Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th May 2010, 23:21   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Could the brake fluid level be low? That light monitors that too!

Thanks. Today I got it filled at the Nano service station. The lights are OK. Thanks once again. Anyway, I am leaving it for its first service tomorrow and the guy said he would check everything once again.
RADHA VIJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 22:14   #92
Senior - BHPian

Default nano goes to Kollywood

Did a ~800Km round trip to Chennai and back. Got nearly 27 KMPL (Calculated for the onward trip on the GQ, cruising at 70KmPh all night along

Hosur-Chennai was done in just above 5:30Hours (320~ KMS), this was in night, with a few tea breaks. I couldn't go beyond 70Kmph due to sleep factor. So took it very easy.

Overall avg dropped to 20~Kmpl due to return journey. All rested from a good friday night's sleep - I put the engine thru her (possible) paces. 95-100Kmph was the average speed and I did Chennai-Hosur in slightly less than 4:30Hours with 1 tea break.

The tiny 2-pot doesnt like high revs, and any speed above the 70Green range (Per ODO) takes a big toll on the F.E.

Post this trip the odo stands at 4700~Kms and the clutch pedal play has increased Massively. Will be attended to in the 2nd service.

Also, a new issue is cropping up. On cranking the engine, on rare occasions - NOTHING Happens. May be the starter motor wiring is loose, or the Switch assy in the steering column is going kaput. Anyways - keeping my eyes and nose (!!) open for anything amiss...

Last edited by svsantosh : 6th June 2010 at 22:15.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 15:29   #93
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Also, a new issue is cropping up. On cranking the engine, on rare occasions - NOTHING Happens. May be the starter motor wiring is loose, or the Switch assy in the steering column is going kaput. Anyways - keeping my eyes and nose (!!) open for anything amiss...
My guess : the starter solenoid needs looking into. IIRC, its a weak spot with Nanos.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 22:59   #94
Senior - BHPian

The mileage figures are quite good. I would like your input about the headlamps, since you drove at night.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 17:48   #95
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Also, a new issue is cropping up. On cranking the engine, on rare occasions - NOTHING Happens.
The starter motor was changed under warranty in my friend's Nano for exactly the same complaint.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 20:11   #96
BHPian

Me too having the same issue, need to get it replaced.
Quote:
Hi,

The starter motor was changed under warranty in my friend's Nano for exactly the same complaint.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 23:26   #97
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
The mileage figures are quite good. I would like your input about the headlamps, since you drove at night.
Low beam - nothing too great to write about. It is barely bright, the high beam is better (used it only on desolate stretch's). Am thinking twice to upgrade to 100/130, because I need to upgrade the ENTIRE headlight wiring. I am sure the existing ones would just melt under the upgraded AMPS!!!

Quote:
Oh - not too good :( Let me see if my T@$$ will help me in this. How long did they take to procure the part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Me too having the same issue, need to get it replaced.
Ooops
Looks like we need a thread for 'Known nano issues'...
Old 11th June 2010, 02:52   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Low beam - nothing too great to write about. It is barely bright, the high beam is better (used it only on desolate stretch's). Am thinking twice to upgrade to 100/130, because I need to upgrade the ENTIRE headlight wiring. I am sure the existing ones would just melt under the upgraded AMPS!!!

Thanks for the clarification, appreciate it. Take a look at the wiring and the headlamp fuse. The fuse rating should give a good idea about what the electrical system might be able to handle.

Don't worry about your little car, it's going to be just fine.
Old 11th June 2010, 19:22   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Low beam - nothing too great to write about. It is barely bright, the high beam is better....
That's intriguing! I felt the low beam was nice and bright while the High Beam appeared as if it needs to be lifted a bit to illuminate more of the road ahead. As far as the brightness is concerned, I found it adequate though a little more brightness in high beam would have been welcome. Could it mean adjusting the beams will improve the lighting?

Quote:
Oh - not too good :( Let me see if my T@$$ will help me in this. How long did they take to procure the part?
The first time when it needed to be replaced due to 'loose contact' sort of trouble, they took 5 days to get it serviced by Lucas-TVS in Trivandrum. Which is 71 kms from Kollam, where my Tata Motors Service Center is.
The second time when it got burnt, I got a call from Lucas-TVS, Chennai asking details of the mishap. Thay sent a person from Chennai to inspect the vehicle the same day. He was there in Kollam Tata Motors Service Center with a new Starter motor the subsequent morning. I got delivery of my repaired Nano in the afternoon. That sure is some service!!!

Quote:
Ooops
Looks like we need a thread for 'Known nano issues'...
I'll second you on that.
kollamraja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 20:13   #100
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation 2nd service (IMPORTANT Update)

2nd service (IMPORTANT Update)

The free 2nd service (0Rs really) was nothing more than a nice water wash and clutch pedal adjustment, but -

The T@$$ replaced the FUEL pipe under warranty/unofficial recall. It would not appear on the Bill - but I was just informed verbally.

So, they did find a problem in the much publicized Mumbai fire'd nano?
Old 12th June 2010, 20:42   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADHA VIJAY View Post
It appears NANO has slight problems in its electronic display. Mine was showing breaks ON even after I had released both the brakes. Then about the clutch. There appears to be an idling problem and the engine stops quite often.
I too had the red lights flickering or staying on briefly. Turned out that it was a loose hand brake sensor switch causing it. I've never had any clutch problem or engine stalling while idling. I'm sure the 1st service will take care of that.

Rest assured, the Nano is going to give you lots of enjoyment.
Old 13th June 2010, 14:52   #102
BHPian

Default Inordinate delay between manufacturing and delivery

Hi svsantosh,

While you seem to have got your car hot off the assembly line, I wasn't so lucky.

Your car manufactured in Feb 2010 was delivered to you the same month.
My car manufactured in Nov 2009 reached me 4 months later in March 2010. And my brother's car manufactured a month earlier than mine reached him a month after I got mine!

I wrote to Tata Motors customer care about it. But after showing initial interest, now they don't even bother to reply.
Old 21st June 2010, 12:43   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kollamraja View Post
Hi svsantosh,

While you seem to have got your car hot off the assembly line, I wasn't so lucky.

Your car manufactured in Feb 2010 was delivered to you the same month.
My car manufactured in Nov 2009 reached me 4 months later in March 2010. And my brother's car manufactured a month earlier than mine reached him a month after I got mine!

I wrote to Tata Motors customer care about it. But after showing initial interest, now they don't even bother to reply.
Call me santosh...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1781795 (Finding the VIN & manufacturing date/year on Indian cars)

Mine is a 2009 car too. How did you come to learn your car is a NOV Model. Out TBHP VIN Guru (Wildon) cldnt decipher the month for me. So it is hopefully post June-09.

TATA Corporate email help - nothing surprising...
Old 7th August 2010, 23:20   #104
Senior - BHPian

Excessive Clutch Play Solved - All it needed was a visit to TASS and 10 minutes below the hood work.

Snapped a couple of pics below the just-to-burst monsoon cloud...

Tata Nano CX - 20000 Kms-dsc_0069.jpg

Tata Nano CX - 20000 Kms-dsc_0070.jpg
Old 8th August 2010, 00:15   #105
Senior - BHPian

^^ Glad to hear that the clutch is now working to your satisfaction. Below the hood means the back of the car? (pardon my ignorance, I haven't checked the internals of the Nano, assumed that since the engine was at the rear)

By the way, fantastic pictures. The colours match and the Nano with the hedlights on, looks great.