Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st April 2010, 18:01   #76
BHPian

Congratulations Sir for the car (albeit belated)

Wish the beast and its master a very happy motoring!!
keyurshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 18:48   #77
BHPian

Default Updates?

WinDiesel - any updates on your car? I guess it must have clocked a few thousand km's by now. Can you also share the FE of your car. The reason I am asking is because I am getting around 14 in NCR traffic with 100% AC. I know it's not bad, somehow I expected a little more (say 15-16) when buying the car. Need your view on this as you also drive in NCR? Thanks
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 22:41   #78
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to meet Windiesel in person today, TBHP stickers surely help. Awaiting your update sir.

BTW, the car you saw me in isn't my personal ride.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 20:03   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
WinDiesel - any updates on your car? I guess it must have clocked a few thousand km's by now. Can you also share the FE of your car. The reason I am asking is because I am getting around 14 in NCR traffic with 100% AC. I know it's not bad, somehow I expected a little more (say 15-16) when buying the car. Need your view on this as you also drive in NCR? Thanks
Well Amit, I'm getting around 15.5 but with the A/C on about 50% of the time since it gets too cold even at 1. I manually switch it on and off because I realised that even if you turn up the thermostat (more into the Red Band), the compressor does not shut off,, the system just seems to be mixing more of the outside Air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Got a chance to meet Windiesel in person today, TBHP stickers surely help. Awaiting your update sir.
BTW, the car you saw me in isn't my personal ride.
It was indeed nice to be recognised as a bhpian on the roadside! my first (and very pleasant) time. I hope more guys bump into tsk13 because he's such a warm and charming chap! watch out guys the sird is coming....

As far as the updates are concerned, I've just landed back from a 2000 km road trip which took me all the way to Munsiyari and back.
The Route out was Delhi- Bijnor- Najibabad- Lansdowne - Pauri- Karnprayag- Gwaldam- Bageshwar- Chaukori- Munsiyari with halts at Lansdowne (where I bumped into my second bhpian- sorry don't recollect his name now) .. and Chaukori
The route out was Munsiyari- Chaukori-Bageshwar- Almora- Bhimtal- kathgodam- Kaladhungi- Garhmukteswar-Pilkhuwa- Ghaziabad- Delhi without any night halts. Started rolling at 0500 from Munsiyari and swithed off at Delhi at 2300 the same day. Awsome experience man! it had all the ingredients of a blockbuster, action, adventure, horror (when a pine tree fell across the road right in front of us in a storm) grief (when my wife leaned on the left front armrest and it just gave way, horrible bloody quality) fear (when a thick fog descended on us just a few miles from Munsiyari at 10 in the night and we couldn't see 5 feet in front of the narrow single road with a sheer drop on one side and a rockface on the other..... man, were we shitting bricks!
Anyway, other than the armrest incident and a few other electrical problems that are here to stay forever with Tatas, the car behaved well. The electrical gremlins were
1. The dicky light would go off at will. You're loading/unloading in the dead of night and suddenly.... pitch dark ... luckily a Torch (Eveready Jeevansathi) is always in my glove box.
2. The music system will just go blank for a second when you put on the left indicator, but not always. Even the service center guys are flummoxed!

I find posting pics an uphill task.... I'll do it soon enough though..
windiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 20:36   #80
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!

Congrats on enjoying your ride! I hope you have further updates on the Manza at an advanced mileage (I am considering buying one too)
Please also let us know if there are any build/ ride/ safety issues that have cropped up (hopefully not). Appreciate some pics as well
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 03:01   #81
BHPian

Lightbulb Re: The White Giant Rules!! What's up?

Bumping a three year old thread here. Any updates - good, bad , ugly? How has the White Giant behaved in this period? Any major issues/surprises? Pointers on experiences with TA$$ would be useful.

Cheers!
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 15:59   #82
BHPian

Default Re: The White Giant Rules!! What's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Bumping a three year old thread here. Any updates - good, bad , ugly? How has the White Giant behaved in this period? Any major issues/surprises? Pointers on experiences with TA$$ would be useful.

Cheers!
All generally well, done 65000kms most major issue was when I had to get the synchromesh rings changed, the AC compressor bearing packed up once thats about all, nothing like stranded on the roadside types. In delhi I've been going to Narainsingh Motors near Jehangirpuri metro station, fully satisfied with them. plus you'll get special treatment once Mr. Mandeep over there sees the teambhp sticker on your car!! I'm waiting for the new scorpio before letting go of the white giant.
windiesel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 16:45   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
All generally well, done 65000kms most major issue was when I had to get the synchromesh rings changed, the AC compressor bearing packed up once thats about all, nothing like stranded on the roadside types. In delhi I've been going to Narainsingh Motors near Jehangirpuri metro station, fully satisfied with them. plus you'll get special treatment once Mr. Mandeep over there sees the teambhp sticker on your car!! I'm waiting for the new scorpio before letting go of the white giant.
That's heartening news! Most owners that I have talked to have felt that the Manza was a leap ahead in terms of quality for Tata and save a few niggles that crop up with age in most cars, Manza has acquitted itself well. FE and comfort (that includes ride quality, effective HVAC and oodles of space) remain the strong points of the car.
Most TA$$, now that they are familiar with the vehicle, are up to the task of correctly diagnosing and remedying most commonplace faults of the car IMHO. The odd incompetent/disinterested SAs at some TA$$ remain the exception though.
Still, the fact remains that the car is a neutral, spacious and a comfortable family sedan .

(PS: Could I have Mr Mandeep's # please? Tried locating the Service Station on Google Maps but could not find it listed. Spotted a couple of Petrol Pumps and auto ancillaries/accessories shops near the Metro Station though. Here's the link - http://goo.gl/maps/2Pj2G)

(PPS : The Munsiyari Travelogue is over 3 years overdue )

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 13th April 2014 at 17:09. Reason: Inserting Google Maps link
Old 13th April 2014, 17:07   #84
BHPian

Quote:
That's heartening news! Most owners that I have talked to have felt that the Manza was a leap ahead in terms of quality for Tata and save a few niggles that crop up with age in most cars, Manza has acquitted itself well. FE and comfort (that includes ride quality, effective HVAC and oodles of space) remain the strong points of the car.
Most TA$$, now that they are familiar with the vehicle, are up to the task of correctly diagnosing and remedying most commonplace faults of the car IMHO. The odd incompetent/disinterested SAs at some TA$$ remain the exception though.
Still, the fact remains that the car is a neutral, spacious and a comfortable family sedan .

(PS: Could I have Mr Mandeep's # please? Tried locating the Service Station on Google Maps but could not find it listed. Spotted a couple of Petrol Pumps and auto ancillaries/accessories shops near the Metro Station though. Here's the link - http://goo.gl/maps/2Pj2G)

Cheers !
Heres the info you need:
Mr. Mandeep Singh
011-47069111 to 114
Narainsingh Motors
D-43 SMA Indl. Area Opp Jehangirpuri, Delhi
(I think one has to turn in from metreo pillar no. 137)

You're a Manza owner as well? and do I see a T-90 there on your profile? Armoured Corps?

Last edited by windiesel : 13th April 2014 at 17:09.
windiesel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 17:46   #85
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: The White Giant Rules!! What's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Heres the info you need:
Mr. Mandeep Singh
011-47069111 to 114
Narainsingh Motors
D-43 SMA Indl. Area Opp Jehangirpuri, Delhi
(I think one has to turn in from metreo pillar no. 137)

You're a Manza owner as well? and do I see a T-90 there on your profile? Armoured Corps?
You hit the nail on the head sir! And going by your avatar, I suspect Artillery?
I was contemplating picking up my cousin's Manza (he's again a Cavalryman, and is moving w-a-y up North, if you get my drift, and hence having to let go of his trusty steed). Here's a link to my earlier post querying about the same...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3399661
So the car is with me now and I'm very happy with it (still getting used to the torque and cavernous interiors - I migrated from a Zen MPFi, though the handling was , ahem, not so inspiring ). Since I expect to retain the car for a while I wanted to go to the best and most knowledgeable people for the routine maintenance, hence the querying. I hope to interact with you and other Manza owners, notably Mr Singla, in one of the meets and take some pointers.
As is only to be expected, I have read every single review, ownership report, travelogue and niggles thread on the Manza in TeamBHP, so you could say that I have made a somewhat informed decision. I was aware of the strengths and weaknesses of the car. My cousin had an Indica V2 before he sold it for the Manza. Both the cars have been niggle free for him. I hope same is the case with my ownership(touchwood)!
Hope to interact ith you more on the subject sir.

Cheers !
Old 13th April 2014, 18:23   #86
BHPian

Quote:
You hit the nail on the head sir! And going by your avatar, I suspect Artillery?
I was contemplating picking up my cousin's Manza (he's again a Cavalryman, and is moving w-a-y up North, if you get my drift, and hence having to let go of his trusty steed). Here's a link to my earlier post querying about the same...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3399661
So the car is with me now and I'm very happy with it (still getting used to the torque and cavernous interiors - I migrated from a Zen MPFi, though the handling was , ahem, not so inspiring ). Since I expect to retain the car for a while I wanted to go to the best and most knowledgeable people for the routine maintenance, hence the querying. I hope to interact with you and other Manza owners, notably Mr Singla, in one of the meets and take some pointers.
As is only to be expected, I have read every single review, ownership report, travelogue and niggles thread on the Manza in TeamBHP, so you could say that I have made a somewhat informed decision. I was aware of the strengths and weaknesses of the car. My cousin had an Indica V2 before he sold it for the Manza. Both the cars have been niggle free for him. I hope same is the case with my ownership(touchwood)!
Hope to interact ith you more on the subject sir.

Cheers !
Yes sir! Arty indeed, King of the Battle, remember? (82 Reg now not in uniform). Manza is the most under rated car IMHO. It has niggles but so do other cars. Dzires Innovas are all getting recalled big time. All the best, PM me your street name so I can give you Mandeep's Mob no. and tell him about you.
windiesel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote