Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th February 2010, 21:55   #46
BHPian

congrats brother !

it is a great vehicle. You could have waited for the all new safari coming up from the tata stable or the new suv form the mahindra stable in a few months.

again, things done are done and this too has its pros. its a well tried and tested vehicle and you seriously will love it.

not to forget, a hearty welcome to the safari league !

Last edited by arijit.co.in : 24th February 2010 at 22:03. Reason: forgot to welcome him to the safari league !
arijit.co.in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 06:53   #47
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit.co.in View Post
congrats brother !

it is a great vehicle. You could have waited for the all new safari coming up from the tata stable or the new suv form the mahindra stable in a few months.

again, things done are done and this too has its pros. its a well tried and tested vehicle and you seriously will love it.

not to forget, a hearty welcome to the safari league !
Thanks arijit. As far as I know, there is no "All New Safari" coming this year, may be, in 2011 or 2012. I dont know if you are referring to "Aria" which should be out to marker in 2Q, 2010. But, I am not much interested in it.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 07:38   #48
BANNED

Mate , The vehicle looks fantastic. It's a real beast. Post few more pictures of the interior.
roadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 00:30   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Thanks arijit. As far as I know, there is no "All New Safari" coming this year, may be, in 2011 or 2012. I dont know if you are referring to "Aria" which should be out to marker in 2Q, 2010. But, I am not much interested in it.

Prem.
not the aria brother. aria, i hate it. the all new safari is already caught being tested on roads so must be only a few months.
nevertheless, have a great time with your beast.
Old 2nd March 2010, 18:27   #50
BHPian

Received the TBHP stickers y'day and updated photos with it here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1760992 (Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car)

Prem.
Old 6th March 2010, 21:30   #51
BHPian

Prem,
I am in a similar mess with Concorde. I booked the GX 2010 4X4 on 6th of Feb and till date they are not being able to commit a firm date.
They gave me the number of the regional procurement person <one Mr. Guruprasad> and he says that the factory has not responded clearly yet. Any suggestions/contacts for getting a better picture? I am desperately trying to avoid the increase in excise and road tax.
Bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 21:52   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bose View Post
Prem,
I am in a similar mess with Concorde. I booked the GX 2010 4X4 on 6th of Feb and till date they are not being able to commit a firm date.
They gave me the number of the regional procurement person <one Mr. Guruprasad> and he says that the factory has not responded clearly yet. Any suggestions/contacts for getting a better picture? I am desperately trying to avoid the increase in excise and road tax.

now, thats indeed a pathetic experience you are being through. 1 month already over and not even the delivery date is confirmed ?

I had booked mines GX 4x4 on 27th December and the vehicle was ready for delivery on 8th January 2010 (perfectly as promised).

This is just too much of time being taken by Concorde. I would suggest you cancel the booking and catch hold of a better dealer.

If you are negative on cancellation of booking and rather prefer waiting, don't by any means give him the Delivery Order (D.O) of the financer before the vehicle is ready for delivery.
Old 6th March 2010, 22:23   #53
BHPian

Arijit,
This unfortunately is a Bangalore wide issue. This procurement person is the regional Tata rep and every dealer will have to go through him. What I need is some possible contact in Pune who can validate if the order is in place. I somehow am getting a feeling that TATA is trying to push the deliveries out to April so that they can make the extra money
Old 6th March 2010, 23:00   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Arijit,
This unfortunately is a Bangalore wide issue. This procurement person is the regional Tata rep and every dealer will have to go through him. What I need is some possible contact in Pune who can validate if the order is in place. I somehow am getting a feeling that TATA is trying to push the deliveries out to April so that they can make the extra money

That may as well be the case but then, if you have booked your vehicle with the minimum invoice amount, they ought to give you a chasis, and engine number. So, why7 don't you ask the dealer to give you your vehicle's VIN number.

If he is not able to provide you so, your vehicle is not yet booked in Tata Motors. Its not yet ready in the factory.

Regarding the increment in price, if you have booked your vehicle with the invoice amount, you are not supposed to be charged anything extra other than the price you have booked your vehicle at the time of booking. However, any form of increment in Direct taxes such as Road Tax will have to be borne by you if they are applicable at the time you get the vehicle registered.
Old 7th March 2010, 07:20   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Prem,
I understand. This is a good amount of delay and this should NOT happen at all. Even if the vehicle has to be manufactured, it should NOT take more than 1 month time. Thats my understanding when I went through a whole lot of TATA process during my Safari purchase. I will PM you the netx higher authority eMail Id and I am sure, he would help you.

Btw, whats the color that you chose in GX and who is the sales-rep (Srinivas or Ashok or ....) ? I am assuming you are dealing with Dairy circle branch of CM.

Quote:
I had booked mines GX 4x4 on 27th December and the vehicle was ready for delivery on 8th January 2010 (perfectly as promised).

This is just too much of time being taken by Concorde. I would suggest you cancel the booking and catch hold of a better dealer.
If it took only 1 week for your vehicle delivery, then, yours was available in plant readily and they just had to ship it out. So, yours is totally a different case.
Cancelling the booking is not going to help here. KHT in Bangalore already in bad-shape as far as I know. So, its better to stay with Concorde being a TATA direct dealership though they work (somewhat) like a government organization.

Quote:
Arijit,
True, no point in switching the dealership. I would say, wait, but make sure to lock the final pricing.

Quote:
That may as well be the case but then, if you have booked your vehicle with the minimum invoice amount, they ought to give you a chasis, and engine number. So, why7 don't you ask the dealer to give you your vehicle's VIN number.

If he is not able to provide you so, your vehicle is not yet booked in Tata Motors. Its not yet ready in the factory.

Regarding the increment in price, if you have booked your vehicle with the invoice amount, you are not supposed to be charged anything extra other than the price you have booked your vehicle at the time of booking. However, any form of increment in Direct taxes such as Road Tax will have to be borne by you if they are applicable at the time you get the vehicle registered.
VIN can be given to customer only when the vehicle is ready to marched in from the plant (meaning, put in queue for shipment). I tried the same in Dec 2009 to lock the price with the "Free" insurance offer saying that get me the VIN as soon as Plant starts manufacturing and working on chasis, etc ... They had a point here - Only after all the QC's that they perform, it would be invoiced to the concerned dealer and then ready for marching in. Only then, the dealer can lock in the price.
Any price change till the point vehicle is marching in for shipment, will be on the purchaser. Its not going to be the same price as that of "booking" time.
However, in this case (like Arjit mentionted above), the KA registration and VAT is increasing. So, this price hike can also be NOT effected (or locked in the dealer) since this pricing would be on the RTO receipt. So, this can not be avoided.

Bose, Dont worry, I will PM you the further contacts. You should get better help. If you are willing to share your personal or contact number, PM me. I can try helping here.

Prem.

Last edited by kaviprem : 7th March 2010 at 07:26.
Old 7th March 2010, 09:17   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This is not true my friend. You pay the price in effect when your vehicle is invoiced. The vehicle can be invoiced only after the factory gives the chasis/engine number.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 09:51   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, looks like we are hijacking the thread - discussing general delivery issues instead of Kaviprem's Safari.
Quote:
Bose : .. I somehow am getting a feeling that TATA is trying to push the deliveries out to April so that they can make the extra money
@Bose, doesnt really have to be so : getting vehicles out in March will help TM to show some more sales in this FY, and this is important for them too. Also, delays in delivery may translate into lost sales (cusomters going to competitors).
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 09:56   #58
BHPian

looking forward for the full fledged report.pls post them soon
vigneshram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 15:14   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Thanks TSK, JSK & HappyWheels, I will follow your suggestions and observe more.

HappyWheels, My TING sound - I can actually fell and hear it whenever I press. I dont think this should be any major issue, will check it out this weekend.

Prem.
Congrats and dont worry, just drive normally and this can be taken care during the first checkup(if persists), a bleed of the clutch lines would help.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 19:55   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, looks like we are hijacking the thread - discussing general delivery issues instead of Kaviprem's Safari.@Bose, doesnt really have to be so : getting vehicles out in March will help TM to show some more sales in this FY, and this is important for them too. Also, delays in delivery may translate into lost sales (cusomters going to competitors).

Right, let us get back to Prem's report. I will post my experience once I get my hands on the black beast. Prem, I booked a quartz black one.
It is an excruciating wait to say the least

Last edited by theMAG : 8th March 2010 at 08:38. Reason: Removing FONT tags. Please do not copy-paste from a document editor