Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th September 2015, 11:55   #10156
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Dear KA..
My car is March 2011, Figo D and has run 70K...
I took it to the F.A.S.S last week and even they could not detect any error code with the OBD...
If you are still running on your factory fitted battery, then I would suggest you try the local battery shop to check the health of your battery. A failing battery sometimes causes the ECU to record lower than expected voltages from sensor input, causing the CEL to come on. However, there will be no issue with the running of the car, and it does not go into limp mode as one would expect. This happened in my Figo (May 2010, 55K). Battery replacement and ECU reset solved this problem.
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 11:56   #10157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Dear JS..
When I took it to the F.A.S.S, the warning light was not glowing. They connected with OBD, but even they couldn't find any error code...
Or so they say.... I'm honestly confused, should I visit another F.A.S.S, keeping in mind that for every visit to any F.A.S.S, to check errors with the OBD, they charge 580 bucks !
Wow, 580 bucks just for checking error code? On my first visit, they had upgraded the ECU firmware for which they had charged me ( I don't remember the amount exactly but I think it was less than 300). On subsequent visits, I was not charged anything for checking the error codes and the wiring and I also got a free car wash. Only in the end when they replaced the relay, I was charged for the part.
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 13:59   #10158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
So my car's radiator fan stops working and engine overheating sign starts glowing all this when I am 30 KM away from my home .

I reach my destination after having driven for about 5 KM with the engine overheating sign on . My car had the same problem 1 month back. My regular garage's mechanic was on a vacation and so had taken to a roadside shop who diagnosed it as a blown fuse and replaced it after charging a whopping 600 bucks. This was the main cause near the battery .
I faced a similar issue on my 2013 Figo around a year back. The radiator fan would work at regular intervals (I could hear the sound of the fan turning on) and then get cut almost immediately. The fan would work only when the A/C was on. I then happened to drive couple of days later for around 20km without the A/C and the temperature warning light came on as I reached my destination.

On calling the Ford service center, they picked up the car. They said it was an issue with the sensor which they got replaced under warranty. The problem was sorted after that and I haven't faced any issue since then.
arif_ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 20:07   #10159
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
If you are still running on your factory fitted battery, then I would suggest you try the local battery shop to check the health of your battery. A failing battery sometimes causes the ECU to record lower than expected voltages from sensor input, causing the CEL to come on. However, there will be no issue with the running of the car, and it does not go into limp mode as one would expect. This happened in my Figo (May 2010, 55K). Battery replacement and ECU reset solved this problem.
Yes Sir, I guess you've got it right.... I'm still running on the factory fitted battery(4.5 years and 70K done), and of late the battery has been giving starting problems, especially the morning cold starts needs a bit of cranking.
But, my question is shouldn't the F.A.S.S be able to catch this in the OBD check..?
Anyways, I've planned to get a new battery within the week now, will change and check if the problem persists... Thanks again
ridinthru' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2015, 11:52   #10160
BHPian

Question Issues post servicing

I drive a 2011 Figo TDCi Titanium which is run ~58K km. Last month, I gave it for an early 60K servicing. This was the usual Happy Pocket service with only routine fluid changes (no extra work carried out).

Now to the issues. I quickly realized that there are two issues; mileage has gone down and engine is sounding a little gruff upon acceleration. The DTE which earlier showed more than 650km for a full tank in city-driving conditions now barely touches 600km. Also the DTE figure and the drops in fuel indicator needle along the course do not match up as earlier. Everything else about the car (the driver, the roads/traffic, commute timings etc) is exactly the same.

I checked for any error codes logged in ECM using the ELM327 OBDII dongle and Torque app. There are none.

What could be the issue here? EGR-valve? Exhaust leak? 57K km is too low for this drop due to normal wear-n-tear.

Can anyone please suggest a knowledgeable FNG in Pune getting the car thoroughly checked?

TIA
RishikeshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2015, 15:18   #10161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I

Now to the issues. I quickly realized that there are two issues; mileage has gone down and engine is sounding a little gruff upon acceleration. The DTE which earlier showed more than 650km for a full tank in city-driving conditions now barely touches 600km. Also the DTE figure and the drops in fuel indicator needle along the course do not match up as earlier. Everything else about the car (the driver, the roads/traffic, commute timings etc) is exactly the same.

I checked for any error codes logged in ECM using the ELM327 OBDII dongle and Torque app. There are none.

What could be the issue here? EGR-valve? Exhaust leak? 57K km is too low for this drop due to normal wear-n-tear.

Can anyone please suggest a knowledgeable FNG in Pune getting the car thoroughly checked?

TIA
I also faced similar issue, but was not able to get any solutions for this. Went to the service center but they just checked got error codes and since nothing was there the did not do anything :(

Please let me also know if you are able to find out the cause or solution to this issue.
y448 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 04:48   #10162
BHPian

Quote:
I drive a 2011 Figo TDCi Titanium which is run ~58K km. Last month, I gave it for an early 60K servicing. This was the usual Happy Pocket service with only routine fluid changes (no extra work carried out).

TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
I also faced similar issue, but was not able to get any solutions for this. Went to the service center but they just checked got error codes and since nothing was there the did not do anything :(

Please let me also know if you are able to find out the cause or solution to this issue.
I am currently facing the exact same issue after my 30K 3rd service. The city avg dropped from 13-14kmpl to 10-11kmpl. First time when I went to Elite Ford for checkup they confirmed that the EGR error code had popped up and it went away after they cleaned the EGR. But after that despite no error codes coming back the avg has not improved. Elite ford suggested doing a avg check with me by driving around the city for 70-80kms and doing a top up to top up mileage check. Basically they had no clue. Did not go back to them again. Planning on going to Metro ford once to get ti checked. If they dont resolve then will give the car to my trusted FNG. The car is still in warranty hence trying with Ford dealers first before going to my FNG.

Last edited by supertinu : 9th October 2015 at 04:49.
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 06:01   #10163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do see if the brakes are getting released fully or not. Also have look if any wheel bearing is damaged and not letting the wheels rotate freely.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 13:28   #10164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post

Have both of you checked tyre pressures after getting it from service. Those service station guys have the habit of checking the tyre pressure after going on a test drive of your car when they sign the completion form of all the work is done on the car. The tyres have heated up because of the test drive and they fill in the cold tyre pressure thus under inflating it.

Please get this checked too.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 22:02   #10165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Have both of you checked tyre pressures after getting it from service. Those service station guys have the habit of checking the tyre pressure after going on a test drive of your car when they sign the completion form of all the work is done on the car. The tyres have heated up because of the test drive and they fill in the cold tyre pressure thus under inflating it.

Please get this checked too.
In my case tyre pressure is not the issue, I check it every week. Also this problem started a few months back and I almost gave up on this.
y448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 12:15   #10166
Senior - BHPian

Figo owers, I have a few questions for you please.

I gave my car for 40 K service today with the odo at 39200. I also asked them to inspect the car thoroughly as the warranty expires this week (I do not feel like paying 15 K for 4th year warranty).

They estimated around 6300 for regular service that also involves AC filter and air filter change. I believe these are changed every 20 K kms.

Apart from that, they reported the following issues, though they felt they can be attended to in the next service at 50 K on the odo:
  1. Battery weak! I am surprised because the stock battery is a week less than 3 years old. In my Fiesta, it lasted 5 years 3 months. However, they said it could be changed after a few months. I asked them to find out if the battery is covered under EW, in which case I think it is better to change it now. What do you guys feel?
  2. Left rear wheel bearing seems to be making noise. I did not however get any noise on my high-speed 570 km drive two days back. I told them to ignore it for the time being as it is not covered under warranty. Incidentally, the same bearing was changed when the car was 6 months old!
  3. Engine seems to be making some noise and they suggested changing the drive belt and 2 pulley belts (tensioner and idler) in the next service. As far as I know, these are changed at 60 K service, and not before. Any inputs? I know that together they'll cost around 14 K.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 16:46   #10167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Figo owers, I have a few questions for you please.
  1. Battery weak! I am surprised because the stock battery is a week less than 3 years old. In my Fiesta, it lasted 5 years 3 months. However, they said it could be changed after a few months. I asked them to find out if the battery is covered under EW, in which case I think it is better to change it now. What do you guys feel?
  2. Left rear wheel bearing seems to be making noise. I did not however get any noise on my high-speed 570 km drive two days back. I told them to ignore it for the time being as it is not covered under warranty. Incidentally, the same bearing was changed when the car was 6 months old!
  3. Engine seems to be making some noise and they suggested changing the drive belt and 2 pulley belts (tensioner and idler) in the next service. As far as I know, these are changed at 60 K service, and not before. Any inputs? I know that together they'll cost around 14 K.
1. My battery lasted 5 years and about 40K kms.
2. I too have a rear wheel bearing noise - my SA also advised me that I could live with it for another 10-15K kms
3. I had a weird squealing noise, and the accessories belt (which drives PS pump, alternator, etc) was replaced at 50K service. Problem solved. Or, are they asking you to replace the timing belt? Either case, please do so ASAP.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 22:26   #10168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
1. My battery lasted 5 years and about 40K kms.
2. I too have a rear wheel bearing noise - my SA also advised me that I could live with it for another 10-15K kms
3. I had a weird squealing noise, and the accessories belt (which drives PS pump, alternator, etc) was replaced at 50K service. Problem solved. Or, are they asking you to replace the timing belt? Either case, please do so ASAP.
Thanks for your inputs. Very much appreciated!

Here's my update:

The battery showed ok voltage, but showed 2 cells weak. I did have to crank twice this morning, despite my 570 kms drive a couple of days back.
Ford charges 6200 for a new Motorcraft battery that has a 3-year warranty, and around 5200 for one that has a 2-year warranty. I was told that since my EW is still in force for a few days, I'd have to pay 70 % of the cost, but of the lower variety (as the stock car comes with the lower variety). But there would be no warranty on the new battery, nor would the discount of Rs 500 be given for the old battery. I decided not to change it for the moment. I do know that Amaron charges around 4400 for a battery in exchange for the old one, and that too, with a 4-year warranty.

The service cost was Rs 6300, which included change of AC and Air filters, and also brake oil.

But when I probed into the pulley/ belts issue, I was told that the drive belt and pulley that cost around 6000 would be covered under EW, but not the idler/ tensioner pulley that costs around 7 k. And there would be no labour costs if I changed now. So I took a plunge and changed both. Paid totally 13320 and came back home happy. I was told that the timing belt would ultimately get affected if I'd not changed these parts, or delayed till the next service.

I was also advised to change the gear box mounting that costs around 5 K in the next service, as there were some cuts on the rubber. But no harm if I delayed, except some creaking sounds over potholes. I am anyway not getting any creaks so far. I've also decided not to change the wheel bearing till the next service, as there is no sound at all from it.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 22:46   #10169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
... I do know that Amaron charges around 4400 for a battery in exchange for the old one, and that too, with a 4-year warranty.
Great update. Btw, I replaced my Figo's battery couple of months back with Amaron FLO for Rs 3800.
shifu is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 15:31   #10170
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from my ownership thread for members info (post 67);

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...o-1-2-a-5.html

Last edited by tharian : 13th October 2015 at 15:32.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote