Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2015, 00:19   #10111
BHPian
 
mukundz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 38 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Guys, Had been to Metro Ford Quick Lane this morning for my 40K servicing and they appear to be having a crazy discount sale. Bought new seat covers for 3.3K(Usually 4.7-5k) and center console for 510 (Usually 2.5k+)

I guess they might have it for other accessories too.
mukundz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 12:00   #10112
BHPian
 
jayded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TVM, HYD
Posts: 509
Thanked: 301 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundz View Post
Guys, Had been to Metro Ford Quick Lane this morning for my 40K servicing and they appear to be having a crazy discount sale. Bought new seat covers for 3.3K(Usually 4.7-5k) and center console for 510 (Usually 2.5k+)

I guess they might have it for other accessories too.
By center console, do you mean the plastic console with bottle holders that covers the handbrake in Titanium version? If so 510 sounds crazy cheap. Any idea if that is a dealer specific offer or all over?
jayded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 12:30   #10113
BHPian
 
mukundz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 38 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
By center console, do you mean the plastic console with bottle holders that covers the handbrake in Titanium version? If so 510 sounds crazy cheap. Any idea if that is a dealer specific offer or all over?
Yep, the very same! Thought I'm not sure if its dealer specific. I haven't got it yet since they told they need to place the order for the part. But should be getting it sometime this week.
mukundz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 12:18   #10114
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 147
Thanked: 140 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hi guys

I'm thinking of getting reverse parking sensors for my Figo. I enquired at Fortune Ford and they quoted Rs. 3500 including installation charges. It has only audio indicator and no display. He also said that they don't do installation of sensors purchased from outside.

If anyone has installed the sensors from dealer, I would like some feedback on it. Is it better to buy from dealer or would you recommend some other brand? (Car is out of warranty)
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 12:42   #10115
BHPian
 
akshay380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Goa/Bangalore
Posts: 628
Thanked: 361 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hey guys, I plan to take the car to FASS and have them check for any replacements before warranty expires in November 2015. Any specific things I need to get changed? I feel AC is cooling somewhat less(Still much better compared to other cars )
akshay380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 16:48   #10116
BHPian
 
satan's_valet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: TN09/KA04
Posts: 286
Thanked: 140 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Off late, I can see the ABS warning light coming up when I perform a cold start in my car. The warning light and sound comes for a few seconds and disappears soon after. I have not faced any issues with braking as such and the ABS kicks in whenever necessary.

Is this a serious issue or can I postpone to check this on my next service interval (which is in another 2500 kms)?
satan's_valet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 17:13   #10117
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,038
Thanked: 1,039 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
By center console, do you mean the plastic console with bottle holders that covers the handbrake in Titanium version? If so 510 sounds crazy cheap. Any idea if that is a dealer specific offer or all over?
Is it an armrest you are referring to? The words 'center console' normally means the dash.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 17:56   #10118
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 126
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Hi guys

I'm thinking of getting reverse parking sensors for my Figo. I enquired at Fortune Ford and they quoted Rs. 3500 including installation charges. It has only audio indicator and no display. He also said that they don't do installation of sensors purchased from outside.

If anyone has installed the sensors from dealer, I would like some feedback on it. Is it better to buy from dealer or would you recommend some other brand? (Car is out of warranty)
3500 for reverse parking sensors is daylight robbery. Go for after market ones, had one installed on my brother's swift with display unit for just 800 bucks.

I have factory fitted parking sensors (got them installed at the time of buying as a free accessory) & have only audio feedback & they just cannot be worth 3500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Off late, I can see the ABS warning light coming up when I perform a cold start in my car. The warning light and sound comes for a few seconds and disappears soon after. I have not faced any issues with braking as such and the ABS kicks in whenever necessary.

Is this a serious issue or can I postpone to check this on my next service interval (which is in another 2500 kms)?
Just have your battery checked once, it could be the culprit, just my 2 cents.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 19:38   #10119
BHPian
 
jayded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TVM, HYD
Posts: 509
Thanked: 301 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Is it an armrest you are referring to? The words 'center console' normally means the dash.
Hi Venu sir,
Mukundz had mentioned center console, by which he meant the plastic panel that extends from behind the gear shifter and surrounding the handbrake in the Titanium version. In all other versions, this portion is bare and looks kind of ugly. We are not talking about an armrest here.
jayded is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 20:44   #10120
BHPian
 
methecupid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 301
Thanked: 587 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Off late, I can see the ABS warning light coming up when I perform a cold start in my car. The warning light and sound comes for a few seconds and disappears soon after. I have not faced any issues with braking as such and the ABS kicks in whenever necessary.

Is this a serious issue or can I postpone to check this on my next service interval (which is in another 2500 kms)?

It might be a faulty ABS sensor. It doesn't pose a real threat, since there are independent sensors on your wheels that'll trigger ABS functioning. Since you're saying your braking seems normal, there doesn't seem to be a ABS malfunction.

I had one sensor changed, and it wasn't a big deal. The A.S.S will plug in and find the fault. Change it in probably a couple of hours.
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015, 21:00   #10121
BHPian
 
rohing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BLR - CBE
Posts: 180
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
It might be a faulty ABS sensor. It doesn't pose a real threat, since there are independent sensors on your wheels that'll trigger ABS functioning. Since you're saying your braking seems normal, there doesn't seem to be a ABS malfunction.

I had one sensor changed, and it wasn't a big deal. The A.S.S will plug in and find the fault. Change it in probably a couple of hours.
If you are getting this only on a cold start and not after a long highway run, then this is likely a weak battery. Check your battery, likely that will fix this.
rohing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015, 23:12   #10122
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 147
Thanked: 140 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
3500 for reverse parking sensors is daylight robbery. Go for after market ones, had one installed on my brother's swift with display unit for just 800 bucks.

I have factory fitted parking sensors (got them installed at the time of buying as a free accessory) & have only audio feedback & they just cannot be worth 3500.
Thanks. I have seen sensors for 800 bucks online but I am not sure how reliable they are. Are they good enough ?
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 14:21   #10123
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 126
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Thanks. I have seen sensors for 800 bucks online but I am not sure how reliable they are. Are they good enough ?
I had them installed on the swift in 2011, they haven't shown any signs of going kaput yet.

You might want to go to Minister Road and enquire once, these days there isn't much difference in what they are quoting & what is available online. Moreover, you get to see the product in flesh before you pay for it.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 14:31   #10124
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 147
Thanked: 140 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
I had them installed on the swift in 2011, they haven't shown any signs of going kaput yet.

You might want to go to Minister Road and enquire once, these days there isn't much difference in what they are quoting & what is available online. Moreover, you get to see the product in flesh before you pay for it.
Thanks. Is the accuracy adequate for normal usage?
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 15:07   #10125
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 1,047
Thanked: 296 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

After having had the TDCI Titanium Figo for over 56 Months and 73 K, I finally sold off the Figo. I really enjoyed the suspension and the steeing set up of the car. It is a petty well engineered product but Ford Service lets is down. Both the Ford Dealers in Noida are only intent on fleecing the customer when he brings in the car for the service. Very limited availbility of the parts in the open market means very few independent garages/ mechanics work on the car. This puts the car owners at the mercy of the Ford Dealerships.

While Ford is working hard on its products like the Eco Sport, Aspire and soon to be launched new Figo will attract buyers, it is the losing the battle in terms of the ownership experience due to poor service.

I decided to retain my 7 and a half year old SX4 rather than a 4 and a half year old Figo as I have more confidence on Maruti service and the reliability of the car.

Last edited by rajneeesh : 16th September 2015 at 15:36.
rajneeesh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:38.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks