Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2016, 15:56   #10351
BHPian
 
r_devakumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 220
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Need some details about MPL service in Chennai (Pallikaranai / OMR).

My Figo completed 5 years and nearing 60K in ODO. The last service was done April 2015. Last one year usage is very low (just 3K KMs) and I want to do the next service.

When I called MPL, the service slots is not available for next two weeks and in fact I got a kind of message that the internal situation is still not good and they are not taking much booking.

If any of you done service in MPL recently, please let me know how the company situation is now. Is it better to look for some other service center, if so, please suggest me one (My house is at Tambaram). For the last 5 years I have used only MPL OMR and Pallikaranai, and my experience with them was good. But considering their company situation, I am thinking about checking other options.
r_devakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 19:47   #10352
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 153
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Need some details about MPL service in Chennai (Pallikaranai / OMR).

My Figo completed 5 years and nearing 60K in ODO. The last service was done April 2015. Last one year usage is very low (just 3K KMs) and I want to do the next service.

When I called MPL, the service slots is not available for next two weeks and in fact I got a kind of message that the internal situation is still not good and they are not taking much booking.

If any of you done service in MPL recently, please let me know how the company situation is now. Is it better to look for some other service center, if so, please suggest me one (My house is at Tambaram). For the last 5 years I have used only MPL OMR and Pallikaranai, and my experience with them was good. But considering their company situation, I am thinking about checking other options.
MPL is in the process of being sold . They refused to take the vehicle for servicing when my uncle who lives in Madipakkam went to the Pallikaranai branch.

The other options are Chennai Ford at Arumbakkam and Poonamallee and newly opened Hans Ford at Iyyapanthangal near Porur.

All of them would however be faraway from your place.

I service my Figo at a neighbourhood machanic after procuring the parts from Ford spares outlet at Greams Road.

My house is at Porur and I pass through Hans Ford at times . Its quite big both the sales and service area.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 12:14   #10353
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 1,909 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Has any one experienced the power steering fluid leaking on the Figo?

My car was not being used much since two weeks and I took it out yesterday and after parking it back home for couple of hours, I noticed a puddle just behind the front right corner. At first it looked like just water when I touched it and left it at that.
This morning when I checked, that puddle was still there, but it was not water since it had not dried up and behind that there was a small oil puddle.

Went below and noticed the power steering fluid leaking from a rubber connector.

Does this happen over time due to wear and tear ?

I have booked a slot to replace the pipe at the A.S.S

I had changed my tyres to 195 which is 2 size up from stock which may be the reason.
The pipe was replaced today at the quick service Bay. Took couple of hours. Total bill - 3750,part cost - 2100, power steering fluid - 550
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 17:10   #10354
BHPian
 
rambo1o1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Goa
Posts: 351
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The pipe was replaced today at the quick service Bay. Took couple of hours. Total bill - 3750,part cost - 2100, power steering fluid - 550
I have the same issue but its only a small leak, like residue of power steering oil on the pipe. Car is 5.5 years old, 48k km.
Issue was discovered during the last service and was told to replace it soon but no immediate danger, been almost 8 months now and no further drop in oil level, will get the hose replaced during the upcoming service.

In my complete 5.5 years of ownership, this will be the major part to be replaced. Till now have replaced a 600 rs gear bush and headlight stalk for 2k rs.Hopefully our petrol figo continues its trouble free ownership for a couple more years before a genuine replacement can be found.
rambo1o1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 17:47   #10355
BHPian
 
r_devakumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 220
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
MPL is in the process of being sold . They refused to take the vehicle for servicing when my uncle who lives in Madipakkam went to the Pallikaranai branch.

The other options are Chennai Ford at Arumbakkam and Poonamallee and newly opened Hans Ford at Iyyapanthangal near Porur.

All of them would however be faraway from your place.

I service my Figo at a neighbourhood machanic after procuring the parts from Ford spares outlet at Greams Road.

My house is at Porur and I pass through Hans Ford at times . Its quite big both the sales and service area.
Thanks for the details. Have booked appointment with Chennai Ford Arumbakkam for next week. It is sad to see MPL ford is not doing well. Got a very good service from them for the last 5 years.
r_devakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 19:29   #10356
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 1,909 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I have the same issue but its only a small leak, like residue of power steering oil on the pipe. Car is 5.5 years old, 48k km.
Issue was discovered during the last service and was told to replace it soon but no immediate danger, been almost 8 months now and no further drop in oil level, will get the hose replaced during the upcoming service.

In my complete 5.5 years of ownership, this will be the major part to be replaced. Till now have replaced a 600 rs gear bush and headlight stalk for 2k rs.Hopefully our petrol figo continues its trouble free ownership for a couple more years before a genuine replacement can be found.
Same case with my car as well. I replaced it before the annual service since I have long trip coming up and didn't want to take a risk. If fluid hasn't decreased, it's not an immediate replacement.

The only other replacement for me was the alternator belt due to rat trouble.
Gear bush is something I'm expecting to fail sometime in the future.
Petrol Figo is low on maintenence thankfully.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016, 19:43   #10357
BHPian
 
r_devakumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 220
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I am giving my 2011 Figo which as around 58K in ODO for service next week. Please let me know if i any critical part need check / replacement in this service. I remember the SA mentioned about timing belt during 50K service, but he said it can be changed in next service. What would be the approximate mate cost of this service?
r_devakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2016, 12:28   #10358
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,342
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I remember the SA mentioned about timing belt during 50K service, but he said it can be changed in next service. What would be the approximate mate cost of this service?
Yes. Need to change the timing belt set. I think these are the spares which will get replaced (please check with SA). In addition to this, regular service charges will be added.
VBELT- RPP --------------- 754
KIT TENSION PULLEY ---- 1766
PULLEY ASY TENSION --- 2708
BELT TIMING - RPP ------ 1296
PULLEY ASY TENSION --- 2708
PULY AND ADJUSTMT AR --1706
DAMPER -------------------- 5093
Total ------------------------16031


Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Can you post a pic of this bush which needs to be checked? TIA
I think you are referring to the gear cable bush. It is just like a finger ring and can be located inside the black box at the left bottom (black box is easily visible if you look from the bottom). Posting a photo of the cable for your reference.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by RGK : 4th July 2016 at 12:48.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2016, 15:05   #10359
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 26
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hi Friends,

Update on my ~4 year, 70K old Figo TDCI:

1. In April, I gave the vehicle to FASS for replacing the hatch door due to a major dent. They took almost 2 weeks and on the delivery day, screwed up my battery during washing. It was revived by jump starting and was running OK. But after couple of weeks, there was a slight delay in starting and the ABS indicator was staying on for couple of seconds, which never happened before. Thought it would be better to replace the battery with some juice still left, instead of stranding somewhere. Went ahead in Mid-June and replaced the battery with Amaron Flo. So the Original battery lasted only ~44 months.

2. In the last week of June, I gave the car for 70K service. Had done only Oil & Oil filter replaced.

But....the bitter part is that the service advisor told & shown me that, the engine timing belt, the engine C-Mount, and the tie-rods are for replacement during 80K service. He pegged the bill at ~Rs.25K

Did any of you had to replace the Engine C-mount & Tie rods so soon?
G V Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2016, 09:29   #10360
BHPian
 
r_devakumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 220
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Yes. Need to change the timing belt set. I think these are the spares which will get replaced (please check with SA). In addition to this, regular service charges will be added.
VBELT- RPP --------------- 754
KIT TENSION PULLEY ---- 1766
PULLEY ASY TENSION --- 2708
BELT TIMING - RPP ------ 1296
PULLEY ASY TENSION --- 2708
PULY AND ADJUSTMT AR --1706
DAMPER -------------------- 5093
Total ------------------------16031
Thanks for the details, really helpful. Will update with my actual details once the service is done next week. So far my annual service cost for Figo is around 5K (which was less than the Wagon R I previously had). This may be the first time I would be paying a higher amount for service.
r_devakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 13:03   #10361
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,038
Thanked: 1,039 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Folks

I gave my Figo for its 50 K service today. The SA called me just now and said the gear box mounting bush and AC filter need replacement. Per him, there are vibrations on account of the gear box mounting bush, but frankly I''ve not felt any, nor has my son.

As the part costs Rs 5800, I've asked them to defer it till the next service. I have a feeling that they were trying to milk me for an unknown issue. During my 40 K service, I'd got the tensioner and idler pulley's changed with their belts. One was covered under EW that was valid till that week, and I had to pay around 7 K for the other. I remember that at that point of time the SA had said that the gear box mounting bush might need a change during 50 K service.

I need inputs from you guys on this point.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 13:46   #10362
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 153
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Thanks for the details, really helpful. Will update with my actual details once the service is done next week. So far my annual service cost for Figo is around 5K (which was less than the Wagon R I previously had). This may be the first time I would be paying a higher amount for service.
Changing the entire pulley assembly and set seems like a scam the service centers are indulging in .

My car had a breakdown as the V belt snapped at 58K Kms . I just changed the V belt for around 1000 bucks and the car has been running good for over 5000 KM s .

If I were to service the car at Ford dealers , I would be shocked at the service bills . The overall unfriendly attitude and rip off made me stay away from Ford dealerships.

My radiator fan once conked off and its a known issue in the Figo. Ford Service wanted to tow the vehicle and bill thousands as towing charges just to change a 100 rupee fuse.

With Ford cars , basic servicing costs are low but wear and tear parts cost of bomb mainly because of unnecessary parts replacement. My next car will surely not be a Ford.

I have another query. There is a Kat Kat sound from the steering when driving through hair pin bends in the mountains. Should I be preparing for another shock?

The timing belt before snapping gave a mild noise for a few days . I should have taken it more seriously.This was the second breakdown. The first breakdown was battery related . Good thing is that the car gives warning signs of a problem and you need to take them seriously.

There is also huge amount of rust on all 4 doors where the doors meet the A and B pillar. 8 spots in total and one door even has developed a hole. Temporarily fixed them with M seal as I am not ready to shell out 20 k to tinker and repaint them.

The Santro I had before had stellar reliability. No breakdowns ever and the car was 11 years old when we sold it.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 6th July 2016 at 13:49.
Ragavsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 15:15   #10363
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 525
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post

I have another query. There is a Kat Kat sound from the steering when driving through hair pin bends in the mountains. Should I be preparing for another shock?
Not specific to Ford, but the kat kat sound on sharp turns comes because of loss of grease from steering shafts. The rubber housing that carries the grease would have cracked. To fix it, you have to replace the shaft of the side where you hear the sound.
shipnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 15:25   #10364
BHPian
 
petrolhead_chn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hmmm
Posts: 173
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Thanks for the details. Have booked appointment with Chennai Ford Arumbakkam for next week. It is sad to see MPL ford is not doing well. Got a very good service from them for the last 5 years.
MPL is going to be taken over by TVS after which after the service standards are expected to heighten up, at least till the internal transition excitement lasts
petrolhead_chn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 17:29   #10365
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 405
Thanked: 15 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

How many on this forum had the gear bush issue ? , I had the issue at ~86K ...it was stuck in 2nd gear and I was at bellandur flyover... it was a nightmare to get to safety.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:05.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks