Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th February 2010, 17:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
The side claddings are not stickers! He wants the entire vehicle in a single tone black as opposed to the side claddings/skirts being another color.

Now Raj, my car is:

1. An SUV. GC is a given.
2. Is an MT. Clutch, change gears, does it slot well? Yes sir, please move on.
3. Is a tall boy. No aggressive cornering. Downshift and swerve.
4. Is a diesel. No wheel-spin's at the signal.
5. Is not a 4WD. Stick to the highways.

Now pray tell me, apart from the mechanical stuff being in good working order, what else can I ask for? A harem for all the space inside?

Time to get realistic Raj. We're all happy if our cars run well. That's about it. Paying 10L and squeaking? You're kidding me right?
you can be happy that all the mechanical stuff are running well without throwing any tantrums.

of course, after paying 10L, i do expect that my car should run well without any squeaking. that is precisely the reason i have visited the A.S.S numerous times and also shot a complaint to the mahindra customer care.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 22:51   #62
BHPian

Quote:
The side claddings are not stickers! He wants the entire vehicle in a single tone black as opposed to the side claddings/skirts being another color.
Quite forgot the side claddings.
ananth_iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 15:01   #63
BHPian

Here are my updates on my niggles:

1) My tilt steering problem was purely one of a stuck lever. With the knack of the service center mechanic it has come unstuck and the steering tilts now

2) My rear spoiler will be replaced in 2-3 days. CAI is readying a spare - it has to be painted. M&M had passed on my mail to CAI this morning and I got an immediate call. Took my vehicle to the showroom / service. One look and the Service Manager decided it needed to be changed and he would do it. Kudos to both M&M and CAI Industries for making this a very pain-free experience for me. M&M actually called me after that to validate that the problem was resolved to my satisfaction.

3) My interior light assembly (3rd row) will also be replaced on the same day.

All in all, I am a happy camper
Old 9th February 2010, 15:11   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
Dent? What dent are you talking about? Do you see something that I don't?
Sorry, got mixed up with your Santros dent. I too am a Santro to Scorpio wannabe

Quote:
I think Tanwar is going through too many Scorpio threads for his own good!
yeah, Red you are correct, when will my time come ! till that time reading all yours threads and imagining myself in those situations with the beast

Quote:
Here are my updates on my niggles:

All in all, I am a happy camper
Great to see the problems solved, Can we ask for more pictures now ? The ones we have seen are from the delivery, take some more pics at your leisure.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 15:18   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Sorry, got mixed up with your Santros dent. I too am a Santro to Scorpio wannabe
My Santro dents are now a thing of the past. Got them all fixed last week for about 6K - painted and buffed and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Great to see the problems solved, Can we ask for more pictures now ? The ones we have seen are from the delivery, take some more pics at your leisure.
Sure. I owe more pictures. Will do over the weekend.
Old 9th February 2010, 16:01   #66
BHPian

Good to know now everything is fine, Service Center guys will first try to just give some lame excuses but if you persist then thing get going!!, just my experience Service guys are reluctant to touch anything that come close to airbag, they are yet to come term with airbag module and AT may be the volume is still too low for them to get the exposure required, eventually they will get used to as Xylo and Scorpio now both is going to have Airbag.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 16:42   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Good to know now everything is fine, Service Center guys will first try to just give some lame excuses but if you persist then thing get going!!,

-Pramod
As of now, the guys at CAI Industries have been extremely polite and helpful - but then that may be more due to "Coimbatore culture" than anything else.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:58   #68
BHPian

First of all congrats on the purchase of the new beast! It truly looks menacing on the roads and is a great cruiser i heard! However, one thing which concerns me is that you have had a few niggles immediately after buying the car. This should ideally not happen when buying a new car from the showroom. But luckily it was done free of cost and nothing major. But to me, the 1st impression is always the lasting one.
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 18:17   #69
Senior - BHPian

congratulations ananth. good to know your problems were resolved so soon & to your satisfaction. wish mahindra service was as good to me also!
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 11:29   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
First of all congrats on the purchase of the new beast! It truly looks menacing on the roads and is a great cruiser i heard! However, one thing which concerns me is that you have had a few niggles immediately after buying the car. This should ideally not happen when buying a new car from the showroom. But luckily it was done free of cost and nothing major. But to me, the 1st impression is always the lasting one.
Thanks rjalihal.

I agree that the initial quality problems are definitely not an acceptable standard. Looks like it is common and M&M makes it up in getting it fixed once brought to their notice. I had brought this up to M&M as a question on how they justify such defect leakage (if I may borrow an IT term). Have to see if they have formally responded to my mail.
Old 11th February 2010, 00:17   #71
Senior - BHPian

Was it you on 10th Feb morning at Kovaipudur junction?

Saw the same colour Scorpio AT, and the guy riding it was in a blue shirt i guess
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 11:31   #72
BHPian

congrades Anand on your new BULL in your parking lot.Your price on road was 11.71 lakhs with Airbags so with out airbag,it will be cheaper by another 25 to 3ok right?? Me too planning for this AT beast bro!!My previous plan was to get sle 4*4 with abs but while considering that i have to do city driving the most and off roading almost nill and by reading your post now me too thinking of getting an AT with out airbag because already my budget has crossed the limit(only the passion of driving an suv rides me into it!hi,hi.).cheers and Regards
bhunu AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 16:07   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Was it you on 10th Feb morning at Kovaipudur junction?

Saw the same colour Scorpio AT, and the guy riding it was in a blue shirt i guess
Was me, definitely. I seem to be getting a lot of attention because of the side Automatic badging.
Old 11th February 2010, 16:11   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunu AMG View Post
congrades Anand on your new BULL in your parking lot.Your price on road was 11.71 lakhs with Airbags so with out airbag,it will be cheaper by another 25 to 3ok right?? Me too planning for this AT beast bro!!My previous plan was to get sle 4*4 with abs but while considering that i have to do city driving the most and off roading almost nill and by reading your post now me too thinking of getting an AT with out airbag because already my budget has crossed the limit(only the passion of driving an suv rides me into it!hi,hi.).cheers and Regards
Thanks Bhanu. Without airbags it would be about 22K cheaper. I think 22K is a small amount for the added safety of airbags. Do think through it. It is anyhow a great buy either ways.
Old 11th February 2010, 22:20   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bhanu. Without airbags it would be about 22K cheaper. I think 22K is a small amount for the added safety of airbags. Do think through it. It is anyhow a great buy either ways.

Hi Anant

Congrats on your new buy..

Me too planning for a SUV-AT on an affordable rate.

Do let me know if i can catch up with you when i m there in cbe to know more about ur 2WD AT..even i m planning to get one..either jawa brown or black..(not white as most of politicians uses it)

Hope you are completely satisfied with ur buy
deepanonline is offline   Reply With Quote