Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th February 2010, 20:42   #1
BHPian

Default The Rockstar Arrives: Cruze LTZ Automatic (Diamond White)

Reason to Choose Cruze: After Driving the Swift ZXi for nearly 5 years it was time for a change. This time I knew the car had to be Diesel & so the hunt began. The first Name that came to my mind was SKODA, so stared doing my research on the Octivia & the laura. Octivia had been around so was really considering the New Laura, but then the Chevrolet Cruze was announced with Manual Transmission & straight went to the dealer. The first Look was a WOW factor. It really looked Muscular & with the power & all the other features that came with it was a totally VFM. So decided to go with it as it was fitting right into my budget.

I booked the Manual Transmission (WHITE) on the 31st of October from Ashtavinayak Motors Mumbai. The expected delivery time was 4-5 weeks, which I was fine with it. 10 days earlier my uncle had also booked a White Cruze from the same Delearship & the expected delivery time was same (4-5 weeks). On the 27th November my uncle got his car, in exactly 5 weeks time, so i got excited that I will get my car in the next 10 days. Here is where the trouble started when i called my dealer to enquire about the delivery of the car. Till the 29th of december, I was given atleast 10 different dates but all false promises.

After doing my researchon Team-Bhp, I learnt about the Automatic transmission to be launched on the 10 or 15th Jan, So quickly changed my booking from a manual to Automatic (I always preferred Auto transmission). I was glad as the dealer rest assured that mine will be the 1st one to get delivered. Again got excited and started waiting for the car anxiously, but who knew that i had to wait for another 2 months. After a long wait the dealer informed me that i will be getting Diamond White (Premium Colour) which i paid 10k more. Thinking it will be metallic white, I was happy.

Day Of Delivery: After 4 months finally I was ready to see my car face to face. Went to the showroom 1 hour late & still they had not prepared the car. It was parked right out of the showroom. My first look at the car & I was a bit disappointed with the colour as it turned out to be Pearl White shade. Never the less the excitement was still there to get to the driving seat.

Completed the paper work. The showroom guys were really a huge disappointment. It was like then wanted to get rid of us from the moment we landed in the showroom because of the earlier drama which we had created in the showroom. Took the car, no pictures were taken, no ribbon, no garland, no nothing...just a simple thank you & we were on our way.

Now comes the best part: Got the keys & started the car & the initial reaction was "This does not feel like a Diesel car. Lots of traffic on my way back home so was unable to try n test the car. Went out at night for dinner & on the way back took the car to the highway. After that it was a bullet that just left the gun. I had read & also experienced the turbo lag, but unlike the manual the Automatic does not suffers from the same problem. Tried the tiptronic as well & it works like a charm. Average fell down from 11.5 to 10.5 but i guess thats just initially.

Will be taking the car on the Express Highway tomorrow for a nice long drive. At the moment completely satisfied with the car.

Mods: Will be changing my tires to Goodyear.
Xenon Lights
Speakers
Spoiler (like Honda accord : Any1 who know where can I find these please let me know).
Attached Thumbnails
The Rockstar Arrives: Cruze LTZ Automatic (Diamond White)-2.jpg  

The Rockstar Arrives: Cruze LTZ Automatic (Diamond White)-3.jpg  

The Rockstar Arrives: Cruze LTZ Automatic (Diamond White)-4.jpg  

The Rockstar Arrives: Cruze LTZ Automatic (Diamond White)-6.jpg  

The Rockstar Arrives: Cruze LTZ Automatic (Diamond White)-7.jpg  

The Rockstar Arrives: Cruze LTZ Automatic (Diamond White)-13.jpg  

The Rockstar Arrives: Cruze LTZ Automatic (Diamond White)-14.jpg  

The Rockstar Arrives: Cruze LTZ Automatic (Diamond White)-17_full_open.jpg  

The Rockstar Arrives: Cruze LTZ Automatic (Diamond White)-cruze-1.jpg  

nadim_90210 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 20:49   #2
BHPian

Nadim, congratulations on the car, she is really hot.
hpzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 20:51   #3
BHPian

Hi nadim congrats on the new beautiful car.You may be feeling a lot different from the Swift.Thank you for the post.Enjoy the ride.Please continue to update.Drive safe.

Why are you changing the tyres to Goodyear?

Last edited by Mevtec : 27th February 2010 at 20:52.
Mevtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 21:07   #4
BHPian

congratulations........
eagerly waiting for the report and pics!!!!
ishlinea7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 21:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!

It is a beautiful car. Please keep us updated on the ownership experience - escpecially the after sales service, reliability, ride comfort and handling.
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 22:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Nadim! Gorgeous car and the A/T is just the best VFM car in the segment.
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 23:46   #7
BHPian

Congrats for the great buy. Scorching looks and a delight to drive with the AT plonked in. How much did you pay for the beauty?
Utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 23:47   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
Completed the paper work. The showroom guys were really a huge disappointment. It was like then wanted to get rid of us from the moment we landed in the showroom because of the earlier drama which we had created in the showroom. Took the car, no pictures were taken, no ribbon, no garland, no nothing...just a simple thank you & we were on our way.
To hell with them. I hate dealership staff who behave like that, even after it's their fault (well, not entirely maybe, but still) that things went the way they did. Anyway, hardly matters now.

All I have to say is, WHITE HOT !!
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 02:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice one Nadim - keep us posted on your driving experiences.
Is there a dead pedal in place of the clutch? I cannot make out any from the pictures.
What are the approximate shift points?
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 03:10   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
Why are you changing the tyres to Goodyear?
It comes with J.K Tyres & I find they are not upto the mark. So mostly will be shifting to Goodyear or might even considering Michelin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats for the great buy. Scorching looks and a delight to drive with the AT plonked in. How much did you pay for the beauty?
I paid 15 lakh for the car + 10k for the Diamond white colour. Total VFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
To hell with them. I hate dealership staff who behave like that, even after it's their fault (well, not entirely maybe, but still) that things went the way they did. Anyway, hardly matters now.

All I have to say is, WHITE HOT !!
Thanks .

Dealership was such a sad experience & like you said it was not entirely their fault, you are right but in the whole 4 months process they (Manager/ Asst manager & 2 more douchebags) never used to pick up phone calls & that was the most irritating part, They recieved full payment whereas I had allready paid 3 EMIs. Not to forget, the only thing that i got as a freebie was a GM Keychain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Nice one Nadim - keep us posted on your driving experiences.
Is there a dead pedal in place of the clutch? I cannot make out any from the pictures.
What are the approximate shift points?
There is no Dead pedal in place of the clutch. About the approximate shift point, taking the car for a long drive tom, so will test in thoroughly & will keep you posted.

Last edited by nadim_90210 : 28th February 2010 at 03:12.
nadim_90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 13:37   #11
BHPian

I am a bit confused about the whole sound system, It comes along with the car with 4 way door speakers. I want to install an amplifier with an base tube & 2 back speakers, but some1 told me the output wont be as good as you get out in the normal music system installed outside.

Can any1 suggest what should i do?
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. The car looks awesome in white. AT with that diesel engine combo, what else do you need. Its good that the AT doesn't experience the turbo lag of the manual. Do keep updating this thread with your ownership experience.

Drive safe.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:13   #13
BHPian

Congtrats!!

the cruze does look majestic..!! white suits the car well!! and great pictures..!
Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:54   #14
BHPian

Hey congrats. I'm dying to know your AT experience. Powerful diesel + lotsa features + great looks + AT; man, what does it lack then ? How do you feel the interiors? Some PICS please.
mkc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 13:38   #15
BHPian

At the moment all I can say is, Driving Cruze AT on Mumbai road is a real bliss. The average on the first day was 11.5kmpl, which went down to 9.5 in just 2 days (every1 test driving it). Took me some time to adjust my driving style & its back to 10.5kmpl.

Tried the triptronic as well, it will take sometime to guess used to it but one can clearly feel the difference in power when you shift to manual transmission.

The car ICE is a big let down. Connected my Ipod to my Auxilary port & the output was all the more bad compared to the CD. CD changer has some cool functionality like the Search option. It completly scans the CD & then one can search by Artist/Album/Songs etc.

Lot of people (Family & Friends) were very suprised about the whole diseal engine. Most of the people said that it didn't feel like a diseal engine & the power was simply amazing.

Uncle who took the Manual transmission cruze is now regretting for not opting for the Automatic version.

Will post more pictures by evening.