Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th January 2010, 18:01   #1

Default My new i20 Magna

After 2-3 days' wait, I got my membership approved. Thanks to Team-BHP for that.

Bought i20 Magna 2 weeks back based on reviews provided by forum members. And I feel really thank to all of you for your valuable inputs - its a really nice car.

Few things that I wished this model to have are USB slot, keyless entry & steel layer on gear knob (Similar to Asta). As per my dealer's technician, it cannot be done. Anyone with some different views on this?
Atin_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 20:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

1. I think the HU is same in both Asta and Magna if so you can add the USB. please check this thread to know your HU.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ur-i20-hu.html

If the back side is same then i can tell you the part numbers of the USB & AUX so you can purchase it from Hyundai dealer.

2. The leather rapped gear knob also can be purchased separately.

3. Keyless entry , well you have get a auto-cop or other for this.

Congrats on your Purchase. please post the picture espeacialy the Auxiliary port portion.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 22:19   #3

Hey Wildon, Thanks a lot for reply - throughout the forum your replies/views are really impressive.

Considering I am not a technical guy, and my dealer has also said no to these possibilities, can you suggest who can possibly do this job for me.
Old 28th January 2010, 23:14   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atin_k View Post
After 2-3 days' wait, I got my membership approved. Thanks to Team-BHP for that.

Bought i20 Magna 2 weeks back based on reviews provided by forum members. And I feel really thank to all of you for your valuable inputs - its a really nice car.

Few things that I wished this model to have are USB slot, keyless entry & steel layer on gear knob (Similar to Asta). As per my dealer's technician, it cannot be done. Anyone with some different views on this?
Congrats Atin!! I too am waiting for the same variant. Which colour is your i20? Any freebies offered? Are you still on OEM Apollo tyres? Please do post some pics.

Regards,

Vish
vishwask82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 23:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Atin.Didn't the dealer provided an option for keyless entry?
I have asked my dealer and they provided me by charging 3000Rs. I see hyuindai logo on this.Not sure which brand it is

@Wildon
what a genius u are. .Hope i get usb for my mangna
Reddy@Hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 23:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Wildon, Thanks a lot for reply - throughout the forum your replies/views are really impressive.

Considering I am not a technical guy, and my dealer has also said no to these possibilities, can you suggest who can possibly do this job for me.
order the parts from Hyundai dealer and get the job done from a outside person who is having experience in after market fittings.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 23:47   #7

Thanks all. I got Dark grey color. Freebies offered were: Mud flaps, security system, perfume.
Old 28th January 2010, 23:49   #8

Reddy: The security system that I have also seems to be similar. It has Hyundai written on it with three buttons - to open, close and locate the car.
Old 29th January 2010, 01:26   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
1. I think the HU is same in both Asta and Magna if so you can add the USB. please check this thread to know your HU.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ur-i20-hu.html

If the back side is same then i can tell you the part numbers of the USB & AUX so you can purchase it from Hyundai dealer.

2. The leather rapped gear knob also can be purchased separately.

3. Keyless entry , well you have get a auto-cop or other for this.

Congrats on your Purchase. please post the picture espeacialy the Auxiliary port portion.
Wildon, any idea if Fog lamps can also be procured from Hyundai for the Magna model, not satisfied with the low beam visibility on highways.
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 12:31   #10

Can you suggest anyone in Delhi/NCR who can possibly do the job of adding USB support in Magna?
Old 4th February 2010, 13:46   #11

While driving car, locked from inside my son tried to open the door... And to my utter surprise, door opened - even if it was locked from inside. By grace of God, nothing happened, but it was shocking.

Is this a problem or a feature?
Old 4th February 2010, 14:42   #12
BHPian

Unless childlock is activated, the doors can be opened. Child lock is only for the back doors.
rg_chn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 15:34   #13

Thanks.
I'll also check the possibility from service center.