Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th February 2010, 21:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

TheBeast, thanks for correcting. The Civics and Citys with same colour names and models confused me. Silver colour has been chosen and the dealership has been requested to hold a car with stock Michelins.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 21:30   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Congratulations on your new City.

We too have a person who owns the same colour (S MT) in our colony.
I have to say that this colour is classy, but I have seen very few takers for this shade in east Delhi.
Thanks a lot!!! you hold very high regards in my heart and I guess it is same for all TBHPians.

The color was my wife's choice, she advised her brother to buy same color in his indica vista as well.

My favorite was 'Bold Beige Metallic', but now I have started loving this color more, specially in night it gives a bluish look which looks very classy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
congrats on both the car & the job!! surprised you made the last minute switch from the fiesta to the city!! nice write up!! congratulations again!! happy motoring

you probably need a new handle @ BHP now!!
Thanks buddy, I wont go for a new handle I am more than happy with the current one and moreover the short name 'TBF' given by many members .

Fiesta still and will always hold a special place in my heart.
TheBeastFieast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 21:35   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
TheBeast, thanks for correcting. The Civics and Citys with same colour names and models confused me. Silver colour has been chosen and the dealership has been requested to hold a car with stock Michelins.
Just cross check with dealership for the stock tyres, In my case Jan'10 models were having Michlean but the dealership couldn't hold one for 20+ days and then I had seen around 7-8 Feb'10 models, all with MRF as stock.

There is a difference of around INR1000/- per tyres for exchange.
Old 18th February 2010, 21:53   #34
BHPian

Default Price Break-Up

Here is the final price break-up I have paid.

9,58,000 Ex Showroom
0,20,488 Insurance after deducting 25% NCB from old car
0,15,230 Registration (RTO + Road Tax), seems Haryana has the lowest
0,09,500 Illuminated Side step garnish
0,04,500 Backup Parking Sensors
0,00,600 Body Coloured Mud Guards
0,02,100 Sports Paddle
0,04,300 3M Anti-rust Treatment
------------------------------------------------------------------------
10,14,718 Total
-0,10,000 Discount
10,04,718 Final Price
00,12,000 Tyres Upgrade to Michlean Primacy LC 195/60R15
10,16,718 Invested till now

Note: I know dealership has charged me extra on accessories might be around 4-5 K, but I feel its almost common across country, In some cities they are charging up to 6K for essential Kit which I got in free.

I term this extra charges as a nominal fee for future support, this makes the salesman happy and I am already experiencing, he is giving me extra attention.

Essential Kit (Free):
  • Spare Tyre, Jack, Security Triangle, First Aid-Kit
Free Bees:
  • Honda Cushions
  • Neck Pillows (AutoForm)
  • Floor Mats
  • Body Cover
  • Ambipure Air Freshener.
Old 19th February 2010, 13:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Bang on!!!, That mean you know me, please meet me sometime, it would be great to meet another TBHPian in person
Unfortunately no, I don't know you. But yes I would love to meet you and obviously I am at same company and location (I'm in Tower E 5th Floor).

I made calculated guess because I saw your city at the parking and knowing the trends about people leaving from here and going in next lane to join XBX (Only they have recruitment going on for Bangalore and Noida locations for PM group). (I can apply for Sherlock Holmes role )

Sent you PM with my id if wanna meet sometime.
humans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 17:46   #36
BHPian

Default First Tank To Tank Average

I know all of us are always interested in knowing the average of any car, here comes my first using Tank to Tank method:

KMs : 310
Fuel : 29.8
Avg : 10.4 KM / Ltr.
Car's Meter showing avg as : 12.5

Difference between car's method and manual method = 2.1 KM.

We know the car's meter is showing around 1 KM difference in average, another 1 could be due to upgrade to wider tyres? Experts can comment on that part.

I will update more on this with future tank to tank method.

Note: This average includes a traffic jam of 300mtr. consuming more than 75 min. during which car's meter decreased from 13.6 to 12.8
Old 19th February 2010, 17:55   #37
BANNED

congrates buddy,
i get an average of fuel consuption of about 17.1km/l on drive to delhi from ludhiana(just highway) and in local delhi i got 15.5km/l and in ludhaina i get 16.2 km/l which is my daily drive including 60%highway and 40% local. with all time AC on.
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 18:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
I know all of us are always interested in knowing the average of any car, here comes my first using Tank to Tank method:

KMs : 310
Fuel : 29.8
Avg : 10.4 KM / Ltr.
Car's Meter showing avg as : 12.5

Difference between car's method and manual method = 2.1 KM.

We know the car's meter is showing around 1 KM difference in average, another 1 could be due to upgrade to wider tyres? Experts can comment on that part.

I will update more on this with future tank to tank method.
I do similar calculations on my ANHC and have got mileage figures ranging between 11.1 and 11.7 kmpl by tank to tank method.

I observed that the car's meter shows somewhat realistic(or close to real) figures when one runs the car till the 'Low Fuel' indicator glows(in yellow) before re-filling the tank.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 18:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
I observed that the car's meter shows somewhat realistic(or close to real) figures when one runs the car till the 'Low Fuel' indicator glows(in yellow) before re-filling the tank.
I agree with Kalyan, I have also noticed this several times.
off late i have stopped noting down the ODO readings when i fuel up the tank.

it is simply fill it, shut it, forget it, drive it gets empty.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 18:31   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
I do similar calculations on my ANHC and have got mileage figures ranging between 11.1 and 11.7 kmpl by tank to tank method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I agree with Kalyan, I have also noticed this several times.
off late i have stopped noting down the ODO readings when i fuel up the tank.

it is simply fill it, shut it, forget it, drive it gets empty.
Thanks Guys, next time I will wait till 'Low Fuel' indicator glows and will update.

I know this excitement will be over once it clock 1000/2000 KMs.
Old 19th February 2010, 19:46   #41
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot buddy!

I think that the city is quite a photogenic car, with a right background, it looks very stunning in polished metal, like some pics below, courtesy paultan.org.

And some more pics of your new ride with wider tyres?
Attached Thumbnails
This Valentine: My Wife's gift to me - The ANHC VAT (Polished Metallic)-2009hondacitytestdrivereview024.jpg  

This Valentine: My Wife's gift to me - The ANHC VAT (Polished Metallic)-2009hondacitytestdrivereview025.jpg  

This Valentine: My Wife's gift to me - The ANHC VAT (Polished Metallic)-2009hondacitytestdrivereview042.jpg  

This Valentine: My Wife's gift to me - The ANHC VAT (Polished Metallic)-2009hondacitytestdrivereview044.jpg  

This Valentine: My Wife's gift to me - The ANHC VAT (Polished Metallic)-2009hondacitytestdrivereview052.jpg  

This Valentine: My Wife's gift to me - The ANHC VAT (Polished Metallic)-2009hondacitytestdrivereview056.jpg  

This Valentine: My Wife's gift to me - The ANHC VAT (Polished Metallic)-2009hondacitytestdrivereview062.jpg  

sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 20:17   #42
BHPian

Smile

Quote:

Note:
By the time ANHC saga started I forgot about the job change and its relationship with my owning the new automobiles but seems destiny had other plans for me and the very next day of booking ANHC I got a lucrative job offer but position was in Bangalore which I humbly denied (I have been in Delhi-NCR for last 10 years). But destiny, it always has its share; the very same company offered the Noida location on 12th Feb which I grabbed with both hands. I will be joining them by mid of Apr’10.
Lucky car eh?
Congrats on your car man. You have grabbed a very special set of wheels.
BTW, now you have to take care of your wife and GF both at the same time.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 20:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update TBF. We're also thinking of getting the Modulo Grill, but I found some nice looking Mugen grills on the net. Lets see.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 14:58   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I would like to thank TBHP and its starters from bottom of my heart, Also many thanks to all who are sharing and contributing.

Last but not the least are the initial owners of ANHC who are still sharing their rich experience.

The reviews and experiences from the oldies (i mean by owning ANHC) like 'Guna', 'Netarchi', 'Skywalker', 'Starvega' to new ones like 'kalyan_hyd' are just too great.
Congrats friend for the new car.Excellent write up.Please continue to update.

I am also thankful to Team Bhp for helping me to make the right decision.The frequent updates on team Bhp helped me to buy the car before the price rise in April 2009.

Bit disappointed that you didnot find my thread on ANHC.May be the name of the thread was not striking.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...swift-vdi.html (Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi))

Last edited by Mevtec : 20th February 2010 at 15:00.
Mevtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 16:21   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
Congrats friend for the new car.Excellent write up.Please continue to update.

I am also thankful to Team Bhp for helping me to make the right decision.The frequent updates on team Bhp helped me to buy the car before the price rise in April 2009.

Bit disappointed that you didnot find my thread on ANHC.May be the name of the thread was not striking.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...swift-vdi.html (Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi))
No way, how one can miss your thread, actually I named just few whose threads I saw in the very beginning and if I am not wrong they were the early owners as well.

But each and every thread of TBHP contributes and helps other.