Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th March 2010, 10:27   #1
BHPian

Default My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!

Starting a new thread about my ownership of the Manza QJD Aura in Porcelain White. Its been three fun filled and exciting days ever since I drove it home all alone from Patiala To Delhi. (If there be a prize for the worst dealership in India the Patiala guy will give a tough fight to everyone else!!) Whoever sees the car is just amazed that Tata can make a car like this. Let me start with a few pics.

This is just as I reached home from Patiala. Note the Mileage folks. It went all the way up to 25 on the GT Road!!
Name:  Car Pics 06Mar2010 001.jpg
Views: 8568
Size:  125.5 KB

Some pooja being done on Arrival
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-002.jpg

Front Threequrater profile
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-003.jpg

Side profile
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-004.jpg

Another one from the quarterback
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-005.jpg

Fullback view
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-006.jpg

Jugaad dead Pedal!!
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-007.jpg
Leather Steering cover(hand stitched in my presence) added For 750 quid
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-008.jpg

The Gear knob now in Faux leather rather than the real mccoy
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-009.jpg

Seat covers in jet black (Rs.3200) to contrast with the White
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-012.jpg

Door rub guards for Rs. 250
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-013.jpg

The Famous missing parcel tray speakers. They came only in the Initial lot of Auras. Now in ABS up
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-014.jpg

Terminator Pin type gear lock. Rs.1000
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-016.jpg

Beads for front seats. Rs 600
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-018.jpg
Rivets on the door beadings. Rs. 150. That's yours truly in the reflection!!
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-019.jpg

Mud Flaps. Rs. 300
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-021.jpg

This ones when the sun came up a bit
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-023.jpg

Double set of mats. Rs 1500 for both.
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-028.jpg

The tilt steering lever which I could not locate initially
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-029.jpg
The DIS is so hazy. Is it that way only or something can be done about it? Beats me!
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-031.jpg
Highish Idling rpm. Torque is immense. Cruises in fourth at idling rpm cleanly.
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-033.jpg
It is an Aura!!
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-034.jpg
Last but not the least... a sampler of crazy Patiala English. Lot of Patiala guys are there in the Services but this is too much!!
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-car-pics-06mar2010-035.jpg
windiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 10:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your MANZA. Very spacious interiors. But why on earth do u need to rivet the door beadings ?
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 11:13   #3
BHPian

Default Nice Color!

Congrats on the new car. Can you please share what was the reason for buying it from Patiala and how much you paid to dealer as price for the car, temp registration, extended warranty etc? Thanks in advance.
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 11:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Manza looks beautifull in white, congrats. Change the number plate to the new high security embossed type, will look great on white car. Any plan for alloys?
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 11:38   #5
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Congrats windiesel. I too had same question as driv3r - why door beadings?.

Also, am newbie to 'Terminator Pin type gear lock'. Can you please elaborate on why do we need them?.

The seat covers look good. Rs 250 for 8 door rub guards?. I remember being quoted twice that price at one of the car decors here in Hyderabad.

White Manza looks good.Have seen couple of them on road. The beast looks majestic

cheers,
Vijay
vjoy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 12:09   #6
Team-BHP Support

I've always wondered how the beads on the seat help ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 12:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
In the case of leather that is not perforated, you sweat less with those beads on.

And also, when on long drives, these beads mean less number of butt breaks.
Old 7th March 2010, 12:22   #8
BHPian

why do u need a dead pedal for the roght foot? it should have been on the left side i guess?
car-dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 12:26   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Your Manza needs a set of alloys! What on earth is that piece of wood doing next to the accelerator?

And the Patiala "in your services" guys didn't offer free mudflaps?
smartcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 12:33   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Congrats on your MANZA. Very spacious interiors. But why on earth do u need to rivet the door beadings ?
Because the famous Delhi Chors flick them and sell them for their daily fix. Sometimes it is also done in connivance with the Accessories guy as you have to buy the whole set if you loose one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Manza looks beautifull in white, congrats. Change the number plate to the new high security embossed type, will look great on white car. Any plan for alloys?
This is only a Temp no. Will definitely take your advice and go in for the high security ones once the permanent Delhi no. is recd. Can't afford Alloys right now. Lemme see how tough are these stock steel wheels. In case they turn out to be weak as Indica's then I have to seriously think of Alloys at a later date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Congrats windiesel. I too had same question as driv3r - why door beadings?.
I hope I have addressed your question above...

Also, am newbie to 'Terminator Pin type gear lock'. Can you please elaborate on why do we need them?.
The seat covers look good. Rs 250 for 8 door rub guards?. I remember being quoted twice that price at one of the car decors here in Hyderabad.
White Manza looks good.Have seen couple of them on road. The beast looks majestic cheers,Vijay
Thanks. I was quoted 350 for the rub guards. Eventually struck a deal at 250. Pin type gear lock is just a type of gear lock. The other one being the U type. Terminator is just a brand name, other famous ones being Piranha, Autocop etc. A separate thread exists for gear locks. you may like to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The practical reason is that these beads create gaps for air to circulate between your back and the seat material, hence your shirt will not be drenched with sweat and stick to the seat. This is more pronounced if you do not have real leather seats (which is breathable) and have Artificial leather ones (which are not breathable). This problem is not very pronounced if you use fabric seat covers.
Other than the above, these beads are also said to have some therapeutic value of Accupressure of sorts. So people say.
Old 7th March 2010, 12:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Your Manza needs a set of alloys! What on earth is that piece of wood doing next to the accelerator?

Yeah. And in case that thing is accidentally dislodged while driving, its a perfect recipe for disaster.
Old 7th March 2010, 12:37   #12
BHPian

Congrats man, the car looks beautiful.

Pardon my ignorance, how does the Terminator Pin type gear lock function? Is is supposed to be inserted into that thing mentioned as terminator in the same picture. Is the gear lock provided by Tata. Also, isnt the dead pedal supposed to be for the left foot, and placed left side of the clutch pedal?

Wish you a very happy, pleasant and safe motoring.
Abes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 12:42   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post

That piece of wood is a juggad to rest my right foot on during the long Patiala Delhi drive. I found the fly by wire tech Accelerator too light and the right foot was always straining to merely touch the pedal gently and not to push it hard. Maybe I'm used to Indica's desi pedal.
All I got out of that darned Ptials dealer was a glass of water and a Patiala peg of over sweetend tea. Period. Ah yes, there was this mandatory V shape red ribbon on the Bonnet and some Dhoopbatti too!!!
Old 7th March 2010, 12:45   #14
BHPian

Ok, I could be wrong here, but isn't a dead pedal (even if its a makeshift one) supposed to be to the left of the clutch? I don't understand why you'd need a foot rest to the right of the accelerator...

Anyway, awesome purchase! Hope you have miles and miles of great motoring ahead.

P.S. Indeed, the horrible English that I see in places! I'm left exasperated.
Pyrotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 12:49   #15
BHPian

Congrats on the new buy.looks smashing in white.why dont you get the fabric on the door armrests changed to black to compliment the black seats?
aditya116 is offline   Reply With Quote