Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th February 2010, 17:10   #1
BHPian

Default Maruti WagonR vague review

Hi!
My brother just bought a White WagonR from Vipul Motors Faridabad. I got a chance to drive his new car today. Precisely, just ten minutes ago, I was driving his car. This is a very vague report and my first here on Team-BHP too. I apologize for any points missed out.

Pros-
1. The Engine which has clocked roughly around 1000Km was smooth and vaguely audible inside the cabin.
2. The gearbox was smooth and there was no "stickiness" while shifting gears.
3. The clutch was surprisingly soft.
4. He has a JVC Head-Unit and JBL speakers for In-car entertainment which sounded good. But, I felt that my Pioneer speakers were better in Bass (When set to "Powerful" and adjusting Bass to 3).
5. The steering was soft and easy to adjust to after driving my Zen's Non-Assisted steering.
6. The ingress and egress was a boon for us keeping in mind we are quite tall.

Cons-
1. The driver side A-pillar is a BIG obstruction in visibility as compared to my Zen's(2000).
2. The horn could be heard inside a bit disturbingly.
3. Rear legroom when I was driving and had my cousin beside me (both of us above 6 Feet tall) was poor.

Thanks all. I hope you like it.

@All- This wasn't my car so I got just a few Kms to drive it, this is a very basic drive report. Any questions shall be tried to be answered if possible.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 21:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

My views in line

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Hi!
My brother just bought a White WagonR from Vipul Motors Faridabad. I got a chance to drive his new car today. Precisely, just ten minutes ago, I was driving his car. This is a very vague report and my first here on Team-BHP too. I apologize for any points missed out.

Pros-
1. The Engine which has clocked roughly around 1000Km was smooth and vaguely audible inside the cabin - decent engine;this is a four cylinder version of the M800 MPFI engine
2. The gearbox was smooth and there was no "stickiness" while shifting gears- not as good as competitors'
3. The clutch was surprisingly soft - agreed
4. He has a JVC Head-Unit and JBL speakers for In-car entertainment which sounded good. But, I felt that my Pioneer speakers were better in Bass (When set to "Powerful" and adjusting Bass to 3) from experience,I have seen JVC to be less "powerful" than Pioneers
5. The steering was soft and easy to adjust to after driving my Zen's Non-Assisted steering - EPS is great
6. The ingress and egress was a boon for us keeping in mind we are quite tall precisely

Cons-
1. The driver side A-pillar is a BIG obstruction in visibility as compared to my Zen's(2000) - a little thicker than the Zen
2. The horn could be heard inside a bit disturbingly - as good or as bad as most others
3. Rear legroom when I was driving and had my cousin beside me (both of us above 6 Feet tall) was poor - the Santro rear seat is much much better

Thanks all. I hope you like it.

@All- This wasn't my car so I got just a few Kms to drive it, this is a very basic drive report. Any questions shall be tried to be answered if possible.
My advice - please tell your brother to get a wide rear view mirror which can be clamped on to existing inside mirror - Broadway,Exceed or even Type-R ; and see the difference.This should cost anywhere between Rs.200(Type-R) and Rs.350(Broadway)
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote