Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th January 2010, 17:32   #1
Default i-10 Sport1500 kz Kappa - 1500 Km Review & 1st Service experience (Oh my God!)

I am loving the i-10 Sportz!

What I loved?
1. The steering is smooooth! I can move it with my finger tip!
2. Space is very good, lots of leg-room & head-room
3. The engine just doesn't make any noise, initially I used to wonder whether its on or off (then I realized I should look at the RPM meter!)
4. Interior is best in class, looks really classy
5. FE - before 1st service 18 km/litre (50:50 City, highway, 10% AC, Autocut to autocut)
6. A highway cruiser! just glides on the road

What could have been better?
1. The reverse gear doesn't slot sometimes (I realized you should release the clutch, push it again and then change the gear)
2. Little sluggish in 1st & 2nd gear

Now about the 1st Service,

The car had clocked 1450 kms and one month when I went for the 1sr service. Went in the morning, the Service guy received the vehicle and did the form filling etc. and sent the supervisor. Me & the supervisor for the test drive together.
These are the problems I told him,
1. There was a krrr krrr noise coming from the steering column on a bumpy road - he said lots of i-10's have this problem (dear BHPians is it so?), a packing needs to change in the steering column (?)
2. The right side door was making a bit of noise, again on bumpy roads - said they will do it
3. Clutch pedal play was too much - said will reduce it
Got the delivery time of evening.
In the evening the service guy phones me up - 'sir, steering column is not ready. We can’t give the car today)
Day - 2, Morning - I call up, the Guy who had received my vehicle has not turned up! The other guy says, steering column needs to be replaced we will do it under warranty. It will take 10 days! You come and take your car rest is done
I go to the showroom walk around the car and see the car is dashed at the right side, no dent but the paint is peeled off! I call the Service guy, he says are you sure this is not done by you? I show him the service slip where its not marked. He says he will do it free of cost but will need another day! I blast at him & the GM of the facility about their carelessness.
Finally Day - 3 morning, I get my vehicle, the dash is taken care of satisfactorily, the Steering Column noise is still there. They said they will need to replace the steering column and will need to speak to Hundai.
I am still waiting for their call. Should I launch the complaint to the toll free no? Does it make any difference?
Does 18 KM FE good for i10?
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 18:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

18 kmpl is very good FE. but the auto cutout to auto cutout method is not accurate. Does i10 has low fuel warning? if yes, immediately after low fuel warning fill the petrol and check how many Km's car runs till next low fuel warning. This should give accurate FE.

Please launch a complaint regarding carelessness by A.S.S!
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 19:03   #3

Ulhas, that's a very good FE you are getting from your i10. Sad to hear about lousy treatment given to you by ASC folks.

Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
18 kmpl is very good FE. but the auto cutout to auto cutout method is not accurate.
Can you elaborate more on this? I thought the tank full to tank full method is the most accurate.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote