Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th March 2010, 10:34   #166
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guess what I just discovered yesterday? As someone who HATES teflon, I've ended up with just that! The previous owner of this car had got the Civic teflon-coated

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
Mobil 1 on the civic is pure bliss. I just changed mine after 40k kms and its has become really rev-happy. just a light touch on the accelerator and the car just leaps. Much easier and more fun to redline now
+1 to that. Mobil 1 makes the engine noticeably happier at high revvs. Plus, there's no guilt with redlining the engine thanks to A+ grade protection. Take a look at this linky; at 75,000 kms of high-revving, my Vtec hasn't lost any of her horses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I ended up buying a silver-blue. It is hard to find a good deal in Bangalore, paid 7.6L for a Sep 2006 AT with 40K on odo.
Congrats on the deal!

Quote:
But once I discovered what is in store after 3000 rpm, there was no looking back. The throttle is almost always in kick-down.
I'm discovering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Honestly, every time I go to the pump, I'm not thinking "there goes more money to be exploded". I think "that's another 200KMs of fun!".
Only a petrolhead....

Quote:
I was recently contacted by a survey dude from J D Power who actually noted down all my complaints. Maybe change is in store?
That's standard JD practice for their annual rankings.

Last edited by GTO : 13th March 2010 at 10:35.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 11:55   #167
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

7.6 is actually a bargain civic-sense. i am yet to find one below 9 laks. this is of course on the internet.
GTO, i have not seen anyone talking endlessly about his city after it is sold. true to it's thread title, it is still GTO's vtec. as you said, only a petrol head.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 12:25   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Good question, RR Zen. See, I bought a used car and thus, there will always be some element of doubt on how it was driven. Plus, it is over 2 years old. That's why I switched over to Mobil 1 2,500 kms too early. I don't expect her to visit the service station before Feb '11 now.
I am afraid you may have to visit a little earlier than Feb '11 as you will reach the service interval time before that considering this will be your daily ride.
Quote:
I personally like the "perfect circle" rear lights of the pre-facelift. But the front end of the new one is better.
The Nissan Skyline and Ferrari's round influence (not a copy) looked perfect on the Civic
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 12:48   #169
BHPian

Quote:
I think "that's another 200KMs of fun!".
That reminded me of something. Isn't the tank capacity hopelessly low? Even my Palio had a 45L tank. Ond teh Optra, a whopping 75L. With a mileage of 8-9, the range for a full tank is just around 400Kms. Just adequate, I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guess what I just discovered yesterday? As someone who HATES teflon, I've ended up with just that! The previous owner of this car had got the Civic teflon-coated
A mini-truck happened to scratch the left side of the boot (about the size of a notebook) a week after I acquired my car. I thought some paint had gone, but defered the repainting to another time. But I was surprised to see that the whole scratch was gone, after I gave the car for the 40K service. Apparantly, the scratch was superficial, and they removed it by rubbing. I guess it was the TEFLON coat at work. It helps you from small scratches, and saves you the unwanted paint jobs.

Last edited by civic-sense : 13th March 2010 at 12:50.
civic-sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 12:54   #170
Senior - BHPian

No, it's not the teflon coat at work. You cannot use rubbing compound on a real teflon coat.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 13:07   #171
BHPian

Quote:
No, it's not the teflon coat at work. You cannot use rubbing compound on a real teflon coat.
That was just my observation. I might be wrong in my conclusion. My car is TEFLON coated as suggested by the warranty card I got with it.
Old 13th March 2010, 13:09   #172
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Couldn't hold back the rush of jealousy when I started reading your post. Where were all the white Civics when I was searching for one? I ended up buying a silver-blue. It is hard to find a good deal in Bangalore, paid 7.6L for a Sep 2006 AT with 40K on odo.

- Ugly looking alloys.
Ok! This is the civic i had mentioned at post 129 of this thread!

yesterday civic-sense pinged me in our company messenger and asked "are you recshenoy on team bhp" i said yes. then he asked, how much 2006 civic had run for which your manager had paid 7.6L.

I said, "sir, i had mentioned about your civic"

Through this thread, i came across first bhp-ian in my company
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 13:51   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was just my observation. I might be wrong in my conclusion. My car is TEFLON coated as suggested by the warranty card I got with it.
Most dealerships do a simple wax/polish job in the name of a "teflon coat".
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 14:22   #174
Senior - BHPian

GTO, you mentioned of some of the obvious mods planned ahead in the engine/exhaust/wheels departments.. what about exterior mods? I think even with all the performance mods that you have in mind, the car will beg for a nice set of body kits/spoiler to complement the performance with the looks and to some extent, the aerodynamics. With the kind of passion you have in your OHC Vtec, I think an original type R conversion kit (wide front bumper, rear and sides, Carbon fibre spoiler) is also a *MUST* in the "To do" list. Just a thought!
iTNerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 20:17   #175
Senior - BHPian

BBS 18" wheel for civic
Name:  bbs18wheel.jpg
Views: 5816
Size:  76.5 KB

dashboard
Name:  cockpitblack.jpg
Views: 2953
Size:  62.0 KB

stiff dampers
Name:  dumper.jpg
Views: 2948
Size:  72.8 KB

mean front end
Name:  exbeamlight02.jpg
Views: 2850
Size:  11.7 KB

door visor
Name:  exdoorvisor.jpg
Views: 2938
Size:  26.0 KB

front suspension
Name:  frontsus.jpg
Views: 4061
Size:  54.6 KB

rear body kit modulo type-R
Name:  img01.jpg
Views: 3895
Size:  58.7 KB

front skirt modulo type-R
Name:  img02.jpg
Views: 3170
Size:  63.2 KB

side skirt modulo type-R
Name:  img03.jpg
Views: 2944
Size:  38.4 KB

trunk spoiler modulo type-R
Name:  img04.jpg
Views: 3165
Size:  43.5 KB

modified shockers and springs
Name:  img05.jpg
Views: 2834
Size:  56.3 KB

the side look
Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-main.jpg

shocker
Name:  photo04.jpg
Views: 2824
Size:  45.3 KB

rear suspension
Name:  rearsus.jpg
Views: 3395
Size:  50.4 KB

wheels
Name:  wheelcolor.jpg
Views: 2876
Size:  83.1 KB
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 20:18   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Ok! This is the civic i had mentioned at post 129 of this thread!

yesterday civic-sense pinged me in our company messenger and asked "are you recshenoy on team bhp" i said yes. then he asked, how much 2006 civic had run for which your manager had paid 7.6L.

I said, "sir, i had mentioned about your civic"

Through this thread, i came across first bhp-ian in my company
People meet up at strange places. Well, I think I should create my own ownership thread. Else we would end up hijacking this one.
Old 13th March 2010, 20:28   #177
Senior - BHPian

wheel and skirt types for standard civic and type-R's sinister looks

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 2792
Size:  34.1 KB

Name:  02.jpg
Views: 2761
Size:  84.1 KB

Name:  03.jpg
Views: 2753
Size:  27.8 KB

Name:  f.jpg
Views: 2749
Size:  51.1 KB

Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-g.jpg

Name:  h.jpg
Views: 2779
Size:  46.8 KB

Name:  i.jpg
Views: 2748
Size:  60.6 KB

Name:  j.jpg
Views: 2743
Size:  111.5 KB
Attached Thumbnails
Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-civicrwall11600.jpg  

Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-civicrwall61600.jpg  

Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-civicrwall91600.jpg  

Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-civicrwall111600.jpg  

Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-civicrwall121600.jpg  

Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-civicrwall141600.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 13th March 2010 at 20:45.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 02:04   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

GTO, stop spoiling us ! Congrats on a nice deal and super car!

I [ am sure there are lots others] am getting tempted for a used Civic now! but cant buy one though now.

I saw that you have written you take the car for service only once in a year! any specific funda for this? and when you take for a service, what all do you do? [Does using high grade fluids & parts help in maintaining the car for one full year without service?]

Also have always wondered how can someone redline the car? Is it in lower gears? coz, on my swift D, I reach 140 in 5th gear @ 4000 rpm and I run out of roads before I can redline my car!

@ Sidindica, I love that car in white and love the tall spoiler too [am not a big fan of lip spoiler]. Believe spoilers should be something to grab attention! Trust me, If I had a white Civic, I would have gone for a tall spoiler and white rims. I have seen a black Civic in bangalore [used to come to EVO- Satya's shop] and he had a lovely tall spoiler. He changed it to a lip spoiler later, but I used to love the tall spoiler MUCH.

One thing for sure -- my next car is going to be a white one!
swiftnfurious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 02:10   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Redline the car in 1st & 2nd (maybe 3rd) gear - that's when you will feel the speed rush. In higher gears, it takes time for the car to get to higher RPMs and acceleration post 100 kmph won't be very quick anyway.
smartcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 08:41   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I saw that you have written you take the car for service only once in a year! any specific funda for this? and when you take for a service, what all do you do? [Does using high grade fluids & parts help in maintaining the car for one full year without service?]
GTO, me too was surprised to read that. Isn't the car still under warranty? Honda recommends a service after every 5000km or 3 months, whichever comes earlier. I am currently in a dilema whether to send the car to the 3 months service as the car has done only 2K after the previous service. But then, I don't have a warranty to worry about. What is that in your mind?

Last edited by civic-sense : 14th March 2010 at 08:43.