Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 14:12   #10141
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,347
Thanked: 8,038 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_BHP View Post
Hi ,

We have a new Ford Figo which got launched yesterday which amazing specs.
The car comes with a choice of powerful yet efficient petrol and diesel engines delivering 18.16 Km/L and 25.83 Km/L respectively. Its petrol and diesel engines are optimized to deliver 88 PS and 100 PS respectively with the PowerShift automatic transmission with a 1.5L TiVCT petrol engine delivering 112 PS.
The car also offers connectivity solutions like MyFord Dock and SYNC with Ford AppLink to keep drivers conveniently connected to their digital lives. It has a wheelbase of 2,491mm, offering improved legroom, knee room and shoulder-room and a ground-clearance of 174mm.
Looking forward for a comprehensive review here on TEAMBHP.
Here's the discussion thread, just in case you missed it - Next-gen Ford Figo (2015) unveiled! Details on page 6

Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 15:05   #10142
BHPian
 
Baddychat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Noida
Posts: 283
Thanked: 116 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
After having had the TDCI Titanium Figo for over 56 Months and 73 K, I finally sold off the Figo. I really enjoyed the suspension and the steeing set up of the car. It is a petty well engineered product but Ford Service lets is down. Both the Ford Dealers in Noida are only intent on fleecing the customer when he brings in the car for the service. Very limited availbility of the parts in the open market means very few independent garages/ mechanics work on the car. This puts the car owners at the mercy of the Ford Dealerships.
So which is the second dealer which you have been using. My car is due for 20k service next month. I normally visit Noida Ford and the couple of visits that I have made needed changes to the bill. They had charged me for things(consumables)/work they had not done.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 12:07   #10143
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 1,047
Thanked: 296 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
So which is the second dealer which you have been using. My car is due for 20k service next month. I normally visit Noida Ford and the couple of visits that I have made needed changes to the bill. They had charged me for things(consumables)/work they had not done.
Baddychat , In Noida I have used Noida Ford which is bad. My experience with Gautam Budh Ford ( Sector 2 ) was not good either.

I would suggest that you take your car to Harpreet Ford in Okhla phase 1. I had taken my vehicle to them once for some accident related repairs and their work was satisfactory.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 22:37   #10144
BHPian
 
StepUP!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 193
Thanked: 307 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

My Figo underwent 50k regular servicing. The bill amount was 4100 INR with engine oil, filter and sump gasket replacement along with wheel balancing and alignment. A minor leakage was observed from front left shock absorber but absolutely no issues yet with suspension. When I asked to replace it under extended warranty, SA told me it is replaceable under warranty but not extended warranty!
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2015, 13:39   #10145
BHPian
 
Blow Horn Ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bokaro
Posts: 530
Thanked: 279 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I own a 2010 1.4 TDCI figo from the initial batches and it has run 41000km till date and all the services have been carried pro actively. I have been noticing a hissing sound from the the serpentine belt area near the power steering pump since 2-3 months. It starts few seconds after starting up the engine and sometime it vanishes after the has warmed up or it continues to make hissing sound at a much lower level.

Today I inspected the belt; only to find that it has started shredding - cracking and has become rock hard. I located the shredded part and cut it, but the hissing sound continues.

I know the belt has to be replaced. But isn't it too early? Does it require simple belt replacement or any other part associated with it like idler pulley and tensioner (read it on somewhere in the forum)? I feel that apart from the belt there is a sound of a kaput bearing somewhere which is making the noise. The nearest FASS is 100 kms away. Could the car be driven till there? Also, does anyone have idea about the approximate cost of the belt and other related parts/service?

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-wp_20150927_11_38_26_pro.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-wp_20150927_11_38_42_pro.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-wp_20150927_11_38_58_pro.jpg

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 27th September 2015 at 13:52.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2015, 14:51   #10146
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 681 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I know the belt has to be replaced. But isn't it too early?
There is a reputation of this belt snapping at around 50k km mileage. So yes, change it. Should cost <2k. Since your mileage is less, dampener pulley can be changed later if any noise comes from that side.

You can drive it to the service, but do so in the early hours of the morning without use of AC as we all know the 'kicking' effect of the compressor.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2015, 16:40   #10147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 153
Thanked: 217 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

So my car's radiator fan stops working and engine overheating sign starts glowing all this when I am 30 KM away from my home .

I reach my destination after having driven for about 5 KM with the engine overheating sign on . My car had the same problem 1 month back. My regular garage's mechanic was on a vacation and so had taken to a roadside shop who diagnosed it as a blown fuse and replaced it after charging a whopping 600 bucks. This was the main cause near the battery .

This time I was away from my house, I called Ford roadside assistance. MPL Ford wanted to tow the car to their workshop instead of sending mechanics and replacing the fuse.

Called up my regular mechanic, who told me to drive the car without ac back to my home.

The fuses were again blown and the other mechanic had replaced the fuse with a lower capacity one. He mentioned that he would get the wiring checked if the fuses get blown again.
Ragavsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2015, 14:26   #10148
BHPian
 
nijelj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore-Ktym
Posts: 340
Thanked: 283 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
So my car's radiator fan stops working and engine overheating sign starts glowing ...Called up my regular mechanic, who told me to drive the car without ac back to my home.
There is a 'What to do if your car overheats' thread somewhere. There it was mentioned that , in such cases and you have to drive, If you have the heater option with A/C, use it with full blast so that some of the engines heat can be carried away. Leave the windows open though.
nijelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 14:05   #10149
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: roaming
Posts: 134
Thanked: 14 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Folks, need some help, for past couple of days the engine malfunction light in the dash has been glowing. Though no significant is in running, the light glows, stays on for some time (like an hour) and goes off automatically. I took the car to F.A.S.S but they could not deduct anything, hence could not give any clue.
2 days since, the light has started glowing again. Need some help what could this be...
Cheers,
RD
ridinthru' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 19:29   #10150
BHPian
 
Esu Junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calicut
Posts: 59
Thanked: 70 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

My figo (tdci) got timing belt replaced since manual suggests replacement after 5yrs/120000km.Total cost including replacement of pulley asy tension,pulley and adjustment came to 8200.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-new-doc_1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dscn4079.jpg  

Esu Junior is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 21:54   #10151
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,121
Thanked: 1,124 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks, need some help, for past couple of days the engine malfunction light in the dash has been glowing. Though no significant is in running, the light glows, stays on for some time (like an hour) and goes off automatically. I took the car to F.A.S.S but they could not deduct anything, hence could not give any clue.
2 days since, the light has started glowing again. Need some help what could this be...
Cheers,
RD
How old is your car? And how much has it run?

If the engine malfunction light is on, an error code has been recorded by the ECU. Your garage should be able to give you a download of it.
KiloAlpha is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 22:18   #10152
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 147
Thanked: 140 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks, need some help, for past couple of days the engine malfunction light in the dash has been glowing. Though no significant is in running, the light glows, stays on for some time (like an hour) and goes off automatically. I took the car to F.A.S.S but they could not deduct anything, hence could not give any clue.
2 days since, the light has started glowing again. Need some help what could this be...
Cheers,
RD
I had faced a similar issue. In my case, the light used to come on for just a few seconds before going off. F.A.S.S could not find any issue mechanically. The ECU showed error code related to relay.

They told me that relay might have to be replaced, but before that they wanted to try by just checking the wiring for any loose contacts and fixing it up. But the light kept coming on every few days. I had to make 3-4 visits but they seemed reluctant to replace the relay and kept trying to fix it without any replacement. Finally, they replaced the relay as the issue kept recurring. It's been 2 months and the light has not come on again so I hope it is resolved now.

Don't know if your car has the same issue though. Did they say anything about what error code is recorded in the ECU?

Last edited by JonSnow : 29th September 2015 at 22:20.
JonSnow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 22:23   #10153
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 1,047
Thanked: 296 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I own a 2010 1.4 TDCI figo from the initial batches and it has run 41000km till date and all the services have been carried pro actively. I have been noticing a hissing sound from the the serpentine belt area near the power steering pump since 2-3 months. It starts few seconds after starting up the engine and sometime it vanishes after the has warmed up or it continues to make hissing sound at a much lower level.

Today I inspected the belt; only to find that it has started shredding - cracking and has become rock hard. I located the shredded part and cut it, but the hissing sound continues.

I know the belt has to be replaced. But isn't it too early? Does it require simple belt replacement or any other part associated with it like idler pulley and tensioner (read it on somewhere in the forum)? I feel that apart from the belt there is a sound of a kaput bearing somewhere which is making the noise. The nearest FASS is 100 kms away. Could the car be driven till there? Also, does anyone have idea about the approximate cost of the belt and other related parts/service?

Get the belt replaced ASAP. It may otherwise snap and in this case the repairs are a lot more expensive as they will also replace a bearing, and change the oil. The snapped belt may tangle with something and cause further damage. It had happened in my Figo and it cost me approx 9 K to get it fixed. Noida Ford did a shoddy job of the replacement and the belt snapped again in less than 5 K km and this time pulled an engine sensor out. Got it fixed at an independent garage at a cost of Rs 3200. Finally apprehensive of high maintenance costs and reduced reliability, I sold the car off last month . It was 4 years 8 months old with 73 K on the odo.

Last edited by ampere : 30th September 2015 at 00:40. Reason: Fixed Quotes
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 11:16   #10154
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: roaming
Posts: 134
Thanked: 14 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
How old is your car? And how much has it run?

If the engine malfunction light is on, an error code has been recorded by the ECU. Your garage should be able to give you a download of it.
Dear KA..
My car is March 2011, Figo D and has run 70K...
I took it to the F.A.S.S last week and even they could not detect any error code with the OBD...
ridinthru' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 11:23   #10155
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: roaming
Posts: 134
Thanked: 14 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
I had faced a similar issue. In my case, the light used to come on for just a few seconds before going off. F.A.S.S could not find any issue mechanically. The ECU showed error code related to relay.

They told me that relay might have to be replaced, but before that they wanted to try by just checking the wiring for any loose contacts and fixing it up. But the light kept coming on every few days. I had to make 3-4 visits but they seemed reluctant to replace the relay and kept trying to fix it without any replacement. Finally, they replaced the relay as the issue kept recurring. It's been 2 months and the light has not come on again so I hope it is resolved now.

Don't know if your car has the same issue though. Did they say anything about what error code is recorded in the ECU?
Dear JS..
When I took it to the F.A.S.S, the warning light was not glowing. They connected with OBD, but even they couldn't find any error code...
Or so they say.... I'm honestly confused, should I visit another F.A.S.S, keeping in mind that for every visit to any F.A.S.S, to check errors with the OBD, they charge 580 bucks !
ridinthru' is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 863 15th August 2016 14:07
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:10.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks