Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 9th February 2010, 20:01   #61
BHPian

I drove it for very few kilometers. I didn't get time to really judge the car. I am just posting first thoughts which came into my mind.
Quote:
1. Driver seat comfort : Is it better than baleno (if u have driven it )
I have not driven Baleno. But I found seating quite comfortable. Littlebit on lower side than Vista which I usually drive.

Quote:
2. Rear seat comfort : How is the thigh support?
Excellent thigh support in driver's as well as rear sits. No more loose legs.

Quote:
3. Rear seat head rest : is this comfortable?
I could not experience it.

Quote:
4. Rear seat spacing : good enough for 5 and half feet folks?
Yes Rear space is good. Better than Punto. 5 and half will not be a problem at all. I think even 6 feeters will be happy in that. More than that I suspect.

Quote:
5. Any observation about the effectiveness of AC in the front and back?
Quote:
6. I saw that in i10 and swift, the drivers AC throws air only to the right hand not the face

Quote:
7. Interior plastics : is it better than i10? is it better than jazz
Interior plastic you can say better than any hatch. Jazz I dont know. I found it very firm and very good in feel. Interior gives good feel due dual tone scheme. Overall I can say better than i10, Vista, Swift, Beat, Ritz. May be novelty factor is adding points here. But I would say Punto has better dashboard. Polo has simple dashboard scheme.

Quote:
8. Looking at ur write i think u didn't feel that the car was underpowered?
Nope I didn't feel it underpowered. I have very less experience in Petrols.
Initial pickup I felt like Puntoish, Slow at start picks up as rpm increases.

Quote:
7. Even i20 is beige interiors but it still does not feel airy, but i10 feels airy...Does polo interiors feel airy?
For me, i10 interiors are not with my taste. I love black.
Old 10th February 2010, 11:44   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The one shown appears to be the 'Trendline' version which is the price leader.

Yes, it is the base or Trendline version judging by the black door handles,
but what is surprising is the colour Silver which is metallic.
According to the Volkswagen India site this version doesn't come in metallic or pearl effect colours.

Maybe initial plan was changed and they forgot to update it in the website.

Last edited by Daewood : 10th February 2010 at 11:46.
Old 10th February 2010, 12:59   #63
BHPian

I actually like the exterior design, it's nice with clean lines. Not curvy and bulbous. I liked the tiny fender lip at the front and I wish they give the blackened out headlamps atleast on one variant. Conversely I did not like the chevy beat exterior, so thats where i'm coming from.

I hope they give a good engine to this car a 1.6/1.2 TSI with 100+ bhp would be super!

A hatch with that kind of power, good driving dynamics, full safety kit and reasonably priced i.e. (Rs. 6-7L range) would be the only combination that would get me considering purchasing a new car.
Old 10th February 2010, 13:30   #64
BHPian

Hot shot Patankar in his C&B Show concluded Polo has the driving pleasure of Swift combined with build quality of Fabia. Wonder if such a drool package will be available cheap.

He did mention the engine sounded loud though. Will this be the deal breaker, i wonder.
Old 10th February 2010, 14:53   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Hot shot Patankar in his C&B Show concluded Polo has the driving pleasure of Swift combined with build quality of Fabia. Wonder if such a drool package will be available cheap.

He did mention the engine sounded loud though. Will this be the deal breaker, i wonder.
Thanks for the link guys. Polo looked good in white! But interior especially the center console looked very boring. No point going to a entry level Polo! As every one saying "lets wait for the pricing"
Old 11th February 2010, 16:54   #66

vw polo to be launched on 23rd feb mumbai.
Old 11th February 2010, 17:32   #67
Senior - BHPian

Any info on how many variants VW is planning to launch?
Old 11th February 2010, 17:45   #68
BHPian

Only one for now. the 1.2 Petrol in all three trims. Next launch should be the diesel in a couple of months n last will be the 1.6P by end of year i guess. Prices and launch to be 1st week of March as confirmed by the Mktg Mgr of VW about 15 mins back.
Old 12th February 2010, 14:52   #69
BHPian

Polo to launch on Feb 23, with price announcement.
VW Polo price out February 23 | Autocar India
Old 12th February 2010, 23:46   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma123 View Post
Only one for now. the 1.2 Petrol in all three trims. Next launch should be the diesel in a couple of months n last will be the 1.6P by end of year i guess. Prices and launch to be 1st week of March as confirmed by the Mktg Mgr of VW about 15 mins back.
well that is too bad, had hoped we would be getting both diesel & petrol from day1. Why do all manufacturers in india ( except Tata & Fiat) do not have the guts to launch the diesel version from the start? It is always the same story - Swift, i20 , now awaiting diesels in i10, Beat..
Old 13th February 2010, 11:33   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
well that is too bad, had hoped we would be getting both diesel & petrol from day1. Why do all manufacturers in india ( except Tata & Fiat) do not have the guts to launch the diesel version from the start? It is always the same story - Swift, i20 , now awaiting diesels in i10, Beat..
There can be two logical reasons (depending on the car and manufacturer)
1. The model does not have a diesel option and has to be developed. The manufacturer did not want to wait till the diesel was ready
2. Allow some time for the market to absorb the petrol models, so that it sells. Usually, sales of the diesel sibling overshadow the petrol in India.
Old 15th February 2010, 10:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

B pillar looks different. Want to see photos with doors open, interested in knowing how glass element holds up in front door. Hope this gets covered/highlighted in official TD report.
Old 15th February 2010, 16:04   #73
BHPian

This is one car I'm anticipating MADLY. German engine for about 4.5 lakhs, is surely a sweet deal. I'm a little wiery on the Indian variant though. I have driven this car in Dubai (its a typical college going bachelors car!), found it a little on the 'mushed pick up' side. I seriously thought this car is deeply underpowered. Or probably that was just me since I was used to driving a Toyota Celica.

Another doubts I have is the prices. Rumour says about Rs.4.5 lakhs, but considering the duty increment, I seriously feel its going to be priced around Rs. 5 lakhs. In that case, I'll blindly go for the Punto, albeit the bad servicing of Fiat. PG handling totally takes it away!

Note from Mod : Team-BHP's VW Polo Testdrive report has been uploaded at this linky. Please continue the discussion over on that thread.

This thread = closed.

Last edited by GTO : 27th February 2010 at 00:58. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread