Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th March 2010, 19:44   #31

@ Windiesel, Congrats on your new Porcelain White Manza QJD Aura. I jus love it on Manza. As a newbie here , can you tell me the purpose of 'Door Rub Guards' ?

@ Windiesel, Congrats on your new Porcelain White Manza QJD Aura. As a newbie here , can you tell me the purpose of "Door rub guard" ?

Last edited by Dippy : 8th March 2010 at 09:46. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
sanjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 21:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Check if the MID is also linked with instrument cluster intensity control. Try reducing / keep the intrument cluster intensity level in the middle. It appears the MID display is set too bright and thus appear blurred.
Yes, you have a point there. I'll check it out, pronto..

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Thanks - the reason I asked is because I have also got my car from sale dealer in Patiala. I live in Noida but belong to Patiala. My parents live there so I decided to buy from Patiala as it saved me about 20k on road tax etc. when compared to NCR. I agree, Goyal Motors is probably a worst TATA dealer. They actually overcharged me Rs.6,542 on ex-showroom price. I went from Noida to take delivery, so at that time paid the extra money but later complained to TML area office at Chandigarh to get refund. Then the dealer did not update the sale of my car in Tata Siebel system because of which my car did not show up in the database at a Noida dealer for 1st service. Had to call Goyal Motors to get the details updated. I got the extended warranty from them but they did not update the details in the system so far, so the extended warranty still does not show in the Tata systems as yet. And at the time of delivery, they made us wait for four hours only to get the invoice of the car. Man, it was one of the worst car buying experience we had at their dealership. Just thought of letting you know so you know what to do if you face these post delivery issues.
Hey, no one there even talked about extended warranty... as a result I don't have it. Wonder if I can get it now though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
That dead pedal right to accelerator is nice idea, gives a flat foot accelerator control, but the implementation is wrong....
OT:
i recollect the movie Final Destination 2 scene : mineral water bottle gets under brake pedal.
Yes you are right. BTW I saw that movie too!
windiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 22:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

@Wind- Yes you can get it now however will be a bit expensive then it would had been when you bought the car. And imo extended warranty gives a good piece of mind.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 10:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Wind- Yes you can get it now however will be a bit expensive then it would had been when you bought the car. And imo extended warranty gives a good piece of mind.
WinDiesel - The price is Rs.5,250 for 2+2 extended warranty if bought within 30 days of buying the car. After 30 days the price increases. So I guess you have some time. You can go to any Tata dealer and buy the extended warranty. Dealers have some margin in selling the extended warranty, so I guess any Tata dealer in NCR will be happy to issue you a warranty certificate. I personally suggest you should go for it. It will cover your car for 4 years/ 150k km.
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 11:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Its a VFM buy with load of space.
Its screaming for alloys. Would look more meaner.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 22:39   #36
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy. But to be honest, I expected a more detailed review from you. Can you please detail your experience with the car after your weekend drive?
airbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 23:11   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Check if the MID is also linked with instrument cluster intensity control. Try reducing / keep the intrument cluster intensity level in the middle. It appears the MID display is set too bright and thus appear blurred.
Just checked now Yes the Instrument cluster intensity control is linked to MID brightness also, Not sure if your case for dull display was that but surely try once. Mine is not so dull will try to post some picture.
Akhil@Bengaluru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 23:31   #38
BHPian

Bangles' Manic Monday.Took the Manza to office for the first time. Wow man! it made jaws drop, heads turn, tongues wag and people turning green with envy. The works, man. Best Monday I've ever had, I tell you! Best was the case of a colleague who's booked a dzire VDI and was bragging about it. He went 'the VDI has everything you'll ever want except tilt adjust steering which the ZDi has, you don't really need it, he said!' You should've seen his ashen face when I proudly announced that Boss I got the bloody thing right here! just reach under the steering column!! and when I told him that the SX-4 is shortly going to come out with the 90 bhp engine which the Manza already has, our man promptly excused himself! Shitting bricks?? you bet!!
I'm just floored with the awesome torque. You can upshift from 1st all the way to 4th WITHOUT TOUCHING THE ACCELERATOR!! I tried it today, it's crazy man I've never seen anything like this before. There's 500 kms on the odo and the fuel gauge says just under half!! few more cars like this and the bloody Arabs will be back on the camels selling damned khajoors, man!
Just taking it easy right now, trying my best to keep it under 2000 rpm, but honestly, fighting a loosing battle! it does shoot up to 3000rpm at times! but what the hell! those italianos must have thought about it when making such an enthusiastic engine. The suspension is like a magic carpet ride, just soaks up everything the combined onslaught of MCD and NDMC has to offer (these are two very nasty goblins that Delhi has, I'm sure you must be having something like these priceless gems in your city too!)
The love affair continues... almost midnight, working day tomorrow... more later. Watch this space, don't get spaced out, though!

Last edited by windiesel : 8th March 2010 at 23:33.
Old 8th March 2010, 23:52   #39
BHPian

Congrats!

Just wanted to check if you have driven the Linea, if yes, can you give your personal comparison between the 2 giants and the reason why you chose Manza over the Linea.

I have been drooling over the Manza ever since I saw GTO's detailed report on it. But Linea looks almost as interesting. These two horses of the same stable (not owners) are having a dog fight in my mind!
vasanthn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 00:08   #40
BHPian

Default For immediate attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post

This is only a Temp no. Will definitely take your advice and go in for the high security ones once the permanent Delhi no. is recd.
Congrats on your new car. Wish you safe motoring.

Please change the number plate colour to the stipulated colour for temporary plates. It should be yellow/orange background with red letters. Please check at an RTO and change these. White background and black letters are for private cars having permanent registration.

I too did the same mistake by cutting sticker in white and black thinking the plate would display the temp no till full registraion is done, but when the MV inspector saw it when I went for registration, he got mad at me.

So before you get into trouble, change it to the proper colour scheme.

Viju
vijuvarghese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 00:12   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
There's 500 kms on the odo and the fuel gauge says just under half!! few more cars like this and the bloody Arabs will be back on the camels selling damned khajoors, man!
I dedicate my 100th post to Manza.

Great to know that you are enjoying the car

No doubt that this engine is a fill it ,shut it ,forget it type of engine.The Italians have done a great job in designing this engine.One has to appreciate TATA for the interior design and features in the car.The car is really VFM.Maruthi should improve the interior design of its products.

I still remember the day I took my Indica (Sezary Red DLX) to college(1999 december) for the first time .It stunned almost everyone with its looks and space.My cousin who had brought the UNO in the same month was really depressed.

Drive safe and please continue to update.

Last edited by Mevtec : 9th March 2010 at 00:16.
Mevtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 09:02   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate on the Manza. Through CSD at 6 odd lacs this is steal for the space and comfort it gives.

Nice pics there.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 09:47   #43
BHPian

the beads on the seat thing just killed it for me man. it would be very uncomfortable to sit on beads. and the steering is not that hot looking imo. you should have gone with the plain and simple all black leather without the grips thingys. it may come out to you as rude but i am being honest. but hey who am i to judge. other than that its looking awesome!. i love the music system layout, buttons on the steering. instrument console. and the dash design.

congratulations.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 18:19   #44
BHPian

Congratulations on the new giant in your garage. Take good care of her.

WARNING - Do not let her lull you to comfort and keep the updates coming. See whats happened to all the Manza owners on TBHP, including me. Some have created ownership threads and some never do so (me included) but fact is the updates just dry up.

If I didn't own one, I would say TML blackmails all owners against putting up any updates on TBHP (or maybe they still havent caught up with me since I never posted??)
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 23:50   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuice View Post
@ Windiesel, Congrats on your new Porcelain White Manza QJD Aura. I jus love it on Manza. As a newbie here , can you tell me the purpose of 'Door Rub Guards' ?
You get them put so that if you accidentally bang the door against some other car or a wall or something, the paintwork on the leading edge of the door won't get scraped off

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
WinDiesel - The price is Rs.5,250 for 2+2 extended warranty if bought within 30 days of buying the car. After 30 days the price increases. So I guess you have some time. You can go to any Tata dealer and buy the extended warranty. Dealers have some margin in selling the extended warranty, so I guess any Tata dealer in NCR will be happy to issue you a warranty certificate. I personally suggest you should go for it. It will cover your car for 4 years/ 150k km.
Thanks Amit I guess I will get it done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats. Its a VFM buy with load of space.
Its screaming for alloys. Would look more meaner.
Yeah, I heard it too. Any particular brand in mind? Cost??

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Congrats on your new buy. But to be honest, I expected a more detailed review from you. Can you please detail your experience with the car after your weekend drive?
I will post a more detailed one as soon as I'm into the weekend and the white giant has had her belly refueled. I'm anxious to find out if there is any mismatch between the DIS Average and the True Average. Will keep you posted, a.b.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Just checked now Yes the Instrument cluster intensity control is linked to MID brightness also, Not sure if your case for dull display was that but surely try once. Mine is not so dull will try to post some picture.
I tried so hard. Best I could manage was to change the brightness of the Music System Display. Beats me, pal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Congrats! Just wanted to check if you have driven the Linea, if yes, can you give your personal comparison between the 2 giants and the reason why you chose Manza over the Linea.
I have been drooling over the Manza ever since I saw GTO's detailed report on it. But Linea looks almost as interesting. These two horses of the same stable (not owners) are having a dog fight in my mind!
Driven the Linea as well. The suspension, build quality, solid feel etc of a Linea are in a different league. Performance is more or less the same. Looks are beyond compare... Go for it if you can afford it. Well, I couldn't, so I settled for the Manza! simple. Another thing, in case you're considering the petrol Linea then you're within striking distance of the segment leader, the ANHC too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
Congrats on your new car. Wish you safe motoring.Please change the number plate colour to the stipulated colour for temporary plates. It should be yellow/orange background with red letters.
Never seen a car like that in Delhi... but you must be right. However when in Rome do as the Romans do. So i'm gonna stick to my guns and see what happens, if any thing does, I'll keep you informed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
I dedicate my 100th post to Manza.Great to know that you are enjoying the car
No doubt that this engine is a fill it ,shut it ,forget it type of engine.The Italians have done a great job in designing this engine.One has to appreciate TATA for the interior design and features in the car.The car is really VFM.Maruthi should improve the interior design of its products.
I still remember the day I took my Indica (Sezary Red DLX) to college(1999 december) for the first time. It stunned almost everyone with its looks and space.My cousin who had brought the UNO in the same month was really depressed. Drive safe and please continue to update.
I'm doing precisely the same thing now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
the beads on the seat thing just killed it for me man. it would be very uncomfortable to sit on beads. and the steering is not that hot looking imo. you should have gone with the plain and simple all black leather without the grips thingys. it may come out to you as rude but i am being honest. but hey who am i to judge. other than that its looking awesome!. i love the music system layout, buttons on the steering. instrument console. and the dash design.congratulations.
Hey Caramelo, don't get senti, man you're as sweet as caramel custard and being a fellow BHPian you got all the right to let me have it left and right if you feel like it! BTW that black steering wheel cover does look bad but its very comfortable with those thingys. (i was wondering what to call them , now you've given me a name! and those beads are pretty comfortable to sit on! try it once.. I assure you they'll stay on the seat and won't go any place they're not supposed to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
Congratulations on the new giant in your garage. Take good care of her.
WARNING - Do not let her lull you to comfort and keep the updates coming. See whats happened to all the Manza owners on TBHP, including me. Some have created ownership threads and some never do so (me included) but fact is the updates just dry up.If I didn't own one, I would say TML blackmails all owners against putting up any updates on TBHP (or maybe they still havent caught up with me since I never posted??)
Which model/colour? how many kms have you clocked?