Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th February 2011, 18:47   #136
Senior - BHPian

Angry Look - My nano has a 3+1 GearBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
looks like you are using it as a long distance touring car which is not exactly what it was designed for.
^^ Yes, had a Indigo CS TDI exactly for the same use. Did 40K under 2 years, banged her over a 1foot boulder in the middle of the GQ at night - sold it after repairs. Did not want to buy the next car in EMI, so saving up for the next sedan.

Anyways... back to nano, time to update the thread with another bad news...

I was driving back home from office a hour ago, and after a tiny overtake maneuver i slot from 3 - 4 - Whirrrrrr - the RPM raised to its limits, car started to slow down... Luckily had the entire 2 lanes for me, and no fast moving guy behind. Came back to neutral, and back to 4th - Nothing happened!!

I suspected clutch burn out... but did not have any fore warnings of it. Tried 3rd, it worked. Pulled over, 1-2-3 worked, Reverse worked too - except for 4th!

I suspect the cable system is cut somewhere, nursed the car back home in 3rd, good it can go till 60KmPh~ in 3rd. Time to visit TaSS tommorow!!

svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 19:29   #137
BHPian

Default Re: 600Km round trip - Hosur-Virajpet(Kodagu)-Hosur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Nice to see the car holding up well, but looks like you are using it as a long distance touring car which is not exactly what it was designed for.
Looks like you are doing what we term as "load testing" in software industry. Oh Boy...I am hooked to your thread owing to my curiousity for Nano.
headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 23:17   #138
BHPian

Default re: Tata Nano CX - 20000 Kms

@svsantosh: Congrats on the car crossing 11k mark. Hope all your repairs are done in a good manner. It seems your enjoying the car! 11K in one year is grreeattt!!! My car is 6 months old now and has just touched the 3K mark! Btw, how do you rate the TATA A.S.S? And i would like to know one thing. Do you have any dent in the running board on the either sides as a result of the car being in the ramp? After the second service, I identified this and reported this to Kulathunkal Motors and the SA says this is common to all Nano cars, which seemed to be true, after my inspection of other cars. But there are no dents on other TATA/FIAT cars!! I lodged a complaint against this after talking to them as i do not want my car to be damaged after a service! The bad part is that there seems to be rust after the paint was chopped off as a result of this!!! This worries me! Please do check your car when time permits and let me/us know! Thanks.
Cheers!!
freakmuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 15:14   #139
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 600Km round trip - Hosur-Virajpet(Kodagu)-Hosur

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Looks like you are doing what we term as "load testing" in software industry. Oh Boy...I am hooked to your thread owing to my curiousity for Nano.
^^^ Very true.

@santosh: I think Tata should give you a free Nano for testing.
I always believed Nano was a city car, but this thread has changed my perspective to a certain extent.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 16:50   #140
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the back to back post:
Quick question, Santosh: I am looking for a car for my wife where my kid (2 year old) can sit behind in a child seat. Primarily used for city runs.

Does Nano fit this requirement? Do I need anything to fit the child car seat?
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 00:42   #141
BHPian

simple logic ...when IG on it checks the fuel level at long periods. 30 sec. or more. But when IG off to on it takes its first reading immediately and thereafter its periodic cycle begins.
ramesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 21:56   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
how do you rate the TATA A.S.S
Generally they live upto the last 3 alphabets of the above quote, but my policy is get personal, dont look at them as a service provider, and they stop looking at you as a customer - I always go with a over positive mindset and try for a win-win case...

Quote:
And i would like to know one thing. Do you have any dent in the running board on the either sides as a result of the car being in the ramp?
Clear case of damage by the driver inside garage - see, they upto the last 3 alphabets... raise your concern and get it fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
but this thread has changed my perspective to a certain extent.
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am looking for a car for my wife where my kid (2 year old) can sit behind in a child seat. Primarily used for city runs.
Does Nano fit this requirement? Do I need anything to fit the child car seat?
Any car would fit the bill perfectly. Especially suited for women drivers coz the high seating and SHORT front, good for city use...

I think you need to 1st ask the seat maker what is needed to fasten the child seat - if it is just a seat belt, than I think it will work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
But when IG off to on it takes its first reading immediately and thereafter its periodic cycle begins.
You missed to quote, I think you were trying to reply to the Odo meter question... thx...

-----------------------------------------

BAD Update -- The gear cable is intact, gear is slotting into 4th, but power is not output from the Gearbox. Looks like a big issue, wait for more update...

Last edited by svsantosh : 20th February 2011 at 21:58.
Old 27th February 2011, 22:50   #143
Senior - BHPian

Some issue with syncro rings or some thing like that inside the GB. Still awaiting the parts to arrive. 8 days and counting...

Ps - Still the TASS has no clue about the 4 year warranty. They are not sure whether it is blanket across ALL old/new nanos or only new cars OR can they sell it...!!
Old 4th March 2011, 21:02   #144
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy re: Tata Nano CX - 20000 Kms

The 200Rs was a eye wash, more like parking charges for the TWO weeks the nano spent at the TASS for a GB overhaul...!!

This car has potential to be the road side mechanics DREAM, look at the spare costs of the so-called vital and expensive GB parts!!

At this rate, I am wondering what the local branded spares would start costing - that is of course after this car sells a lot...

Tata Nano CX - 20000 Kms-santosh-dl1.jpg

Last edited by svsantosh : 4th March 2011 at 21:04.
Old 5th March 2011, 11:42   #145
Senior - BHPian

They have also done a lot of Updation, apart from rectiying the Gear problem.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 18:10   #146
Senior - BHPian

The Nano GB is manufactured by Kinetic Motors. Theier quality alwasys left a lot to be desired.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 20:12   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Some issue with syncro rings or some thing like that inside the GB. Still awaiting the parts to arrive. 8 days and counting...
Hi,
Any pictures of the disassembled GB?

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 23:05   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
They have also done a lot of Updation, apart from rectiying the Gear problem.
Yes, this is part of the fire protection upgrade plan. Didnt bother to ask them the specifics of 'kit'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
The Nano GB is manufactured by Kinetic Motors. Theier quality alwasys left a lot to be desired.
Oh, I didnt know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Any pictures of the disassembled GB?
No Da, I was so caught up in work didnt bother to go near the Tass. Besides they 'may' have declined a camera inside their premises, especially for a warranty claim.
Old 11th May 2011, 00:46   #149
BHPian

Fantastic thread! I am a newbie completely glued to your thread. I have a news to share my Nano is to be delivered this Saturday supper excited will surely give a ownership review.
MadTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 13:18   #150

hi santhosh. A small query. i believe u had taken your nano from TN and you are using the same to commute within bangalore. What are the formalities that are needed when we bring a TN registered vehilce for use within karnataka?

Thanks
rock* is offline   Reply With Quote