Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd February 2010, 13:26   #31
BHPian

Nice upgrade!! Hows the sound out of the Sony and the Polk combo? So what next? A nice set of alloy wheel?
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Yes, how about black alloy wheels? think about it
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:27   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Nice upgrade!! Hows the sound out of the Sony and the Polk combo? So what next? A nice set of alloy wheel?
The audio is good. The speakers to suffer ti deliver bass at higher volumes (>75%). The only solution is an amp and a sub along with components for the front speakers.

Alloys - still thinking, full white or full black, as both go well with the color. But they definitely have to wait for a month. Out of budget as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Yes, how about black alloy wheels? think about it
I was thinking on the same lines, so just for the feel of it, I removed the wheel caps. The car does look a bit mean now. I think I saw a discussion on a thread where the owner was in the same dilemma. I'll probably search for the thread and see the final result.
eagle_bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 13:44   #34
BHPian

3500 Km update.

It's been a while since I updated the thread. Work keeping me busy!!
Somethings I noticed over a period of time.

1. The ground clearance with 5 people on board is very less. I had scraped the body a few times, on 'Not so big' speed breakers.
2. I drove on a very bad patch of 35 kms, from Vikarabad to Chincholi (Karnataka). The drive took about 2 hours, and sadly after that the alignment of the wheels took a toss. The car pulls to the right on a straight road. :-(
3. The mileage has been consistent in the city @ 13.8kmpl and 17.4 on the highway.
4. The gearbox did smoothen, but still it somehow troubles for the 1st and reverse gears.
5. The annoying rattling from the rear speaker plank still continues, in spite of several trials of adding sponge, rubber, etc.
6. I lost a cover, which comes below the OVRM, thanks to the useless fitting of the OVRM with indicators from the GM dealer. - My suggestion would be avoiding body colour OVRM with indicators as an accessory for this car.

I received my cashless ownership booklet recently. The service manual suggests changing the engine oil every 10000km. Is it ok?

My first service is due at 5000 kms.

Will keep the thread updated with any latest observations.
Old 15th March 2010, 11:25   #35
BHPian

@eagle_bush, after exactly how much time did you receive your cashless ownership booklet ? I got mine just before my first assurance check(I was consistently following up with the sales person. My R.C and Insurance papers got delivered to me last week only.)
I am getting a mileage of 14.5 City(haven't taken her to highways yet)tank full to tank full method.
Gearbox same problem for me :(.
I have done 1700 kms till date (2 months 7 days)
kenpachigamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 11:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpachigamer View Post
@eagle_bush, after exactly how much time did you receive your cashless ownership booklet ? I got mine just before my first assurance check(I was consistently following up with the sales person. My R.C and Insurance papers got delivered to me last week only.)
I am getting a mileage of 14.5 City(haven't taken her to highways yet)tank full to tank full method.
I got my cashless ownership bokklet at the time of delivery. My baby has completed 6.5K and going strong. Completed 5K service last week. I agree, with 5 healthy people on board you need to be bit carefull when you are going over a speed braker. I scraped it few times in the beginning now got adjusted with it.
Old 15th March 2010, 17:52   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpachigamer View Post
I got the booklet within 4 weeks of delivery.
Your fuel efficiency seems to be good. I think the gearshift is cable shift, and that is the reason why there is this issue in shifting. Will try to get more details and keep you posted.

Quote:
I got my cashless ownership bokklet at the time of delivery. My baby has completed 6.5K and going strong. Completed 5K service last week. I agree, with 5 healthy people on board you need to be bit carefull when you are going over a speed braker. I scraped it few times in the beginning now got adjusted with it.
Was there any noticeable difference in the car after first service. I mean, did the fuel efficiency increase? Any change in the gearshift?
Old 15th March 2010, 17:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bush View Post
I got the booklet within 4 weeks of delivery.
Your fuel efficiency seems to be good. I think the gearshift is cable shift, and that is the reason why there is this issue in shifting. Will try to get more details and keep you posted.

Was there any noticeable difference in the car after first service. I mean, did the fuel efficiency increase? Any change in the gearshift?
I did not observe any noticeable change after 5K service. Could not check FE, will check and post it during next filling. Engaging reverse gear is still a pain sometimes.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:05   #39
BHPian

I avoid loading up my spark as much as i can. I feel comfortable with at max. 2 people on board(other than me). Anything more than that, I begin to feel the weight. It runs best with only me driving .
kenpachigamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 11:28   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I did not observe any noticeable change after 5K service. Could not check FE, will check and post it during next filling. Engaging reverse gear is still a pain sometimes.
I was thinking my FE fig would improve after the first service. Expectations never die .

I lost the cups under both the OVRM's. Can we get these spares, or would I have to buy the whole OVRM unit for them? Any inputs?
Old 12th September 2010, 12:51   #41
BHPian

Default 12000 Km update

It's been a long time since I updated this thread. Been busy with loads of work. The car has been doing great since the first service. Since the car was in the cashless ownership offer, I didn't have to spend a single rupee for the service. Engine Oil, Engine oil filter were changed and interior cleaning was done. The service quality was good.

The FE has been consistent at around 13.5-14 in the city with 100% A.C on. I still love this car on the highway with it's FE hovering around 17.7-18.5 kmpl for speeds around 100-120 kmph.
I recently did a 650km trip from HYD-SRISAILAM-NAGARJUNA SAGAR-HYD. It was a lovely drive and I was surprised at the way car pulled off the srisailam ghat with 4 people on board and the A.C on.

Even after 12000 km the car still feels new and the engine still punchier. No rattles from anywhere except for the rear speaker plank . I tried several things, but couldn't solve that issue.

A rat had chewed up my fuel line recently. When I called Orange Chevrolet emergency helpline number, I was surprised with the answer I got. Below is the conversation

Me: My car broke down, fuel leaking badly. Can you please send someone?
Service: I'll get back to you after checking the spares section. (***? Which spare? Did you even ask me what was wrong?)
Me: OK.(Service guy hung up)

...I call after half an hour. Service guy whispers - In a meeting, will get back later (Hangs up).

Luckily KUN Chevrolet guys responded immediately and sent the Roadside assistance team. They towed the car to the service center. They had to order the part as it was not readily available. I got my car back after two days. The total bill was 1156/- inclusive of taxes, with the spare costing 956/-.

Apart from this incident there has been no major incident/issue with the car.
Old 1st October 2010, 08:05   #42
BHPian

Hi,

I finally sold of my cute Sparky to replace it with a FIAT GP EMOTION MJD. It was hard to see her go after it served me so well for 8 months.

Reason for the sale and upgrade:
No issues with the car at all, but my running had increased considerably, upto 2000 km a month not including fortnightly highway trips to Vizag from Hyderabad. I needed a diesel, something which would be the best upgrade. The ride and handling of the spark were way beyond my expectation of a car of this size. And my upgrade had to be more than my expectations, so it was none other than the GP MJD.

More Information on my decision would come up in a new thread after my GP MJD EMOTION arrives.

Last edited by eagle_bush : 1st October 2010 at 08:06.
Old 1st October 2010, 08:15   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bush View Post
Hi,

I finally sold of my cute Sparky to replace it with a FIAT GP EMOTION MJD. It was hard to see her go after it served me so well for 8 months.
Oh so much did you sell you 8 month old Spark for? Will the new owner still be able to avail the cashless ownership and warranty?
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 09:34   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Oh so much did you sell you 8 month old Spark for? Will the new owner still be able to avail the cashless ownership and warranty?
Yes, Cashless ownership can be availed by the new owner. The CP-COO booklet does mention that.

On the sale price,, I purchased the car at 3.62L OTR and invested about 30K for accessories, I closed the deal at 3.3L.