Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th March 2010, 21:17   #16

Hey GTO, congrats on your latest acquisition. The car looks barely used. I think the deal is a steal! Really nice looking car there.
A350XWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:17   #17

hey GTO congrats.what a car man! it looks like new only.
procircuit_234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:18   #18

neat buy GTO, welcome to the world of civic's...
Neel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:20   #19

..... which explains your absence from the forum for the past few days. The car looks to be in great shape. Congrats on your buy!
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:25   #20

GTO - CONGRATULATIONS!! You are currently living my dream . Congratulations again! Your VTEC went for 3.xx? I purchased a new Wagon-R recently . Serves me right for being off this site for some time. And yes, a White Civic - Just WOW.
Exhaust_Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:40   #21

Congrats GTO!
That is literally a brand new car as 7K on the odo is pretty much negligible. If you handn't mentioned about the used piece and posted these snaps, I am sure most of us would have thought that it is a brand new car.
Waiting for updates on the upcoming mods.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

You have hit two birds with one stone

a. indeed proven your point beyond doubt that pre-owned cars have a great value in them.

b. made some of the new car owners feel the pinch / de-ja-vu.

I would give my case, i paid 10L for my ANHC 9 months ago.
i have till now driven about 14xxx KM in 9 months = 4.5Months for 7000 KMs.

in other words, you have bought a 4-5 months old Honda Civic for 45% lesser price than the new one.

..wish you many more happy ownership years with Honda Civic.

PS: Now the straight talk : You made me look like a dumb guy.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:46   #23

Congrats on the buy! Hope even I realise this dream some day or hopefully maybe it would be realised by your car itself
de3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the world of the 8th Gen Civic. We have cookies.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:57   #25

Was the car owned by someone in your family or a bhpian??? Looks beautifully maintained. The interiors are as good as new.
And you got a 7k run Civic at the price of a Jazz. If I ever decide on buying a Pre-owned car, I know who to PM.
PS: How many people do you think that your GTO is a spelling error and should have been got considering the 's is not visible from a distance?? BTW love it.
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 22:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

What a purchase! Car looks like just out of the showroom. I am actually thinking whether I should try and swap my ANHC with a pre-worshiped Civic . But Civics in such condition are hard to come by in Bangalore and would command a premium.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 22:19   #27

Prior to reading this thread, Used Car market was something I wouldn't touch with a yardstick.But now, it suddenly seems so enticing and VFM than buying a new car.
Rest assured, the first car I purchase [current one is Dad's car, strictly speaking, that I end up driving most of time.]will most probably be a used driver-oriented car.
iTwenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 22:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rush
Civic is my personal fav below 15lac bracket in petrol.
And it does'nt looks a second hand car but just a brand new one.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 22:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Civic has always been a driver's car. One tends to fall in love with that low stance, and this includes me. I find the practicality of the car a bit less as compared to Altis, but its just matter of taking heart vs head decision. After using G1HC, no enthusiast will appreciate Altis. If I have to drive for long on highway, I have a feeling that I will opt for a driver's car only. But I admit that both, Altis and Civic are very close competitors, the decision making process for a common man ( for Altis Vs Civic ) is very, very tough.

Earlier also you had mentioned about Civic upgrade here :

Why do you think my OHC Vtec is not on sale yet? The only head+heart upgrade to the car is the Civic, but I don't think its worth the 8 lakh rupee differential (price of new civic less resale value of my OHC)
The car is a fantastic value for money deal. Its less than the cost of G3HC, equal to Jazz, and yet the car is much more.

I am surprised to see such a VFM deal in city like Mumbai, here we dont have such good deals. I did went out to search for used Corolla to replace Baleno, but backed off as this car would be our highway steed, so kept preference for Baleno rather than used Corolla.

Somehow, you have found one of the best deals.

Last but not the least, the entire thread is excellent with each and every step.
aaggoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 22:35   #30

My my my GTO! Awesome buy! Heartiest congratulations. She looks beautiful!! Keep it shining!

Btw, do I see some Mugen stuff on the horizon?

Congratulations once again buddy. Wishing you all the best..

Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote