Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st May 2010, 13:36   #31
BHPian

Its been a while since the OP updated the thread. Nadim, would be great if you post your AT experience as a running report. Thanks in advance and belated congrats on the buy.
basilmabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 17:53   #32
BHPian

Hey Nadim and Divesh I would like to congratulate both of you on getting your new Cruze's.I know I am bit late but I just became a member of Team-bhp so sorry fot that.

I would like to ask Divesh about the problem which he faced regarding the automatic transmission box because even I've booked the same model (LTZ AT) and am expecting delivery withing a couple of days and I am a bit scared about the same.Did the problem occur again?
I own a Civic automatic since 4 years now and it has not given me a single problem and I am keeping my fingers crossed for the Cruze.
Thank you
I would love to hear back from you.
np23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 15:40   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Hey Nadim and Divesh I would like to congratulate both of you on getting your new Cruze's.I know I am bit late but I just became a member of Team-bhp so sorry fot that.

I would like to ask Divesh about the problem which he faced regarding the automatic transmission box because even I've booked the same model (LTZ AT) and am expecting delivery withing a couple of days and I am a bit scared about the same.Did the problem occur again?
I own a Civic automatic since 4 years now and it has not given me a single problem and I am keeping my fingers crossed for the Cruze.
Thank you
I would love to hear back from you.
Hey buddy, please do let us know about the switch from a Civic AT to a Cruze AT and how different do they feel? Im planning to make the switch myself and am wondering whether i should wait for the all new civic due in Jan,11? FE in Cruze is around 9km/l, so im really wondering how much money does one save by investing in a Diesel Rocket !
nik_kapur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 18:50   #34
BHPian

Heyy nik ,civic and cruze are very different to drive and both excel in their own fields ,the seating position of the cruze is up n high and I personally prefer it over the low slung seat of the civic,the gearboxes of both the cars are amazing and I would say the civics gearbox might be marginally better as per gear ratios are concerned but the fact that cruze is a 6 speed at it does help matters,I would rate it as 8.5/10 (civic) and 8/10(Cruze) but the cruze makes up for it with the extra power both in terms of brake horse power and torque!!The midrange of the cruze is simply unbelievable and the civic is nowhere near it .The Cruze's extra power also helps it achieve a top speed of 215kmph (I've done it personally on many occasions) where as the Civic at most after quite some effort manages 199 kmph (I've touched this) .
The Cruze dissapoints in bumper to bumper traffic as not only is the fuel effeciency very low for a diesel car but when he stereo is off then you do hear the engine inside at speeds upto 10kmph but after that its silent.My cruze is about 5times more nosier than the Civic in B2B traffic but at 200kmph it is the other way round, it is simply silent andd even my civic or accord are more nosier,dont know if this is common with diesel cars as this is my first diesel car.

Last edited by np23 : 17th November 2010 at 18:52.
np23 is offline   Reply With Quote