Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd February 2010, 18:28   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
Congrats Harsh for this great buy!
Thanks for the detaild write-up, i20 looks spacious. How is the boot space in i20? Could you post few pictures?
Thanks in advance,
Vijay
Hi, the boot space can easily fit a regular suitcase with a small handbag, i think its pretty decent. Will post pics of the boot for you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmshaw View Post
You got a good driver if he takes care like a owner
What I meant by self-drive is, its a pleasure driving the car, with music at your fingertips, and changing gears with a flick. For changing from 3rd to 4th I literally use just one finger, its that smooth!
O yes, definitely, just relish driving it, sorry for misinterpreting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcrawler View Post
Congrats harsh!

The interior really looks upmarket.

One small query, I saw this in Hyundai web site-
i20 Asta 560242
i20 Asta (O) 582243
i20 1.2L Asta Option With Sunroof 597241

Apart from the sunroof , is there any other difference between the last two models? Also is it really an electric sunroof( the price difference is around 15K ) ? Last time when I enquired about webasto base model ( electric sunroof ) it was 22K .
AFAIK after i20 Asta it is i20 Asta (O) with Sunroof and it has 6 Airbags in place of 2 for the former and front map lamps are also included. Did not look at it very closely though, was never interested in a sunroof.
harshunlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 18:07   #17
BHPian

Just an update:

mom hit the car from behind right side while reversing, the iron gate towards the end of the lane started moving itself and hit the car, right rear light broken, bumper cracked and side panel has got bruises and scratches :( have given it to Rishabh Hyundai, will change the bumper, ll repaint the side panel and replace the light, total cost 10,300/- (2000 bumper + 2000 Rear Bumper + 6000 Paint Job + 300 some nuts & bolts), ll give the car tomorrow.
Old 4th February 2010, 23:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Harsh, you shouldn't have given the car to Rishabh Hyundai. They were GOOD only during their start up phase and now they're WORST, you check what they did to Sohail99's car in the Indian Car Dealerships thread. If you still have the opportunity, opt for some reputed Service Center other than this.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 15:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Harsh, you shouldn't have given the car to Rishabh Hyundai. They were GOOD only during their start up phase and now they're WORST, you check what they did to Sohail99's car in the Indian Car Dealerships thread. If you still have the opportunity, opt for some reputed Service Center other than this.
Hi tsk13, after your intimation, I read the posts about Rishabh Hyundai and their bodyshop manager Daljeet who incidentally is handling my car and I literally had my heart in mouth and was cursing decision, but, I have just received the car and believe me, they have done a splendid job, it is back to its original with no noticeable difference at all, he did get on the top of the insurance guys to approve my claim, was all the time with me on phone updating status on my car (used to call twice daily), did delay the car by one day (one night actually, was supposed to give me yesterday evening, gave me today morning), was very courteous and made sure that I am fully satisfied before leaving the workshop. Also, initial estimate was given as 10,300, the total bill was 8350.
However, sincere thanks for the valuable info and alerting your fellow bhpian.
Old 7th February 2010, 01:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

My pleasure to be of help to you. Even I got my i20's accidental work done from Rishabh and they did a wonderful job but Sohail's 2 separate disasters with Rishabh have changed my opinion about them.

Harish, you should've got the ECU's Main Cable Cover installed by them free of cost, it's Hyundai's initiative.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 17:13   #21
BHPian

Wow, nice colour and choice of car. I just love it's interiors and exteriors. I hope it had a bigger engine. But, if you drive mostly in the city, then, it wouldn't bother you much. Enjoy and ride safe!
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote