Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th April 2010, 11:29   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Weren't you provided with Honda Floor Mats at the time of purchase, most of the dealers provide them as free accessories. The one I am provided with are of very good quality and they say it wont catch fire even if a burning cigarette is dropped (though I don't smoke and don't allow anyone inside car)

The other accessory is Dicky rubber mat, I forgot to negotiate on that during deal finalization, Now I am searching for it in after market.
The one provided by Honda is the fabric type mats and gets dirty easily and difficult to maintain. The need for rubber mats is essential. I am also looking one for the dicky. Currently I have the rubber mats bought in Reliance Autozone, however it is a set of 4 mats only (doesn't include the rear central hump) and I find them out of size. I enquired in Hotracks as well as the dealer, it seems they have an imported mat which is custom made for each car and costs about 4.5K-6K. I don't see a value in investing so much for the mats.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 14:56   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
I was eager to get the "Kit Rubber Mat" and when I enquired with 2 dealers in Bangalore, they tell me that it has been discontinued. The problem that I have with off market rubber foot mats is that you get only 4 mats and they don't fit properly. Any idea if it is really discontinued and any other better mats available?
Same here, I called-up the Honda showroom and spoke with the parts in-charge. I was informed that Honda has officially discontinued supplying 'Kit rubber mat' after receiving complaints from some customers that they made the accelerator/ brake pedals to stick under extreme hot conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Weren't you provided with Honda Floor Mats at the time of purchase, most of the dealers provide them as free accessories.
I was given fabric ones just like Jayanth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
I enquired in Hotracks as well as the dealer, it seems they have an imported mat which is custom made for each car and costs about 4.5K-6K. I don't see a value in investing so much for the mats.
Those are some expensive mats there.

I am doing with the transparent ones bought over at Reliance Autozone. Though the rear ones are smaller in size with no cover for center bump as you mentioned, the front ones decently cover most of the used area. My car usually has occupants in the front only, maintenance thus hasn't been an issue yet.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 21:58   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Same here, I called-up the Honda showroom and spoke with the parts in-charge. I was informed that Honda has officially discontinued supplying 'Kit rubber mat' after receiving complaints from some customers that they made the accelerator/ brake pedals to stick under extreme hot conditions.

I was given fabric ones just like Jayanth.

Those are some expensive mats there.

I am doing with the transparent ones bought over at Reliance Autozone. Though the rear ones are smaller in size with no cover for center bump as you mentioned, the front ones decently cover most of the used area. My car usually has occupants in the front only, maintenance thus hasn't been an issue yet.
I had Bought transparent rubber mat from honda and returned them next day, after complaining to honda customer service about how inferior the quality of mats they supply.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 22:21   #109
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Music Sytem

Quote:
Just got the call from spare part in-charge that sport paddle I ordered are arrived.

During installation of sports paddle, salesman showed me a very good feature of music system.

Press 'Up' (also marked with return sign) + 'Down' (Marked with Play) + Power Button simultaneously the screen will show 'DIAG' then press the 'Next' button it will start showing 'VSP 0'.

After this if you drive the car it will start showing car speed in digital.

I am guessing this puts the music system in diagnostic mode and a lot of information can be displayed on music system's screen, like engine temp.

Does anyone knows about it more in detail.
Hi I tried the above as suggested. The display started showing the speed of the car in km/hr. I pressed the other buttons but the display would not change and continued to show the car speed.

The disadvantage of the same is that you cannot play any music simultaneously. I then switched of the system and we were back to the original setting. Good for trying out as a novelty factor.
amidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 09:23   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi I tried the above as suggested. The display started showing the speed of the car in km/hr. I pressed the other buttons but the display would not change and continued to show the car speed.

The disadvantage of the same is that you cannot play any music simultaneously. I then switched of the system and we were back to the original setting. Good for trying out as a novelty factor.
Same here.

I even tried previous instead of next just to see if it can give any other details but none.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 10:32   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Same here.

I even tried previous instead of next just to see if it can give any other details but none.
I found some more things as mentioned below. I am sure you noticed them but perhaps ignored the ugly display on hitting previous in DIAG mode.

@TheBeastFieast: Sorry for hijacking your thread but since this is where the discussion pertaining to DIAG mode started, I thought it was apt to post my findings here:

The first point mentioned below is the same as what @TheBeastFieast quoted, the rest are what I dug-up in my investigation:

Press 'Up' (also marked with return sign) + 'Down' (Marked with Play) + Power Button simultaneously the screen will show 'DIAG', hence putting the music system on hold and starting the diagnostic mode. After this, if you follow with one of the following steps, you will see different diag behaviors:

1. Press the 'Next' button it will start showing 'VSP 0'. VSP meaning 'Vehicle Speed' in kmph shown in a digital format. This will continue until you restart the car or switch off the power to the music system. The disadvantage being that only one of the music system or the Vehicle speed display can be used at a time.

2. Once in DIAG mode, if you press the 'PREVIOUS' button, all indicators on the music system display and panel with glow up. This mode is to test if all the functions/ indicators of the panel are proper or not. This mode will be active as long as the car is running or until one toggles power to the music system.

3. Once in 'DIAG' mode, press 'MENU' and the display will start showing 'SW OFF'.
Now pressing any button on that panel will show information on what function the button pressed would perform.
Like :
a. Increasing the volume displays 'Vol +'
b. Decreasing the volume displays 'Vol -'
c. AM/ FM button press will display 'AM/FM'
d. Down(marked with play) will display 'PLAY'

I tried hitting all buttons on that panel and it gives me info on what that button would do for a brief while and then the display goes back to showing 'SW OFF'. This continues until one toggles the power to the music system.
Old 9th April 2010, 10:46   #112
BHPian

Quote:
I found some more things as mentioned below. I am sure you noticed them but perhaps ignored the ugly display on hitting previous in DIAG mode.

@TheBeastFieast: Sorry for hijacking your thread but since this is where the discussion pertaining to DIAG mode started, I thought it was apt to post my findings here:

The first point mentioned below is the same as what @TheBeastFieast quoted, the rest are what I dug-up in my investigation:

Press 'Up' (also marked with return sign) + 'Down' (Marked with Play) + Power Button simultaneously the screen will show 'DIAG', hence putting the music system on hold and starting the diagnostic mode. After this, if you follow with one of the following steps, you will see different diag behaviors:

1. Press the 'Next' button it will start showing 'VSP 0'. VSP meaning 'Vehicle Speed' in kmph shown in a digital format. This will continue until you restart the car or switch off the power to the music system. The disadvantage being that only one of the music system or the Vehicle speed display can be used at a time.

2. Once in DIAG mode, if you press the 'PREVIOUS' button, all indicators on the music system display and panel with glow up. This mode is to test if all the functions/ indicators of the panel are proper or not. This mode will be active as long as the car is running or until one toggles power to the music system.

3. Once in 'DIAG' mode, press 'MENU' and the display will start showing 'SW OFF'.
Now pressing any button on that panel will show information on what function the button pressed would perform.
Like :

I tried hitting all buttons on that panel and it gives me info on what that button would do for a brief while and then the display goes back to showing 'SW OFF'. This continues until one toggles the power to the music system.
This is nice info, full details of all hidden functionalities in our Honda HU. Thanks.
Old 9th April 2010, 10:49   #113
BHPian

I have a feeling that more button combination would be there, I would try to dig more with my salesman / service engineers, might be its already attached to OBD port and can reveal more details about engine.
TheBeastFieast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 10:52   #114
BHPian

Quote:

Like :

Cool Kalyan,

When I saw all those graphics with "PREVIOUS" option, was reluctant to explore further.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 10:55   #115
BHPian

Quote:
I have a feeling that more button combination would be there, I would try to dig more with my salesman / service engineers, might be its already attached to OBD port and can reveal more details about engine.
Salesman/Service engineers might not be so useful. I had asked about what music system our ANHC has, to sales and service team at whitefield honda. They were not able to find the answer, then i called Honda customer care. After 1 week i got answer it does not have any specific brand, but its assembled by Mitsubishi.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:19   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Did you tried using the rotary knob might be it will give 'SW ON' and some more diagnostics, I will give it a try today evening.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:00   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Did you tried using the rotary knob might be it will give 'SW ON' and some more diagnostics, I will give it a try today evening.
Do you mean the volume knob? When I try turning it clock-wise, it shows 'Vol+' and when I turn it anti-clock wise, it shows 'Vol-' in the display and then the display goes back to 'SW OFF'.
Old 22nd July 2010, 22:09   #118
BHPian

Default 5 Months Update

Updating the thread after a very long time, some updates.

Total time of ownership : 5 Months+

Total KM : 4300+

Long Trips :
  1. Home town Gwalior, 300 KM one side.
  2. Delhi - Naineetal - Delhi

In City Average:
  • With no consideration that is driving the way I want (spirited), the worst it gives is 8.5KM.
  • With relaxed driving and occasionally above 3500 RPM for overtaking 10KM

* Remember I have a VAT and have upgraded tires to 195/60R15 profile.

Highway Average: Not enough data to calculate / comment on that.
Old 28th July 2010, 18:46   #119
BHPian

Default Effect on FE of Driving Style

I am just into my 6th month of ANHC VAT and already witnessed 3 different phases:

1.) Initially run-in of car: For first approx. 2000 KM I was very gentle as it was new and for me it was big car. The avg. i got during this time was around 9.5KMPL.

2.) My run-in period or so called Spirited period: Post 2000KM I was very bad with it, was running it like anything. Sudden acceleration, redlining in 2nd gear at speed of 85 in 'D' mode, using 'S' mode and kind of street racing. During all this time the avg. dropped to 8.5kmpl

3.) Relaxed mode or My Natural Mode: Post 4200KM mark and after testing the car almost by all mean, now i know its potential. Now I am driving it the way I normally drive, which is >90% relaxed and <10% spirited for overtaking, enjoying some fast peppy song etc. During this time my AVG is:
  • In-City : 10.5kmpl
  • Highway: 16+kmpl (just finished approx 400KM of highway drive in a day).
My Relaxed mode:
  • In-City: around 50kmpl and slowing down before any approaching speed breaker, traffic condition, downshifting manually. on open road just touching 60kmpl.
  • Highway: 'D' mode and let car decide the speed and in this manner its normally at 110km at 2200RPM.
Old 26th August 2010, 18:51   #120
BHPian

Default 6 Months, 5000 KM, 3rd Service Update

Today my ANHC VAT got it's 3rd free service done. Total cost INR 972 which includes oil change, filter change, wiper fluid and battery water.

Post service I dont find any change in driving, the washing and cleaning is of average quality. My car cleaner person cleans and washes it better.

Mostly I am driving it within city and mostly on weekends only as i use office cab for office transport.

The city average is settled down at 10kmpl.

I will be on vacation in first week of sept'10, planning to take it on some highway long distance trip.

This is the best thing happened post ANHC, now after every 1-2 month i look for some chance to go on highway and long distance trip, whereas till my Zen days i was not liking to travel long distance for at least 6 month after I complete one.