Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 2nd March 2010, 01:45   #1
BHPian

Default Shrek-II My Scorpio VLX AT 4X4 -Airbags

I got to hear the news in 3rd week of Oct 09 on TBHP that Scorpio 4X4 AT has been officially confirmed by M&M. I got curious. Called up a few dealers but other than NBS at Mumbai ( Company owned showroom) none even tried to show any interest regarding possibility of existence of such configuration. However, booked the car in the last week of Oct 09 . Test drive was not available nor any demo car was available with this configuration. Color opted for was black as only two color options were available- black or white.

I did consider other options as well including Endeavour AT 4X4, Outlander, Pajero, Vitara and tempted to wait for Yeti as well. I even went to Auto Expo at Delhi to see Yeti but the uncertainty of waiting for launch further confirmed my interest in Scorpio. Same was the case for Fortuner regarding its delivery. More so in terms of price - none came closer to Scorpio AT. After a few days, I also got option for High end model with some new features and airbags and I was pretty happy - while I opted for HE-Airbags version, I also changed the color to White.

TBHPians- hondadude and tanwaramit have been interacting over prices, colours, features etc and this helped a lot to get the information - sometimes, even the salesperson didnt have any clue as to what I was enquiring or informing based on information that I got from this forum.

I got confirmation of arrival of the vehicle at godown in first week of Jan 10 and I went to see it there and just had a look- and it looked good enough. However, due to own engagements and dealer's lethargy, the registration kept getting delayed and finally, it was registered on 24th Feb and delivered to me on 26th. I chose the home-delivery option and it arrived at promised time odo at 171 kms.

26th evening , we did pooja and took it out for the first time to get a tank full followed by dinner. It took me a few minutes to get accusotmed to its characteristics as it was over 8 months since, I drove a Scorpio.

Next day, as per the scheduled appointment, home installation person visited to explain the features and functions of gizmos and in the evening, we set out for Silvassa to celebrate Holi as well as test drive the car.
Initial impressions:

1. Dealer: NBS International - Its a company owned showroom. I have till date never visited them and all transactions happened on phone and emails. They sent their person to collect documents and cheque. I visited the godown to see the vehicle after arrival from factory. Experience has been mixed- it tested my patience and I am glad, I never had to raise my voice or argue over anything. Till date the discussions on price is going on as there is a difference of approx. Rs. 10k in the price quoted by dealer and that shown on the M&M website. Customercare of M&M has been attempting to convince me that its an error , not updated on the website but I am still following up.

2. Discounts: NIL. Only towards the end, I askedd the dealer that I dont want any essential accessories so they agreed to reduce from the total price ( Rs 5000/-) . Essential accessories includes mud flaps, mats, mirror cover with indicators, scuff/ sil plates and stripes for the bumper. However, they provided rubber mat, mud flaps and scuff/sil plates and idol foc. I also opted for insurance by self, so saved around Rs. 12K on that.

3. First Look- When I went to the dealer's godown, in the first look, it didnt look or feel much different from the earlier VLX I owned, except for the fact that it was white in color while grill , headlights, bumpers, handle, rear footstep, wheel hub caps were a bit different apart from Scorpio embedded in the door and a sticker shouting "automatic " and few moe stickers reminding Auto Transmission etc on front and rear wind screens . While most of the things were looking better or acceptable, large wheel hub caps were looking too bad and this is one thing which I didnt like in the earlier scorpio too. The refreshed models 2WD scorpios have pretty flattened hub caps which look better IMHO than the large protruding ones here in 4X4s. The tyre pressure monitoring system displays only 4 wheels data- 5th wheels data is not displayed but sensors are fitted on all wheels- so when any wheel is changed- it will still work as well.

4. First driving impressions: First drive to the fuel pump, nearby restaurant and back was more of an intro session and since most of the features were old ones, didnt take much time to get accustomed. However, slight improvements were felt in the seats and overall ergnomics. Improvements felt in the following areas:

a. seats material/ fabric, cushioning and under thigh support feels improved and so is the backrest.

b. Lights- definitely feels brighter and much better. In the previous car, I had fitted, Philips Rally 90/100 but I dont feel any need to change to anything better in this one. Of course, if I ever need to change now I thing next thing could be HIDs only.

c. Door handles- while the looks may not be as good as it could be - the touch, feel and functionality of the new handles is much better than the older ones. full marks for this. Doors automatically lock- at 15kmph after vehicle moves. All doors can be unlocked by central locking lever at the drivers side door or when the key is removed.

d. The doors feel very light, almost like any sedan and close very well. I even was wondering if they have made it of much thinner sheet metal that it feels so lighter than earlier scorpio.

e. Climbing in/out- nothing different- easy as compared to that in Safari but, the rear step that has been integrated in the rear bumper- is a very nice improvement. Its is definitely much easier now.

f. Ashtray removed/ not supplied and a cubby hole/ cup holder less due to placement of the AT levers.

g. Beige / tan interiors feel lighter and obviously different from the balck allure and difficult to say which one I like- may be both have their own charm.

h. Engine: Dont know if they have really done something, but engine feels better tuned at idling and quiter as compared to earlier one. Engine compartment looked neat, well organised and clean- much better than earlier version.

i. Sound Insulation : Sound insulation in the cabin is much better and definitely a lot more silent than the earlier model.

j. Two din stereo with bluetooth for phones- Its a nice touch. fm reception was good. Speakers are supposed to be having in-built tweeters- couldnt make out much difference. While bass set at high, the sound deteriorates and gets too bad with vibrations. Bluetooth gets paired with 3 phones that I tried, very easily and it functions very well.

k. NVH - feels a lot improved.

l. Steering & Suspension- They seem to have worked a bit on this aspect too as it feels tweaked well and car felt much more poised.

m. Auto Tranny- WOW - works so smoothly and nicely. Almost neglible, or nil jerks- shifts up / down smoothly - and had quite many occassions where I braked hard and sped up instantly- picks up reasonably well. Though the quickness of MT is not there nor is the pull that one could feel in MT under hard acceleration( its much more sedated) but in real road condition, never I felt that it was too slow and I was able to overtake easily. I could trhow around the car easily. Experienced hill hold function- works well and useful feature on upslopes.

n. Brakes: ABS worked well - but brakes dont have teeth that bite well- There were no nervous moments as I was quite careful but the brakes really felt too weak/ slow when applied at high speeds. Under hard braking- car maintained straight line or desired trajectory at curves.
o.Security feature- I am told that the keys have inbuilt chip which is locked with ignition system chip and on identification only, it will move ahead. Not tested. Stock Gear lock as available with M&M dealer cannot be fitted - will need to improvise.

5. Testing Conditions:
a. Passengers: 2 adults , 2 kids with weekend luggage( light) including cell phones , steppney and supplied tool kit. No bull guard or luggage rack on rooftop.
b.fuel tank full
c. tyre pressure 32 psi ( recommended)
d. no other accessories ( car in stock condition- no cd, usb or pen drive- so tested only fm).
e. Ac - air recirculation mode, ac selected low, switched on at fan position 1 (100%on)
e. Road - Mumbai- Surat National highway- super smooth black top - 4 way all weather- with small stretches of rough patches and undulations, at some places realtively smaller craters, broken uneven patches and some high speed curves, reasonable traffic conditions, speed breakers encountered at toll nakas only- Trip- Silvassa and back ( approx. 200 kms one way)

Time taken - while going on Saturday evening- 4 hours -
average speed maintained- 80kmph.( Advised to drive at 100kmph max - rpm 3500 till first thousand kms.). Max speed touched 110kmph.

While returning -Monday evening - ( roads free almost)- time 3 hours, average speed 100kmph- max speed - crossed 140 kmph( speed warning set at 140kmph).

6.FE - tested by tankfull to tankfull method - fill up to the brim ( not auto cut off)- 10.43 kmpl. (240kms/ 23 litres).

4X4- tested - just a little at the time of demo - since, its similar to that in the Safari- on the fly, with 3 setting - 2H, 4H and 4L not much to write about.

Overall:
Kudos to M&M team to have really improved Scorpio so much and the fact that it comes fully loaded now, its much better VFM. Only thing that can be added / improved further (non-technical stuff ) (IMHO) are seats with seat height adjustment and lumbar support, seat belt height adjustments, key with integrated security system and of course better brakes.
I am quite happy with my purchase and feel its a real good VFM at this price and it does everything quite well that its supposed to do and I could drive it with ease, confidence and could throw it the way I needed or wanted and it behaved very well. Overall I had good fun and very happy that Shrek-II has arrived.
Attached Thumbnails
Shrek-II My Scorpio VLX AT 4X4 -Airbags-shrekii.jpg  

Shrek-II My Scorpio VLX AT 4X4 -Airbags-sidepro.jpg  

Shrek-II My Scorpio VLX AT 4X4 -Airbags-rearvw.jpg  

Shrek-II My Scorpio VLX AT 4X4 -Airbags-4x4switch.jpg  

Shrek-II My Scorpio VLX AT 4X4 -Airbags-instrcns1.jpg  

Shrek-II My Scorpio VLX AT 4X4 -Airbags-instrcns2.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by shatrughna : 2nd March 2010 at 02:05.
Old 2nd March 2010, 02:29   #2
BHPian

Default Few Add ons

1. The rear view mirrors( ORVMs) are electrically adjustable but not electricaly foldable. However, it is quite big and covers a large area.
2. The stain on the carpet under the driver's seat is there in Shrek-II as well ( seems like birth mark carried on from the gen of Shrek- Original).
3. Airbags warning light is on- obviously dealer forgot to activate it during PDI despite my reminder to them the previous evning based on the post by Pramods- proves communication gap between the showroom staff and the workshop.

Looking for suggestions for installing Petes box as I had already ordered one before the delivery of the vehicle and same had reached me in Jan 10. Its lying packed. I intend to install it after initial 1000kms. In the meantime hope to get necessary advises and suggestions here. Appreciate your valuable inputs as to whether its okay to install it or are there any precautions that I must take before trial.

Mods: if possible - please, merge this post with the previous one and kindly, change the title of the thread appropriately . I may suggest:

Scorpio VLX & VLX AT -4X4 - Initial ownership reports

Last edited by shatrughna : 2nd March 2010 at 02:32.
Old 2nd March 2010, 05:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Shatrughna,

Congratulations on your new acquisition!! looks awesome in diamond white! Good comparision presented.
What are the additional security options you are considering on this ride?
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

congratulations shatrughna. this scorpio with all the goodies is truly VFM. a great review & you have covered almost all the points nicely.

happy motoring.
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:32   #5
BHPian

Congrats Shatrughna, I hope Service Center activate the Airbag fast, the service center guys will generally stay away from Airbag vehicle as not all of them have got the training, the instruction from Mahindra is when ever they are working on the Airbag vehicle, they need to deactivate the Airbag and once work is done activate the airbag.
-Pramod
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:59   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Test drive was not available nor any demo car was available with this configuration. Color opted for was black as only two color options were available- black or white.
Wish Mahindra would keep 4x4 AT test cars atleast in the major metros and offer colors besides black or white. Since they make the vehicle only after booking, why the hell can't they offer more colors.

Quote:
More so in terms of price - none came closer to Scorpio AT. After a few days, I also got option for High end model with some new features and airbags and I was pretty happy - while I opted for HE-Airbags version, I also changed the color to White.
The price offered is too VFM. If you can set aside any image biases and take a test drive of the new one, I think most people will consider one. Yesterday, I met a friend of mine who is a died in wool Scorpio hater like I was a few years back and he too was wowed by the overall package/price.

Quote:
Till date the discussions on price is going on as there is a difference of approx. Rs. 10k in the price quoted by dealer and that shown on the M&M website. Customercare of M&M has been attempting to convince me that its an error , not updated on the website but I am still following up.
There was a price increase in Jan. My vehicle was almost 10K more from the time of booking in December to delivery in Feb. When I booked in December, I was told that there was a possible price increase in Jan and I would have to pay the price prevalent at time of invoicing/payment. Invoicing/payment cannot happen until the vehicle send from the factory and chasis/engine number are updated in the system. I paid about 10K more from the booking time.

Quote:
2. Discounts: NIL.
In Kerala I got 1 Year/25 K extended warranty bringing the total warranty to 3 Year/75K free. I paid another 7K to extend to 4/100 warranty as opposed to the 10K normally charged fo rthe 4/100K warranty upgrade. Also got 14K worth accessories including the gear lock which I have not installed yet.

Quote:
The refreshed models 2WD scorpios have pretty flattened hub caps which look better IMHO than the large protruding ones here in 4X4s.
The 4WD version has the electric free wheeling hubs that protrude out from the front hubs so you cannot put the flat hub caps from the revised 2WD version for the 4WD. The flatted hub caps can be put in the back but then it will look off when compared to the front. I feel Mahindra should integrate the front free wheeling hubs into the axle housing like Ford Endy/Fortuner or atleast offer negative offset wheels to compensate for the ugly phallic hub caps !!

Quote:
a. seats material/ fabric, cushioning and under thigh support feels improved and so is the backrest.
Seats were redisegned for the refreshed Scorpio and are better contoured compared to the earlier ones.

Quote:
b. Lights- definitely feels brighter and much better. In the previous car, I had fitted, Philips Rally 90/100 but I dont feel any need to change to anything better in this one.
I totally agree with this. I too was planning on a 90/100 upgrade but was pleasantly surprised to see the lights are actually very good. Maybe the phillips blue vision (white actually) bulbs help with this. I too dropped plans for the 90/100 upgrade.

Quote:
Doors automatically lock- at 15kmph after vehicle moves. All doors can be unlocked by central locking lever at the drivers side door or when the key is removed.
I thought I read in the manual that it locks at speed above 10kmph, but either way this is a very useful safety feature.

Quote:
d. The doors feel very light, almost like any sedan and close very well. I even was wondering if they have made it of much thinner sheet metal that it feels so lighter than earlier scorpio.

i. Sound Insulation : Sound insulation in the cabin is much better and definitely a lot more silent than the earlier model.

Agree the doors are very light/easy to handle and close well. Cabin is very silent as well. However, mine has some vibrations below 1500 rpm. Need to get this checked.

Quote:

l. Steering & Suspension- They seem to have worked a bit on this aspect too as it feels tweaked well and car felt much more poised.
4X4 Scorpio corners well compared to the 2WD due to the torsion bar front suspension set up. See more details in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...afari-4x4.html (Handling with Torsion Bar Set up in Scorpio/Safari 4x4)

Quote:
Overall:
Kudos to M&M team to have really improved Scorpio so much and the fact that it comes fully loaded now, its much better VFM.
Price is reall VFM. For less than the price of a Safari Dicor VX 4x4 you can get the Scorpio VLX 4x4 with AT and air bags.

Quote:
Looking for suggestions for installing Petes box as I had already ordered one before the delivery of the vehicle and same had reached me in Jan 10. Its lying packed. I intend to install it after initial 1000kms. In the meantime hope to get necessary advises and suggestions here. Appreciate your valuable inputs as to whether its okay to install it or are there any precautions that I must take before trial.
I don't think anyone in this Forum has installed on the 2.2 mhawk yet. I will be interested in your experience as I am planning to get my scorpio peted too.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:58   #7
BHPian

Thank you getsurya, pramods, raj5004 and 4x4addict.
Security options being considered now- a mobile tracker with auto sms and disabling feature as I often give the keys to watchman for washing and a hidden kill switch. Though yesterday after giving the keys, I was thinking that henceforth, I should give only the remote and not the keys alongwith it. Do you have any suggestions- now that gear lock option is not available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Shatrughna,

Congratulations on your new acquisition!! looks awesome in diamond white! Good comparision presented.
What are the additional security options you are considering on this ride?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
congratulations shatrughna. this scorpio with all the goodies is truly VFM. a great review & you have covered almost all the points nicely.

happy motoring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Congrats Shatrughna, I hope Service Center activate the Airbag fast, the service center guys will generally stay away from Airbag vehicle as not all of them have got the training, the instruction from Mahindra is when ever they are working on the Airbag vehicle, they need to deactivate the Airbag and once work is done activate the airbag.
-Pramod
Yes Pramods, this was disappointing since, after reading your experience, I had requested 3 guys in showroom and warehouse to ensure that this is done ( DGM, showroom incharge and sales person)- and despite that it wasnt done. Lets see what they do and the workshop ( dealer's) is almost 40 kms from here and there is another delaers workshop closer to my place( 3 kms) and I have requested them to arrange it there, if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Wish Mahindra would keep 4x4 AT test cars atleast in the major metros and offer colors besides black or white. Since they make the vehicle only after booking, why the hell can't they offer more colors.

Me too wonder - I wanted rocky biege all the way. Initially, hondadude (bangalore- confirmed its availability in java brown through the dealer but later the dealer backed out. Even the snow white as offered in Xylo would look good.

The price offered is too VFM. If you can set aside any image biases and take a test drive of the new one, I think most people will consider one. Yesterday, I met a friend of mine who is a died in wool Scorpio hater like I was a few years back and he too was wowed by the overall package/price.

Fully agreed after initial test drive experience- I am loving it.

There was a price increase in Jan. My vehicle was almost 10K more from the time of booking in December to delivery in Feb. When I booked in December, I was told that there was a possible price increase in Jan and I would have to pay the price prevalent at time of invoicing/payment. Invoicing/payment cannot happen until the vehicle send from the factory and chasis/engine number are updated in the system. I paid about 10K more from the booking time.

I am referring to the price difference in the dealer's price and the price shown on website. In Nov 2009 - there was a difference of Rs. 10K and even now - though both show increased prices since, Jan 2010- increase of approx. 10K. Pramods - I guess got it at 2009 proces. There is further hike in price expected after new budget announcements. Wonder what are they planning to do after April 2010- when BSIV norms are in place, since AT has so far no micro hybrid(BSIV). My guess is they will install micro hybrid kit in it and sell. There is a redundant place for switch for micro-hybrid near the auto light and auto wiper switches ( mobile charger type groove covered with a plastic cap).

In Kerala I got 1 Year/25 K extended warranty bringing the total warranty to 3 Year/75K free. I paid another 7K to extend to 4/100 warranty as opposed to the 10K normally charged fo rthe 4/100K warranty upgrade. Also got 14K worth accessories including the gear lock which I have not installed yet.

Lucky you- I have opted for 4 years EW at Rs. 9999/-

The 4WD version has the electric free wheeling hubs that protrude out from the front hubs so you cannot put the flat hub caps from the revised 2WD version for the 4WD. The flatted hub caps can be put in the back but then it will look off when compared to the front. I feel Mahindra should integrate the front free wheeling hubs into the axle housing like Ford Endy/Fortuner or atleast offer negative offset wheels to compensate for the ugly phallic hub caps !!

I got the explanation from yahoogroup friends, nevertheless, it doesnt make it more palatable. Wish there are other options.

Seats were redisegned for the refreshed Scorpio and are better contoured compared to the earlier ones.

Thanks for info- so it proves that its not just my feeling- its actually a result of real changes.

I totally agree with this. I too was planning on a 90/100 upgrade but was pleasantly surprised to see the lights are actually very good. Maybe the phillips blue vision (white actually) bulbs help with this. I too dropped plans for the 90/100 upgrade.

I thought I read in the manual that it locks at speed above 10kmph, but either way this is a very useful safety feature.

Never bothered to chekc actual speed at which it locks with a clunk- the speed is what the dealers person told me when explaining the features.

Agree the doors are very light/easy to handle and close well. Cabin is very silent as well. However, mine has some vibrations below 1500 rpm. Need to get this checked.

There is no vibrations that I could feel at lower rpm - albeit under hard accceleration, i heard vibration in the dashboard / locker- will get it checked. Apart from that speakers seem to be faulty at higher than midpoint volume - jarring sound.

4X4 Scorpio corners well compared to the 2WD due to the torsion bar front suspension set up. See more details in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...afari-4x4.html (Handling with Torsion Bar Set up in Scorpio/Safari 4x4)

Price is reall VFM. For less than the price of a Safari Dicor VX 4x4 you can get the Scorpio VLX 4x4 with AT and air bags.

Yes- but Safari VX 4X4 already has airbags, EBD,BA DVD player with twin screen, leather seats and roof mounted rear AC which makes it a VFM in its own right. Of course, AT is unique alongwith blutooth stereo integrated in 2 din music system ith sd card and usb player apart from mp3 in jack port which is quite good, rear seats of scorpio is much more usable as compared to that in Safari - so its winsome, losesome-IMHO. Scorpio is much better (usable ) in daily life due to smaller turning radius which I appreciate now after driving safari for 8 months.

I don't think anyone in this Forum has installed on the 2.2 mhawk yet. I will be interested in your experience as I am planning to get my scorpio peted too.
Well - currently its at 600plus kms- so another 400kms to go before I try it. I havent opened the petes packet as yet so will update when installed and tested. I intend to put a on-off switch in the cabin to actually feel the difference.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shatrughna, heartiest congratulations for the arrival of the beast at home and one of the best ownership reports.

Couldn't agree more on non availability on foldable ORVM, color options on this model, gear lock. Hope you get the benefit of 10k difference in the prices.

What is that about stain on the carpet ?

Cant we just take off wheel cap hubs ? does it look ugly ?

The beast in white is awesome, you havent removed "Automatic" pasted on the windscreens !

Am glued on this thread, and you were in Delhi for Auto Expo ! Should have sent a PM to me.

I have everything ready for the beast, except a place to park, once that is done, I will be having it to be delivered.
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shatrughna on the new buy!

First request: Please do not merge with the older thread! Let that remain there. Start afresh from here.

You have got a really good VFM deal there, an AT and a 4x4; best of both worlds! Wishing you a wonderful ownership experience.

+1 to your thought on giving only the remote and not the key to the guard.

M&M is definitely doing a lot in terms of refinement and better packaging of their product.

Not sure if this advice is still valid, but does the unlock code of the immobilizer chip still carry a default code set at M&M factory; if so, please do get it changed to a code of your choice.
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:14   #10
BHPian

shatrughna congratulations first of all, for it is SCORPIO - the legend, 4X4 and AT, that too with Airbags and ABS!

Exactly my thought on wheel cap hubs, the non-4X4 ones looked better in my opinion compared to the older style caps

Please dont merge this thread with other threads!

Regarding petes - I think your warranty would be void if you do that. Normally it is done once the warranty period is over. Please check on warranty before pete-ing.

Have a question to you, is there a micro-hybrid option in 4X4 AT?

Wish you miles of joy and driving bliss!

regards,
narayanang76
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:47   #11
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the mighty muscular club!

Great review and wish you a great time with your new beast. Please keep posting updates.
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:57   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah! finally. Congratulations on your new auto-Scorp-on-fours! Certainly took a long time to arrive, from contemplation to delivery! Happy driving, mate.
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Default Badge

Shtrugna,
Congratulations!! Nice SUV you have got. The best thing is it is 4wd

But why is the 4wd badging missing on the tailgate?
Old 4th March 2010, 00:33   #14
BHPian

Thanks tanwaramit, HappyWheels, narayanang, ss traveller and vinod.

@tanwaramit- good that you finally saw the post- I know it has been a long time since we started discussing it here. Yes finally, hondadudes info regarding the price offered by the Bengaluru dealer as per the website helped in negotiating - followed by several mails and calls to the customercare at M&M , a contact in HR thru another HR friend and the support of the staff at dealers place perhaps worked. I got a call that they have agreed to revert the excess charges. It will take few days and some formalities and thats fine with me .

Foldable mirrors are perhaps not needed or I am used to it as its not there in my skoda either so its liveable.

There is a brownish reddish stain under the driver's seat on the carpet . It was there in my previous one also. We tried to wash it off with shampoo but its still there. Its not an eyeshore but nevertheless its there. They are taking it back tomorrow to their workshop to activate airbag and will try to clean it as well as remove all the unwanted stickers and stains. Lets see.

Wheel hub caps can be removed from the rear wheels and a flatter cap can be fixed but the front wheels it will not go as explained in the post by 4X4addict.

My bad, I didnt actually think on those lines to pm you while at auto expo in Delhi. Missed the opportunity. I had gone with single point focus to have a look at Yeti though I saw many others as well and it was real treat and worth the time and efforts. While driving back - dense fog troubled a lot till Jaipur but beyond that it was all smooth. It was definitely a memorable drive.

So when parking will be arranged man? Know the budgets have hit prices and by the time you place an order , price hike will get effective. But its worth the wait to have a proper place to keep it safely. You are going to fall in love (if you are not already)with it - within a hundred kilometers of drive after delivery-I am sure.

And you owe us an update on the security options. Gear locks - in stock condition is out question. You may find some enterprising mechanic/ store owner who can develop one for ATs as Delhi and Punjab are full of innovators and modifiers.

Once you have the keys in your hands, please, plan a trip to Mumbai or Goa- via Mumbai and dont forget to pm me unlike I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Hi Shatrughna, heartiest congratulations for the arrival of the beast at home and one of the best ownership reports.

Couldn't agree more on non availability on foldable ORVM, color options on this model, gear lock. Hope you get the benefit of 10k difference in the prices.

What is that about stain on the carpet ?

Cant we just take off wheel cap hubs ? does it look ugly ?

The beast in white is awesome, you havent removed "Automatic" pasted on the windscreens !

Am glued on this thread, and you were in Delhi for Auto Expo ! Should have sent a PM to me.

I have everything ready for the beast, except a place to park, once that is done, I will be having it to be delivered.

About the keys - the M&M person informed that it has a inbuilt chip in the key set and the system identifies the embedded chip and memorises it after first use and thereafter it jumbles several combinations - which are synchronised between the system and the chip in the keys. Its difficult to mimic it and impossible to drive away with a duplicate key without the identical-chipset. The remote locking also has the security as it was earlier so, it is now two ways that its working. they have done away with customisable pass codes and now there is no such option.

Nevertheless, Scorpio remains most desirable vehicle for the thiefs and susceptible- hence, we will have to take extra measures. Currently, figuring out what all is viable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats Shatrughna on the new buy!

First request: Please do not merge with the older thread! Let that remain there. Start afresh from here.

You have got a really good VFM deal there, an AT and a 4x4; best of both worlds! Wishing you a wonderful ownership experience.

+1 to your thought on giving only the remote and not the key to the guard.

M&M is definitely doing a lot in terms of refinement and better packaging of their product.

Not sure if this advice is still valid, but does the unlock code of the immobilizer chip still carry a default code set at M&M factory; if so, please do get it changed to a code of your choice.
As of now Micro-hybrid option is not there in AT Scorpios.Its BSIII. May be they intorduce ATs with Micro-Hybrid kit once BS IV norms are mandatory effective April. There is a redundant switch cover for Microhybrid in the central panel - near the mobile charger power adapter.
Regarding Petes - I am collating inputs from other users and I understand so far that its DIY kind of work to install and unistall it. So before, sending it for servicing , I can always pull it out. Iread somewhere that even when its installed and switched off, it gives no indication to the diagnostic instrument- hence, I assume it to be safe - at least from the warranty point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
shatrughna congratulations first of all, for it is SCORPIO - the legend, 4X4 and AT, that too with Airbags and ABS!

Exactly my thought on wheel cap hubs, the non-4X4 ones looked better in my opinion compared to the older style caps

Please dont merge this thread with other threads!

Regarding petes - I think your warranty would be void if you do that. Normally it is done once the warranty period is over. Please check on warranty before pete-ing.

Have a question to you, is there a micro-hybrid option in 4X4 AT?

Wish you miles of joy and driving bliss!

regards,
narayanang76
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
Congrats and welcome to the mighty muscular club!

Great review and wish you a great time with your new beast. Please keep posting updates.
It was your thread that indicated some possibility of such a configuration and from thereon, I was hookedd onto the thread to find updates and confirmation. So may I say "you are the fuel"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Ah! finally. Congratulations on your new auto-Scorp-on-fours! Certainly took a long time to arrive, from contemplation to delivery! Happy driving, mate.
Thanks again Vinod for pointing out and now I have another point to convey to the dealer. I didnt know about such sticker and now I ll insist. I ll get all other odd stickers- automatic, Auto tranny etc. removed and ensure that they put 4X4 sticker neatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Shtrugna,
Congratulations!! Nice SUV you have got. The best thing is it is 4wd

But why is the 4wd badging missing on the tailgate?
Old 4th March 2010, 09:24   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is a redundant switch cover for Microhybrid in the central panel
That would come in useful for installing a switch to operate a pair of Hellas up front.
Quote:
It was your thread that indicated some possibility of such a configuration and from thereon, I was hookedd onto the thread to find updates and confirmation. So may I say "you are the fuel"!
Thanks! I wanted it, but finally my conservative side took over and I went for the manual 4wd.
Quote:
I didnt know about such sticker and now I ll insist. I ll get all other odd stickers- automatic, Auto tranny etc. removed and ensure that they put 4X4 sticker neatly.
This is the one...
Shrek-II My Scorpio VLX AT 4X4 -Airbags-abcd0020.jpg
Closed Thread