Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th July 2016, 19:58   #226
BHPian

Default Re: Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSi on Team-BHP. EDIT : Now with 300 BHP on tap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
I always wanted to get black interiors for the car as I hate beige. Unfortunately, in 2010 when I got the car, beige was the only option.
Hey Robimahanta, did you ever look into swapping interior parts with a Laura VRS? Because I know that the VRS came with a black interior. I am also looking into turning my interior to black, so I was just wondering what would be the best way to go about it. I would also appreciate it if you could PM me the costs of dyeing an interior black. I PM'ed you but didn't receive a response. Thanks!
jalajprakash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 11:14   #227
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSi on Team-BHP. EDIT : Now with 300 BHP on tap!

How is the car doing @Robi? Long time no update. Do you still have the car and use it regularly? Have things been reliable after such an aggressive remap to 300 BHP? What about oil consumption?

Mine has done 45000KM in 6.5 years and is absolutely stock. We were contemplating a drive to Kochi and that reminded me of Petes and your car

Last edited by Eddy : 30th September 2016 at 11:34. Reason: typo
anandpadhye is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 17:13   #228
afg

Default Remapping Skoda Laura 1.8TSI

Hi

I own a 2011 Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI (manual gears) which has done 48,000 kms. Driving the car is pure joy and always brings a smile to my face even now.

I was wondering if it is worth going for Pete's stage 1 remapping. I believe the power is increased from 160 to 200bhp. Will this make substantial difference? I also wanted to understand the downsides to the modification i.e will the stock turbo, brakes, suspension be able to support the additional power. Can it cause any damage to the car? I was reading somewhere on this forum that acceleration becomes jerky between a certain power band due to the remapping. Is this a common problem?

I have done a search on this site, but thought if would be good to get your inputs all in one place.

Really appreciate your help and thoughts
afg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 08:11   #229
BHPian

A friend of mine has got his Laura 1.8TSI built in Bangalore at 300hp with all supporting mods.
Car is mental and the drama in 2 and 3 gears is just out of the world for a FWD.
#enzowho is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 09:56   #230
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Remapping Skoda Laura 1.8TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by afg View Post
Hi

I own a 2011 Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI (manual gears) which has done 48,000 kms. Driving the car is pure joy and always brings a smile to my face even now.

I was wondering if it is worth going for Pete's stage 1 remapping. I believe the power is increased from 160 to 200bhp. Will this make substantial difference? I also wanted to understand the downsides to the modification i.e will the stock turbo, brakes, suspension be able to support the additional power. Can it cause any damage to the car? I was reading somewhere on this forum that acceleration becomes jerky between a certain power band due to the remapping. Is this a common problem?

I have done a search on this site, but thought if would be good to get your inputs all in one place.

Really appreciate your help and thoughts
Why Petes? Being in Mumbai you can go for even Revo or APR if you don't want an Indian tuner like Tune O Tronics. But with a TSI you definitely need a remap, otherwise you are missing out on all the fun. I had a remap on my vrs for over 50k kms and it ran beautifully.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote