Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 15:15   #76
BHPian
 
ananth_iy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 244
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
Hi Anant

Congrats on your new buy..

Me too planning for a SUV-AT on an affordable rate.

Do let me know if i can catch up with you when i m there in cbe to know more about ur 2WD AT..even i m planning to get one..either jawa brown or black..(not white as most of politicians uses it)

Hope you are completely satisfied with ur buy
Sure let me know when you are in CBE.
ananth_iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 14:52   #77
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ind
Posts: 59
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Wishes again Ananth

Ananthji, Wishes on the new purchase. I started realizing the importance of automatic. 2 days ago saw a white automatic getting offloaded at the Avinashi road, means the automatic club is growing ....

More pictures pl

Regards,
Siva
sivadeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 19:37   #78
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,975
Thanked: 2,497 Times
Default

automatic club is definitely growing. When I went to pick up my Scorpio 4x4 in Kottayam, there where four Automatic Scorpios there, all due for delivery.
4x4addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 09:14   #79
BHPian
 
bhunu AMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 90
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Hai Anand,Till now how many Km you have covered and what is ur average FE? pls
bhunu AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:29   #80
BHPian
 
CasperRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 87
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Here comes yet another AT beast, hearty congrats, Ananth.

One thing I noticed, I donít see the body graphics (those stickers) on you Java Brown. Are they now removed my M&M or it wasnít just visible on your pics?

Glad that the initial problem are fixed, happy moroting!
CasperRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 21:48   #81
BHPian
 
ananth_iy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 244
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
Here comes yet another AT beast, hearty congrats, Ananth.

One thing I noticed, I donít see the body graphics (those stickers) on you Java Brown. Are they now removed my M&M or it wasnít just visible on your pics?

Glad that the initial problem are fixed, happy moroting!
Thanks Casper. The body graphics are very much there. I will post more pics where it will be visible.
ananth_iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 15:05   #82
BHPian
 
ananth_iy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 244
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

As I am getting more and more used to the vehicle, I am beginning to like it even more. It really handles well and apart from the niggles, which Mahindra and CAI are more than happy to fix, I seem to have a gem on my hand.

Last weekend, I was invited to the "Scorpio King of the Road" event at Coimbatore. have a bunch of photos from the event. Will follow with photos and write-up once I get home.
ananth_iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 20:33   #83
BHPian
 
bhunu AMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 90
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunu AMG View Post
Hai Anand,Till now how many Km you have covered and what is ur average FE? pls
anand..waiting for ur post
bhunu AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 21:35   #84
BHPian
 
ananth_iy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 244
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunu AMG View Post
anand..waiting for ur post
Sorry. As of today I have done about 1500kms of pure city driving. Top speed of 80kmph once (in the whole month) for a very brief period of a few seconds - touching 70kmph a couple of times a day. Predominant speeds in the 30-50kmph. 70-80% AC usage and normal diesel. FE = 10kmpl
ananth_iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 22:08   #85
BHPian
 
ananth_iy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 244
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Ok. Here goes the "Scorpio King of the Road Treasure Hunt" photos. It was such a pleasure to see so many Mighty Musculars in one place.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hawk has landed - Scorpio AT with Airbags-dsc00305.jpg  

The Hawk has landed - Scorpio AT with Airbags-dsc00304.jpg  

The Hawk has landed - Scorpio AT with Airbags-dsc00299.jpg  

The Hawk has landed - Scorpio AT with Airbags-dsc00298.jpg  

ananth_iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 09:05   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

was this event only for the 'mighty musculars' (scorpio refresh)? none of the 'nothing else will do' (pre-refresh scorpios) can be seen.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 16:38   #87
BHPian
 
ananth_iy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 244
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Long time since I posted anything in this thread. Nearing 10,000 kms on my ODO - for 7.5 months of ownership that I guess is nothing too dramatic.

Have had a bunch of trips all over the place - Palani, Chennai (via Yercaud), regular Kochi, one Kochi via Valparai-Vazhachal and the latest Coonoor.

Nothing to complain about thus far. Has steadily given me 10.5 kmpl in city. Highways is a different matter. I find that I get much better mileage only when I keep it to 70-80kmph. I only managed that once to Palani - where I got close on 14kmpl. If I go higher or lower the mileage tends back to 10.5 kmpl.

Handling has been great and the experience even greater. When you are rubbing shoulders with the car next to you on a narrow road in Coonoor with the other guy breaking into a sweat because of the slope and the width of the road and you get to grin back and say "No sweat. What do you want me to do to help you pass?" - that is truly a great feeling.

I would have loved a little more luggage space despite the 3 rows but am not complaining since I am able to dismiss my son to the 3rd row when he wants to take a nap.
ananth_iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 18:10   #88
NFS
BHPian
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 180
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I remember the old days when most of the vehicles on their speedo had one section marked in green (somewhere between 40-60kmph). This was explained saying the best area for FE. Ofcourse, using too many gear changes or too much braking would surely hamper the FE. Would it be correct to assume that mHawk has a 70-80kmph green area? Any experience from others?

Ananth, congrats for 10K on your Scorpio (I am too leading towards owning one). Good to know that you had no niggles after your rear reading lamp replacement.

Enjoy and happy motoring... let us know when you come to Chennai next, may be we can meet.

NFS
NFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 19:52   #89
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,531
Thanked: 4,705 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
Long time since I posted anything in this thread. Nearing 10,000 kms on my ODO - for 7.5 months of ownership that I guess is nothing too dramatic.

Have had a bunch of trips all over the place - Palani, Chennai (via Yercaud), regular Kochi, one Kochi via Valparai-Vazhachal and the latest Coonoor.

Nothing to complain about thus far. Has steadily given me 10.5 kmpl in city. Highways is a different matter. I find that I get much better mileage only when I keep it to 70-80kmph. I only managed that once to Palani - where I got close on 14kmpl. If I go higher or lower the mileage tends back to 10.5 kmpl.

Handling has been great and the experience even greater. When you are rubbing shoulders with the car next to you on a narrow road in Coonoor with the other guy breaking into a sweat because of the slope and the width of the road and you get to grin back and say "No sweat. What do you want me to do to help you pass?" - that is truly a great feeling.

I would have loved a little more luggage space despite the 3 rows but am not complaining since I am able to dismiss my son to the 3rd row when he wants to take a nap.
Happy driving ananth.Glad to know that you are the proud owner of the A/T Scorpio.
True the SUV is a no nonsense, tough workhorse and never falls below one's expectations while spinning it around.I too really vouch for its solid build and macho looks that deter away most erring motorists and bikers.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 09:29   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,960
Thanked: 1,714 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Would it be correct to assume that mHawk has a 70-80kmph green area? Any experience from others?

You are correct NFS. The CRDe and the MHawk engines provide their best FE at 2000rpm @5th gear without the ac.

I have gotten FE figures of 15.05kmpl at these speeds with Hariya, who has a CRDe heart.
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Hawk has Landed 2.2 mHawk 4WD .. vraghuz Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 145 12th August 2014 18:37
The Bird has landed! (Royal Enfield TBTS new ownership review) Abhay Motorbikes 50 19th June 2012 10:31
My LP640 - "The eagle has landed, (or in this case, the bull)" ecksreturns Super-Cars & Imports in India 626 28th December 2011 20:36
The Comet has landed Rtech Motorbikes 38 12th December 2008 00:00
The Yellow Murcielago Has Landed!!! Edit 080505 - Now a RED one too Rehaan Super-Cars & Imports in India 61 11th May 2005 00:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:13.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks