Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th March 2010, 09:27   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
wheel and skirt types for standard civic and type-R's sinister looks
And what about this one? Would love to see this type of upgrade.
Courtesy: Super Street Magazine
Attached Images

Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 10:06   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Although I really think its cool, its probably too bling for GTO.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 10:16   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Although I really think its cool, its probably too bling for GTO.
Maybe it could be toned down a bit. Just use some of the ideas. Even I would prefer something more subtle when I pick up my Civic. (I am a former OHC owner after all). I will have to wait a couple of years though.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 11:15   #184
Senior - BHPian

Minus the bling, I spot a K20Zx Si engine with a CT supercharger. Mmm... tastay! The carbon fiber front elements are a straight lift from the nutter Mugen-RR.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 11:46   #185
BHPian

now thats a sexy upgrade! and money well spent . its truly VFM. period.

point of getting one -civic has its own charm and it gives you that high class feel which others can't even if they are somewhat more expensive. and as we all know a lot of potential for mods.

minor details - i don't think much has changed even after the facelift. i still prefer the old jet burner tail lamps. i don't like the sqarish oval tailamps.

my concerns - mileage, abuse by (naughty rich young kids) auto variant gives you trouble with transmission later onwards. has to do with oil (mostly because of abuse). i heard this on a tv program.

whats your view, GTO.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 11:57   #186
BHPian

Congrats on the buy !
Waiting to see the dyno run on this one and the mods.
_raviShankar_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 12:00   #187
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

GTO, your car has raised the expectations on the mods and the looks. Hope you dont disappoint !
I dont know what makes the Hondas look so good even with minor mods. After the Jeep evangelists now its the turn of used Civics !
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 12:33   #188
BHPian

GTO Congratulations for your new car.
anupamsinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 13:51   #189
BHPian

Congrats on a The new car.Quite simply it look's as good as new.
As always most of your threads make a fantastic read
How do you adjust to the fact that you can't see the Bonnet through the windshield.i can never be at peace in a tight space. any day i find it easier to park my dad's OHC Vetc.at least in madras where the traffic is so chaotic in peak hours people just love to cut into your way when they see its a honda.i woud prefer driving something i can see the bonnet in front. i can't exactly get used to the fact that after some time you can estimate the distance.no matter how well you do i don't think it comes close to bringing the front of the bonnet to a close shave

Last edited by abishek2222 : 14th March 2010 at 13:52. Reason: info
abishek2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 14:26   #190
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations GTO for the new ride. It looks absolutely new, just out of showroom types that too at an awesome price. Makes it almost look like a bargain.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 15:15   #191
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
I am afraid you may have to visit a little earlier than Feb '11 as you will reach the service interval time before that considering this will be your daily ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
GTO, me too was surprised to read that. Isn't the car still under warranty? Honda recommends a service after every 5000km or 3 months, whichever comes earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I saw that you have written you take the car for service only once in a year! any specific funda for this? and when you take for a service, what all do you do?
Not really, Dipen. Allow me to clarify:

- Remember, I do have other cars. I expect the Civic's running to be about 7,500 kms a year (same as the Vtec averaged).

- I change the synthetic oil at exactly 7,500 kms. That coincides with 12 months of usage. Plus, when the car goes in for its single annual service, I get everything else done exactly according to this list (Maintain the car yourself. A service checklist). Of course, I do cross-check with the owners manual to see if the manufacturer recommends any additional work at that specific km mark.

- Over this annual service, preventive maintenance is key. I get some extras done that are probably not required.

- If small things do come up, I don't attend to them immediately. Rather, I neatly maintain a word document where the small things keep adding up, only to get addressed in one shot over the annual service. Luckily, Hondas score well in this aspect and there are hardly any smaller bugs (if at all) that arise. On the other hand, you should see my Jeeps list. New entries added every fortnight!

- @ Civic sense : No, my car is out of warranty and hence, I can follow my own well-thought out service schedules.

Quote:
The Nissan Skyline and Ferrari's round influence (not a copy) looked perfect on the Civic
I absolutely love the circular light arrangement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
yesterday civic-sense pinged me in our company messenger and asked "are you recshenoy on team bhp" i said yes. then he asked, how much 2006 civic had run for which your manager had paid 7.6L.

I said, "sir, i had mentioned about your civic"

Through this thread, i came across first bhp-ian in my company
What a way to meet your boss online!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
GTO, you mentioned of some of the obvious mods planned ahead in the engine/exhaust/wheels departments.. what about exterior mods? I think even with all the performance mods that you have in mind, the car will beg for a nice set of body kits/spoiler to complement the performance with the looks
The Civic may just be the first car from my garage to wear a body kit. I've been busy on the other 55 page Modified Civics thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
BBS 18" wheel for civic
Thanks for tempting me even further Sid

Quote:
Also have always wondered how can someone redline the car? Is it in lower gears? coz, on my swift D, I reach 140 in 5th gear @ 4000 rpm and I run out of roads before I can redline my car!
Few cars can redline in the top gear. The only two I know are short-geared diesels. My Jeep and the Accent CRDi.

You can generally redline cars only in the first 3 gear ratios.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 15:27   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I have the strongest belief in the value offered by the used market, and this Civic is only an attestation of that. Beauty of lateral upgrading after all (complete Advice article coming up soon). A new Civic V MT is about 14.25 lakhs OTR Mumbai, I got a nearly new car for 45% less.
Congrats GTO! Wonderful choice. Your car looks a stunner. It was really wise that you considered a less run used car. IMO Its a fantastic deal!
razrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 15:28   #193
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Thanks but I'll pass. Not to my tastes at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
point of getting one -civic has its own charm and it gives you that high class feel which others can't even if they are somewhat more expensive.
Well said! A car from a higher segment at the price of a lower segment. Again, the sheer beauty of buying used. I've said it before and I say it again : Ain't buying a new car for a long time to come.

Quote:
auto variant gives you trouble with transmission later onwards. has to do with oil (mostly because of abuse). i heard this on a tv program.
Actually, buying a used AT is probably safer than a used MT. With an AT, there's no chance of clutch abuse. Some boxes don't even allow you to high-revv.

Plus, modern slushboxes are virtually maintenance free, only requiring fresh oil changes once in a blue moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
GTO, your car has raised the expectations on the mods and the looks. Hope you dont disappoint !
Will try not to. Though you guys will have to be patient. I intend to take my own sweet time researching & modifying.

Quote:
I dont know what makes the Hondas look so good even with minor mods.
Proportionate designs. Take a look at my OHC; a simple wheel + tyre upgrade made it a stunner:

Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-000_0880.jpg

Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-000_0882.jpg

Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-000_0885.jpg

Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-000_0890.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
How do you adjust to the fact that you can't see the Bonnet through the windshield.
Just get used to it, I guess.

Last edited by GTO : 14th March 2010 at 15:29.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 17:03   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks but I'll pass. Not to my tastes at all.
Good, I am not alone here.
Quote:
Actually, buying a used AT is probably safer than a used MT. With an AT, there's no chance of clutch abuse. Some boxes don't even allow you to high-revv.

Plus, modern slushboxes are virtually maintenance free, only requiring fresh oil changes once in a blue moon.
Got me wondering. Why didn't you get an AT? I remember that, in many threads, you had been vocal about the practicality of autoboxes on our roads. Given that this is going to be used for your daliy driving, an AT would have made more sense. Also an AT would have worked out cheaper owing to the lower resale.

Last edited by civic-sense : 14th March 2010 at 17:08.
civic-sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 17:59   #195
BHPian

Congrats mate. love the car , especially the sticker. It all makes logical sense but somehow I still dont like buying a used car. Please dont take it aversely, you seem to have got a splendid deal as well as an almost brand new car ; its just that my heart rules over the head when it comes to cars.

P.S. Thats despite the fact that my own red baby is very much a used car , my first and only love till date.
Takumi-san is offline   Reply With Quote