Are there any tuning options for diesel engine that workshop could do during the next service? The car has completed 59k on the odo.
Shipnil, I am also facing similar drop in mileage on my Fiesta Classic, in case you are able to find out the reason and/or solution please share it across. I have been to service center but they are not interested in spending time on investigating this :(
y448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:56.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks