Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2013, 23:16   #8626
BHPian

Iam at 50k with all four mudflaps intact !!

The battery died this week. Now have a Amaron.
Old 12th October 2013, 06:26   #8627
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
@Petrol figo owners.
What Rpm and corresponding vehicle speed do you'll maintain in each gear to extract max fuel efficiency?
Mine is a base version with no tachometer, so i would appreciate if anyone can share their data.The car manual recommends engine RPM for each gear to be maintained at 2250rpm for max fuel efficiency,should i continue to follow this?.Also what tyre pressure should i maintain ? Mostly 2 or 3 people travel in the figo when used.

Andre.
2000-2500 rpm is the right range for shifting on the petrol Figo.
Second-third would be around 35-40kmh
Third-Fourth at 50kmh and to fifth above 60 kmh.

The fuel efficiency what you get is right. Cannot expect more from this engine. Tire pressure should be around 32-33psi.

Regards
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 13:30   #8628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Does anyone know the cost of replacement of the rear parcel tray?
It is around 1500 for the part. No idea about the labour charges for fitting !
Old 12th October 2013, 14:28   #8629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Today, i was examining the underbody of the Figo diesel. It seems the engine sump is vulnerable, but a careful driving can avoid hitting the sump at any situation. Except that, everything looked pretty decent(in terms of ground clearance).

So is it the plastic mud flaps, that seem to be a bit low, making the sound in the speed breakers?
Well even with careful driving you might get unlucky for just one time. This happened to me during my trip to Chail earlier this month. The Sump ( being made of iron) survived the hit, but the oil pump being made of palstic did not. This led to an engine seizure. I had to get my car towed back to Noida ( a huge cost). It is still at the workshop and I will be getting a pretty big bill for the repairs. This car definitely needs a sump guard or some other sort of underbody protection.
Old 12th October 2013, 19:18   #8630
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
It is around 1500 for the part. No idea about the labour charges for fitting !
No major fitting required. Just place the edges on the groove and slide inside.

Period.

After MIL indicator started to glow, I checked the wiring and found a rat bite. It was at the tip of the MAP sensor. Took it to SC and as per Ford recommendation, the whole wiring kit has to be completely changed and the cost would come around 17,000/- .

I spoke to the concerned advisor and engineer to connect a spare wire and insulate it. They charged only for labour and gave a feedback that Ford should analyse these kind of issues on case to case basis. If it can be easily connected, then Ford should advise to change the child part only and not the whole kit.

Recommending to change the whole wiring kit for a small cut may not earn a good name for (Ford) Figo - a cheaper car to maintain.

To avoid rat bite, place tobacco leaves inside the bonnet at few places and replace once in a month or so. This is the advice given by many auto gurus and rats do not enter due to the tobacco smell.

Red square: MAP sensor - (Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor).
Wiki Info about MAP sensor
Engines that use a MAP sensor are typically fuel injected. The manifold absolute pressure sensor provides instantaneous manifold pressure information to the engine's electronic control unit (ECU). The data is used to calculate air density and determine the engine's air mass flow rate, which in turn determines the required fuel metering for optimum combustion (see stoichiometry) and influence the advance or retard of ignition timing.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-wirebite.jpg  

Old 13th October 2013, 00:10   #8631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post

After MIL indicator started to glow, I checked the wiring and found a rat bite. It was at the tip of the MAP sensor. Took it to SC and as per Ford recommendation, the whole wiring kit has to be completely changed and the cost would come around 17,000/- .

To avoid rat bite, place tobacco leaves inside the bonnet at few places and replace once in a month or so. This is the advice given by many auto gurus and rats do not enter due to the tobacco smell.

wow that's a lot! Replacing the whole wiring kit for just 2 wires? I remember reading on another post that @.S.S recommended changing the wiring kit for a burned out head lamp bulb holder.

For Rats I recommend some engine engine degreaser I usually pray at bit once in 2 weeks this keeps rats and other unwanted rodent guests away from my cars.
Old 13th October 2013, 18:10   #8632
Senior - BHPian

@rgk: I think ramzsys was joking. Ford would probably charge RS. 2.5 k as labour for the rear parcel tray costing about RS. 1.5 k.
Old 14th October 2013, 16:11   #8633
BHPian

Hello everyone, just a quick question. Does anyone know the size of figos stock speaker setup?
Old 14th October 2013, 16:54   #8634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Hello everyone, just a quick question. Does anyone know the size of figos stock speaker setup?
5×7 inches. But you can get an adapter ring and fix 6x6 speakers
Old 14th October 2013, 22:17   #8635
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the Figo TDCi today. I have driven the 1.4 tdci extensively in the Classic(fiesta), but i felt it is in a different state of tune in the hatch.

The engine felt eager, AC did not strangulate the engine: all these observations compared to the Sedan, thus explaining why the hatch is not as fuel efficient as the Sedan. Earlier i suspected whether the test drive vehicle was race-chipped!

One more thing that left me impressed in the Figo is the braking. Before driving the Figo, i test drove an Amaze D(S MT) and the brakes in the Honda felt the same way as the Ikon(ie.lack of the instant grabbing ).

Current offer('only for today', but i guess it is for every day till the end of the festival period) is

1) free insurance
2) service holiday(2 year or 45k km)
3) free 3rd year extended warranty

This is at Rajshree Ford, Coimbatore.

Offtopic: The test drive of Amaze D is for a relative of mine, while the Figo is for myself. But still, i can't stop comparing both:

1)AC was bone chiller in the Figo, whereas it is adequate in the Honda.

2)TDCi felt more refined than the Honda unit. There was no need to go above 2k rpm(thus, phenomenal FE) in the 1.5 i-DTEC, but even then, there was constant vibrations felt. It seems one might get tired of driving the Honda over long distances.

3)Road undulations better absorbed in the Figo.

4)Figo interiors felt a tad bad than the Honda, but i care 2 hoots about interiors and plastics, having lived with the Ikon for 6 years.

5)The brakes in the Honda felt just about sufficient.

6) Sheet metal thickness: bonnet and boot lid felt feather light in the Amaze.

7) Figo's suspension felt the same as in the ikon: stiff and an indestructible feel.

The ground clearance is the only issue bothering me now. The SA asked me to maintain 32+ psi, but this is not the real solution, right?

But i have driven an Uno D in the past, and roads to my farms have been relaid, so GC is not a big botheration. I have convinced myself for the Figo. Waiting for a good deal for the Ikon.

EDIT: to wildsdi5530: The rear parcel tray for Rs.1400 is worthless. I won't pay even 10% of it. I would suggest you get a suitable MDF plank.

Last edited by ramzsys : 14th October 2013 at 22:29.
Old 15th October 2013, 09:56   #8636
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I read posts where bhp-ians suggest keeping pressure at 32 psi. Is this for a fully loaded car ? The sticker says 30 psi for 1-3 persons and I've been maintaining that all along .
Old 15th October 2013, 10:10   #8637
Senior - BHPian

We are maintaining 34 psi. (a stiff setup is an add-on for the already renowned handler) Mostly solo drive and using for 95% inside City. No more belly scrape.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 10:46   #8638
Senior - BHPian

34 psi is just perfect for the Figo. I have managed not to bottom out even on the most unscientific speed breaker after the bump up in the tyre pressure.
Warwithwheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 11:04   #8639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
We are maintaining 34 psi. (a stiff setup....
Cheers!

Vinu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
34 psi is just perfect for the Figo. .....
34 seems high ! Doesn't the ride get too stiff ?

I haven't had the problem of scraping over the 5k km that I've done till now. *touch wood* !
Old 15th October 2013, 11:22   #8640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
34 seems high ! Doesn't the ride get too stiff ?
Stiffness is there. But I like that much stiffness for cornering and braking. By the way we are riding inside city which have more or less well carpeted roads.

And less rolling resistance means less fuel burned/km.

Cheers!

Last edited by myavu : 15th October 2013 at 11:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks