Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 06:52   #10336
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 113
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

I also have the same car which has done about 30000 km and reported tyre wear earlier this year. Since tyre swapping could be done in pairs I got rid of the worst tyre and bought a similar specification falcon and am using it with a new Goodyear which was safely in the boot since 2012. The grip is pretty good now but since other two tyres are more or less worn out and I plan to change them after monsoons for new boots. Not sure if many people have driven the old figo diesel but it's a hoot to drive and rides really better and better as speeds builds up.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 12:06   #10337
Newbie
 
ram1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
it's a hoot to drive and rides really better and better as speeds builds up.
Absolutely. Having driven it so long I got used to this ride and steering feel and realized how good this car only after test driving the other new hatchbacks when I had plans to sell it due to other state registration woes.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th June 2016 at 14:22. Reason: Typo
ram1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 17th June 2016, 12:25   #10338
BHPian
 
akshay380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Goa/Bangalore
Posts: 628
Thanked: 361 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
My car has done 42k (5th year running)
Can you post a pic of this bush which needs to be checked? TIA
akshay380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2016, 18:34   #10339
BHPian
 
pratyush6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: RNC - BLR
Posts: 428
Thanked: 460 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hey Guys, I have a problem - my rear seat just refuses to be folded. I don't have a problem with the back rest but the base. I have followed the instructions here and in the manual. I have given it a mighty yank as well. It just does not fold.

Mine is a 2nd Gen model with factory fitted car seat covers.I am not sure if that could be a problem.. Request you to please make a video of it - if possible.

Pratyush
pratyush6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 05:54   #10340
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/ Trichy
Posts: 316
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Hey Guys, I have a problem - my rear seat just refuses to be folded. I don't have a problem with the back rest but the base. I have followed the instructions here and in the manual. I have given it a mighty yank as well. It just does not fold.

Mine is a 2nd Gen model with factory fitted car seat covers.I am not sure if that could be a problem.. Request you to please make a video of it - if possible.

Pratyush
The seat comes off to the front and occupies the leg space. Then the backrest folds and firms a flat surface.
sunsetorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 13:20   #10341
BHPian
 
pratyush6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: RNC - BLR
Posts: 428
Thanked: 460 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
The seat comes off to the front and occupies the leg space. Then the backrest folds and firms a flat surface.
I know how it's supposed to work - it just isn't working that way. My fingers have literally gone numb after yesterday's effort

Pretty sure I am missing something or there is a problem with the seat itself.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 13:36   #10342
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hey ram1980,

Go for Michelin XM2. These are extremely good, low noise & low rolling resistance. I have been using them on my Figo D for last 8 odd months & the experience has been good. Grip levels are also good. I had also decided to stick to the stock tyre size. I think it's better to go with all 4 new ones.
iamsai_iyer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 17:51   #10343
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 1,909 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post

Pretty sure I am missing something or there is a problem with the seat itself.
Check the hinges in the front just below the seat base. It may be stuck and not swiveling. There is no other latches for the seat base.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 11:46   #10344
BHPian
 
pratyush6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: RNC - BLR
Posts: 428
Thanked: 460 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Check the hinges in the front just below the seat base. It may be stuck and not swiveling. There is no other latches for the seat base.
Any pictorial representation for this? I did think about this and gave it a shot but that hinge does not move.
I would seriously feel stupid to take the car to a SC for this :(

Last edited by pratyush6 : 20th June 2016 at 11:48.
pratyush6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 12:03   #10345
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 1,909 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Any pictorial representation for this? I did think about this and gave it a shot but that hinge does not move.
I would seriously feel stupid to take the car to a SC for this :(
Try spraying a bit WD40 or few drops of oil. Don't try yanking it with too much force since that hinge is of low quality and bends easily.

There is no locking mechanism as far as I know, so it should lift when you try normally.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20160620_115314.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20160620_115349.jpg  

tharian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 14:17   #10346
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 1,909 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Has any one experienced the power steering fluid leaking on the Figo?

My car was not being used much since two weeks and I took it out yesterday and after parking it back home for couple of hours, I noticed a puddle just behind the front right corner. At first it looked like just water when I touched it and left it at that.
This morning when I checked, that puddle was still there, but it was not water since it had not dried up and behind that there was a small oil puddle.

Went below and noticed the power steering fluid leaking from a rubber connector.

Does this happen over time due to wear and tear ?

I have booked a slot to replace the pipe at the A.S.S

I had changed my tyres to 195 which is 2 size up from stock which may be the reason.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20160620_111010.jpg  

tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 14:41   #10347
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,124
Thanked: 1,135 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Has any one experienced the power steering fluid leaking on the Figo?

My car was not being used much since two weeks and I took it out yesterday and after parking it back home for couple of hours, I noticed a puddle just behind the front right corner. At first it looked like just water when I touched it and left it at that.
This morning when I checked, that puddle was still there, but it was not water since it had not dried up and behind that there was a small oil puddle.

Went below and noticed the power steering fluid leaking from a rubber connector.

Does this happen over time due to wear and tear ?

I have booked a slot to replace the pipe at the A.S.S

I had changed my tyres to 195 which is 2 size up from stock which may be the reason.
Happened to me, but in my case it was not wear of the rubber connector but an underbody hit the car took. In my case also, I was out of town for 3 weeks, and when I came back I saw a puddle and an empty PS fluid reservoir. Went to a local spares shop, bought fluid, topped up and drove happily for a week. A.S.S. will replace the entire pipe.

No, the cause is not upsized tyres or any such thing. I guess the positioning of the rubber connectors themselves is not such a good idea?
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2016, 09:55   #10348
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 1,909 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Happened to me, but in my case it was not wear of the rubber connector but an underbody hit the car took. In my case also, I was out of town for 3 weeks, and when I came back I saw a puddle and an empty PS fluid reservoir. Went to a local spares shop, bought fluid, topped up and drove happily for a week. A.S.S. will replace the entire pipe.

No, the cause is not upsized tyres or any such thing. I guess the positioning of the rubber connectors themselves is not such a good idea?
Surprisingly the leak has almost stopped. Just a drop or two I noticed yesterday. Hardly a level change in the fluid can. The car was used as well yesterday.
Decided to wait and watch and include the replacement in the annual service in few months.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2016, 10:36   #10349
BHPian
 
StepUP!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 193
Thanked: 308 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hello!
My Figo TDCi has completed 60K. I did servicing at Sai Sakshi Ford, Wakad.
Total bill was around 9k which included replacement of all filters, oil, kaput wiper motor etc.

Can someone share whereabouts of a FNG shop in Pune where I can service her henceforth? Experience in servicing Ford cars is preferred.
StepUP! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2016, 11:20   #10350
BHPian
 
pratyush6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: RNC - BLR
Posts: 428
Thanked: 460 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Try spraying a bit WD40 or few drops of oil. Don't try yanking it with too much force since that hinge is of low quality and bends easily.

There is no locking mechanism as far as I know, so it should lift when you try normally.
Hallelujah! This works!
Never thought it would eventually be so easy. I put some drops of oil on the hinges and used my palms to loosen it - and voila the seat did come out Was able to pry out the dirt and one of my missing seat belt buckles!

Many thanks again.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:49.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks