Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2011, 17:36   #5491
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

No response from VP (Sales) yet.

However, is anybody even willing to go the extra mile & do something, or was it just noise? Or maybe, the engine stalling & those other critical issues have been resolved for good.

Will keep the thread posted as & when I hear anything from Ford.

Drive safe all.
Old 21st October 2011, 18:47   #5492
BHPian

Please advise if there is any waiting period for Figo Titanium diesel model. Also, any discounts/offers going on?
Old 22nd October 2011, 03:05   #5493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Since we discussed about the Nitrogen, here is the link to the thread for reference - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...trogen-51.html

The takeaway from that thread as anilisanil said is it's ok to fill air for our normal driving conditions. Just need to ensure that the air we fill is DRY enough (Not that we can check the moisture content but see that you are not filling up air where the pump is near the washing station etc.), not that it matters much but still a takeaway from that thread!

I guess I am going to stick to normal (DRY!) air
You mean you are sticking to DRY 78% nitrogen rather than paying up for 85-90% nitrogen
Old 22nd October 2011, 11:04   #5494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post

@Devakumar - Yes MPL- OMR is really good and they normally do not charge for any small fixes. They are constructing another SC near Kamakshi Hospital with all facilities. This would bring down the present load now.
That is good news. Considering the small facility in OMR and the current lead time of appointment is approximately 1 week, a new facility will be a must for them to service better.
Old 22nd October 2011, 11:06   #5495
BHPian

I had to drive some long distances over the past week & Tankful DTE figures varied
After 1 week of Kochi city driving when i filled up it was 541!
Then drove to Trivandrum on Sunday & next refuel showed 777,
Another drive to Calicut 2 days back very sedately & yesterday nights refuel showed 841!

I think DTE is not real time calculation & it is just showing the previous FE figures.

Which is the highest DTE figures achieved by members? For me 841 is the highest.

@ figo_mba
Motul guy called me & told that 5W30 is not available in Kerala & they can bring it if we order it. But he tried lamely into convincing me that 5W30 & 5W40 are "same" & only the "viscosity" is different ! The reason is obvious (they have 5W40 in stock.)

He has promised to call back in 2 weeks with price & name of dealer from whom i can buy it.
Old 22nd October 2011, 11:20   #5496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post

I think DTE is not real time calculation & it is just showing the previous FE figures.

Which is the highest DTE figures achieved by members? For me 841 is the highest.
Hi Skyline, as per Ford, DTE is calculated based on the last 500 KM. So if you drive more in Highway and then fill the tank, you will get higher DTE number. Please check the link below which gives some details about DTE.

Open-House Discussion with Michael Boneham, President and MD, Ford India | Driving Ford

The highest DTE i got also around 850+ after a 550 KM high way trip.
Old 22nd October 2011, 11:32   #5497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Hi Skyline, as per Ford, DTE is calculated based on the last 500 KM. So if you drive more in Highway and then fill the tank, you will get higher DTE number. Please check the link below which gives some details about DTE.

Open-House Discussion with Michael Boneham, President and MD, Ford India | Driving Ford

The highest DTE i got also around 850+ after a 550 KM high way trip.
I had gone through the forum but did not check the FAQ regarding DTE.

Now i understand that it is not an accurate measure of FE but is better than having nothing displayed at all.
Old 22nd October 2011, 13:00   #5498
Senior - BHPian

I hit a DTE of 954 for full tank of diesel. But after 30K service it's back to 850s.
Old 22nd October 2011, 15:04   #5499
BHPian

My Figo diesel has covered 1200 kms and as time was running out, first servicing was carried out at Planet Ford.
I recently filled up my Figo with approximately 41 litres of normal HP diesel.
The DTE is showing 661 kilometers.

How much diesel should one fill in the Figo?
a) Does "tank full" mean the first indication from the pump / dispenser in the form of a sound or
b) Continue filling diesel till it is visible from the fuel tank opening?

I ask this question because, even after the indication (sound) from the pump / dispenser, a substantial quantity of diesel goes in to the tank and when we calculate mileage based on "tank full" to "tank full", there is a huge scope for error.

Please advise the best way to calculate mileage on a "tank full" to "tank full" basis.
Old 22nd October 2011, 17:07   #5500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
The takeaway from that thread as anilisanil said is it's ok to fill air for our normal driving conditions. Just need to ensure that the air we fill is DRY enough (Not that we can check the moisture content but see that you are not filling up air where the pump is near the washing station etc.), not that it matters much but still a takeaway from that thread!
Moisture content in air depends on the humidity in the air and not proximity to wash station etc. Normally coastal cities like Chennai have a higher moisture content. When air is compressed moisture separates out and settles as water at the bottom of the tank. If the tank is periodically drained there will not be of much of moisture in air. Most compressors have air dryer which removes moisture from air. You can easily check for moisture in the air by spraying air from the nozzle on to your hand and if your hand feels wet, the air is not dry

Last edited by raju2512 : 22nd October 2011 at 17:09.
Old 22nd October 2011, 22:23   #5501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
a) Does "tank full" mean the first indication from the pump / dispenser in the form of a sound or
b) Continue filling diesel till it is visible from the fuel tank opening?

I ask this question because, even after the indication (sound) from the pump / dispenser, a substantial quantity of diesel goes in to the tank and when we calculate mileage based on "tank full" to "tank full", there is a huge scope for error.

Please advise the best way to calculate mileage on a "tank full" to "tank full" basis.
Best way to calculate fuel efficiency :
1) Fill up fuel in your car till the automatic cut-off at the nozzle. Ask the attender not to manually fill it to the brim after the cut-off.
2) Reset your trip meter to 0
3) The next time you do the refueling (similar fashion as point 1), just note the liters of fuel going in and also note the Trip meter reading at that point. You know the rest!
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 04:49   #5502
BHPian

Hello Folks,

Need help on buying a diesel hatch for myself. Please note this post is purely to decide the 'Best hatch that suits my requirements'

Budget = 6 Lacks on road (Fixed)
Fuel type = Diesel
Usage = Weekends 200Kms + 1500Kms once in 2 months (Blr-Goa-Blr)
Primary requirements = Need highway drivable car with good power, handling, stability, cabin space, fuel economy, easy to maintain, powerfull AC, adequate boot space.

My shortlists = Swift VDI, Polo Trendline / Comfortline, Figo ZXI

My heart says it should be Polo, because of German Engineering, Best in class fit and finish and also elegant looking car, after all its a global model with VW badging.
However, downsides are 3 cylinder noisy engine, turbo lag, moderate cabin space and most importantly over my budget of 6Lacks (on road).

My mind says Its Swift, Powerfull engine, proven, 'Maruti ka bharousa'. However, heard about break'ing issues, rear space, ugly looking (subjective), almost everyone has one and most importantly I cannot wait for 9 months!!

So I am left with Figo, even though I am not a die hard 'Ford' fan and also looks did not imoress me much; it comes out as a practical winner in my case. Its peppier to drive, handles well, efficient cabin and boot space, powerfull AC and heard its low on pocket to maintain. Also comes out to be 'value for money' package as it just fits my budget and offers lot of features and goodies (Thanks to GTO's review).

Here I am seeking an unbaised opion from you, if I should go ahead with Figo diesel ZXI? What kind of deals can I expect considering I am buying this in bangalore?
PS: I haven't test driven any of those so far, however all my study is based on reviews on various forums and TV shows.
Cheers,
Sary
Old 23rd October 2011, 05:21   #5503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Primary requirements = Need highway drivable car with good power, handling, stability, cabin space, fuel economy, easy to maintain, powerfull AC, adequate boot space.
Except for the power part, you just described a Figo
From your post it's evident that you yourself did a fair bit of research about these cars, so I request you to do a final test drive of all these cars, see them and feel them in flesh and then decide.
Each of the cars mentioned here have their own issues
Figo: Various niggles reported by users, most are minor, but few critical issues as well.
Swift: Very poor boot space, should be exceeding your budge, and the endless waiting periods.
Polo: 3 pot engine, poor back seat leg room

So see what your priorities are. Also since you would be frequenting the highway. I would request you to consider the Titanium version if at all you decide on the Figo. Titanium seems to be the value for money option now over the ZXi, plus Ford has sneakily removed the rear wash/wipe (in addition to the electric side mirrors) from the ZXi which i consider is a very very useful feature.

You could consider the Etios Liva Diesel as well. Ticks most of your requirements. Looks are purely subjective though.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 16:34   #5504
BHPian

Got 30000 km service done at Metro Ford, St Marks Road. Left car in the morning. Afternoon SA called and told brake pads(cost around 5k) need to be replaced. I thought of taking a second opinion before going for replacement. Can it be replaced under warranty? Isn't 30k km too less for brake pad replacement?
Old 24th October 2011, 11:11   #5505
BHPian

[quote=sary;2554953
Need help on buying a diesel hatch for myself. Please note this post is purely to decide the 'Best hatch that suits my requirements'
[/QUOTE]

@sary In my opinion just go with the FIGO. It is a total VFM and you will eventually grow loving the car. The car just works

Last edited by sumathindra : 24th October 2011 at 11:12. Reason: edits

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks