Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd April 2010, 10:02   #31
BHPian

RSA should cost appx 1500/-
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:28   #32
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
3rd/4th EW should cost you appx 9500/- (both years)..17K is a rip-off. Please check if the 17K quote is including the TMP (total maintenance plan).
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
imo, they are quoting this amount for 3rd and 4th year EW and RSA?
but RSA is so costly i.e about 7/8000???
Suggest ask for detailed quote i.e how much for EW and RSA (seperate quote).
Sanjay da & nair sir, he has a Diesel Fiesta, not petrol.

So, EW + RSA for 3rd+4th year is indeed 15570 INR. For petrol, it is is 9800 INR approx. However, I do not know about the breakup between RSA & EW.
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:31   #33
BHPian

Now i have confirmed this with 2 different dealerships. Both have quoted 15K+ for 3rd and 4th year EW + RSA. without RSA the prices come down by not more than 2K if i remember correctly.

Thanks Mayukh for confirming that! Will chase Bhavna Ford now to give me a proper price for this..

EDIT: Called Bhavna Ford, the lady again confirmed that price is 17K+ for 2 years! Called up the sales person who sold me the car, he says he will route me to the correct department. Awaiting call from them now..

Last edited by iamkapilb : 3rd April 2010 at 11:37.
iamkapilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkapilb View Post
Now i have confirmed this with 2 different dealerships. Both have quoted 15K+ for 3rd and 4th year EW + RSA. without RSA the prices come down by not more than 2K if i remember correctly.

Thanks Mayukh for confirming that! Will chase Bhavna Ford now to give me a proper price for this..

EDIT: Called Bhavna Ford, the lady again confirmed that price is 17K+ for 2 years! Called up the sales person who sold me the car, he says he will route me to the correct department. Awaiting call from them now..
You are welcome !!!

There may be some rules that the price will get increased if you do not get it within 1 month. This is because the moment I said to my SA that I will definitely take EW, he always insisted to get it within a month. He even reminded just 2 days before completion of 1 month about the EW. I paid on the 2nd last day.

EDIT: But again, try to influence to get it at original prices only.

Last edited by mayukh : 3rd April 2010 at 11:42.
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:10   #35
BHPian

Oops..did'nt know you have Diesel..consider changing the thread title to include Diesel /Duratorq.
Old 10th April 2010, 11:54   #36
BHPian

I have bought the EW with RSA for 3rd and 4th year from other Ford dealer (Wasan Ford at Chembur) at 15,570. They have couriered the receipt along with warranty card and I am yet to receive it.
The sales person from Bhavna Ford called and said the price is actually 15570 and the lady who had earlier confirmed 17K did that by mistake (atleast 4 times!!) as she does not handle EW part! Now how am I supposed to figure that out? He added that now that one month has expired i will get it for 17K only. I said, no thanks, as i have already bought it.
Old 17th April 2010, 11:31   #37
BHPian

Guys, off late i am noticing the car is pulling towards right. If i drive at around 70 kmph and leave the steering wheel, the car will change 1 full lane in less than 10 seconds.

What could be the problem? Wheel alignment issue??

EDIT: Car has been driven for ~2800 kms
Old 17th April 2010, 11:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, off late i am noticing the car is pulling towards right. If i drive at around 70 kmph and leave the steering wheel, the car will change 1 full lane in less than 10 seconds.

What could be the problem? Wheel alignment issue??

EDIT: Car has been driven for ~2800 kms
+

Suggest check wheel alighment and balancing.
Also make sure all tyres have correct air pressure!
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 12:22   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+

Suggest check wheel alighment and balancing.
Also make sure all tyres have correct air pressure!
  1. Is wheel alignment issue in less than 3000 kms covered under warranty? Basically i would like to know if the service center folks will do this free of charge or do i have to pay for it?
  2. If i am paying for it, does it make more sense to take it to some good tyre shop instead of a service center? i am assuming this does not void any warranties.
  3. Approximately how much can this exercise cost me?
Thanks!
Old 17th April 2010, 12:35   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  1. Is wheel alignment issue in less than 3000 kms covered under warranty? Basically i would like to know if the service center folks will do this free of charge or do i have to pay for it?
  2. If i am paying for it, does it make more sense to take it to some good tyre shop instead of a service center? i am assuming this does not void any warranties.
  3. Approximately how much can this exercise cost me?
Thanks!
+

I think the warranty does not cover wheel alignment in the 1st service.
from 2nd service onwards, they will check and adjust the wheel alignment.
(here you must understand that according to Ford- Free service means, only labour is free and we have to pay for the cost of consumables!)

imo, wheel alignment can be done in a good tyre shop which may be cheaper than ford workshop.

reegarding the cost - it depends workshop to workshop.
when I changed to Alloys, the ford workshop did the Balancing which
they charged Rs.200 for balancing and Rs.200 for one sticker (weight)
Old 30th May 2010, 22:13   #41
BHPian

Default First service update

Took the car for a out of city drive to Ganpatiphule and crossed 5000 km mark while doing that. It felt nice and stable on the highway.

Called up Bhavana Ford, Nerul for an appointment and dropped my car at their workshop on Friday morning. Car has no major problems, the problem of car drifting towards right got solved automatically. probably it was due to incorrect tyre pressure.

The only things to be checked/rectified were:
  1. I had noticed some noise from the rear while the boot was loaded (approx. 50Kgs). I was told by the service adviser that this will be solved by lubricating the hand brake cable.
  2. Faint rattle from head unit location while car goes over extremely bumpy roads.
  3. Removal of dust/grease marks that were present on the door trims while delivery.
  4. I had scrapped outside rear view mirror on both sides, so asked for touch-up job. SA said its not possible to do it now as they have a tight schedule due to summer camp.
  5. Paint was missing on top of the door. This was at the edge and it was just 1 cm long exposing the metal underneath. SA was convinced that it was a manufacturing defect and promised to look into it next time. I asked him to make a note of it in this journal so it stays as a proof.
  6. Finally, i asked them to replace the engine oil, which he agreed after protesting a lot and said i will have to change the oil filter as well.
SA asked me to collect the car on the same day itself as they do not have parking space! I said no ways, i cannot come today and will collect tomorrow morning. He agreed after a long debate.

I reached the service center at 12PM on Saturday. To my surprise the car didnt move an inch from where i had parked it, which was on the road outside the workshop by the way..

The SA walks to me and declares that i need to wait till 2PM as they have not serviced the car! Now usually, i would have no problem doing that as it was a Saturday and i have a off, but i had to be in office today 1PM! I am furious but calmly ask him why he did not inform me about it? I would not have come to this place. I asked for the keys as I was getting late. He has no answer and goes to fetch the key.

SA returns after about 10 minutes with the job card and asks me to sign on it. He has written that the car is not serviced because customer does not have time! Now, i lose my cool, give him an earful, write on the job card that the job was not done on time as committed, no info was provided and i was asked to sign on a false statement - I ask him to sign this. Also, i ask him to call his manager. Another 5-10 mins wasted and he comes back with another SA who hears my story and gives him an earful. He promises to check all mechanical parts and change oil for me in 20 minutes. However, no cleaning will be done. I agree as i really dont have time to visit them again in the next week.

So this is my first service experience with Ford! Certainly not the most pleasant one. The car came out dirtier than how i took it there and 4 out of 6 complains were not addressed. I am not too sure about oil change either as i checked the oil using dip stick and its dark after running the car for less than 50kms. Also, its way above the max marker. I suspect they have just topped up the engine oil cause in bikes atleast the engine oil didnt change colour till a couple of hundred kms. Dunno about cars.

Total bill: under 1300 bucks. Sentiment: very disappointed.
Old 31st May 2010, 09:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

Its really bad to hear your first service experience .
Suggest send an email to ford directly and ask them to instruct the service people to pick up the car from you place do all the work and return the car. I think ford will definitely listen to you.!
Old 31st May 2010, 10:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

Angry

I second nairrk's suggestion, Write a mail to Ford customer care. I had done the same when I had issues during the first service with the Thane Ford dealer, got a prompt reply and call from Ford India as well as the dealer with assurances of getting the issues resolved immediately.
Keep the dealer also in the loop so he is aware that you are contacting Ford.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 11:56   #44
BHPian

Kapil...seems like my worst fears are going to come true...Figo is going to take a toll on the service experience, as time goes by. Suggest you take up this issue strongly, and if time permits, insist on proof that oil change has indeed been done. Mine is nearing the 2nd free service around 20th June, 2010. While I am prepared to give them extra time for carrying out the service, but am not going to settle for things not being done properly.
Old 31st May 2010, 12:04   #45
BHPian

This is the undesirable side-effect of Figo popularity. Lots of hatches coming in for service puts a strain on the staff. Can't really blame anyone. Ford has to spruce up their service network. No other alternative.
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote