Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th September 2010, 11:07   #361
BHPian

Default GTO's started the fire! Pre-owned '07 Honda Civic V

Hi all,

GTO has been inspiration for many of us to look at pre-worshipped cars and I am surprised how many of these pre-worshipped purchase are for Civic. However the route to pre-worshipped beauty is not so smooth and herein T-Bhp's booklet does come in very handy and this entire exercise which lasted more than 4 months has been very learning!

Finally I had to choose between a very well maintained (19K, with lots of accessories) Aug 2006 Civic (S) and a 27 K run Sep 2007 Civic (V). With a difference of abt 50 K i chose the latter and am pretty happy with the purchase.

Thanks @GTO!
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 11:56   #362
BHPian

Default Our Preworshipped Civic

Hi all,

Have attached the photo's of our Civic, a detailed report of Modus Operandi and trips so far (in other section) follows soon!

Cheers

Sailor
Attached Thumbnails
Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-civic.jpg  

Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-dsc_0067-copy.jpg  

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 12:55   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
Hi all,

Have attached the photo's of our Civic, a detailed report of Modus Operandi and trips so far (in other section) follows soon!

Cheers

Sailor
I really like this color on the civic. The car looks pristine. All the best!
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2010, 23:24   #364
BHPian

You got the car in march, you got the ICE done
when are the pics and updates of the alloys and perfomance mods coming along? After reading all about your OHC Vtec's thread. I've been restlessly waiting for update on this thread!
sorry, I have no intention oft bumping an old inactive thread, I'm just restless about the mods going to be done on GTO's civic! specially after the alloys on your OHC were anything to go by.
A understated sleeper!
raghav.carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 13:24   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
sorry, I have no intention oft bumping an old inactive thread, I'm just restless about the mods going to be done on GTO's civic! specially after the alloys on your OHC were anything to go by.
A understated sleeper!
Actually, thats the problem with most Honda owners. If there are no mods done on the car, there is nothing to report as the car runs fine without any problems. Who wants to hear how a stock Honda motor is doing. GTO must just be filling petrol, revving all the to redline, feeling satisfied and parking it. Had he bought a European, American machine, he surely would have more to report/post or crib.

I am sure he is creating a comparison matrix for selecting his next set of mods.

On alloys, I believe its going to be a instantaneous decision rather than a planned one. The moment his eyes give a go-ahead at first glance on a good 17" wheel, it would be below the car's belly in very little time.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 13:36   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Actually, thats the problem with most Honda owners. If there are no mods done on the car, there is nothing to report as the car runs fine without any problems. Who wants to hear how a stock Honda motor is doing. GTO must just be filling petrol, revving all the to redline, feeling satisfied and parking it.
You hit the nail on its head. While I keep posting stuff to my new Civic's ownership thread, it's mostly around incidents that happened during the drive because of road and traffic conditions. The rest of every post is - "it feels great driving this car", rinse, repeat .

Honda owners should be posting about their dealership and service experiences instead, if they're not modding their cars. There'll be much more to talk about there, I'm sure.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 11:08   #367
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
when are the pics and updates of the alloys and perfomance mods coming along? After reading all about your OHC Vtec's thread. I've been restlessly waiting for update on this thread!
Sorry about the wait . As things stand today, my K&N Typhoon 69 kit is in transit. It's a pretty expensive piece of kit for an air-filter, and wasn't in stock with Methods.

My full SS exhaust is also being fabricated as I type this post. In talks with Psycho over piggyback ECU. Expect dyno runs before & after each mod.

As always, I don't intend to compromise on daily-drive reliability with any engine mod.

Quote:
Actually, thats the problem with most Honda owners. If there are no mods done on the car, there is nothing to report as the car runs fine without any problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
You hit the nail on its head.
You couldn't have been more serious. It's been 7 months & 6,000 kms since I got the car. Not a screw gone loose, not a fuse blown...there is simply nothing to report. She's doing absolutely perfect.

Only difference : I can tell the engine is a lot more free-revving from the time I got her. One, thanks to Mobil 1. Second, the generous doses of redlining she gets ever so often.

Quote:
Had he bought a European, American machine, he surely would have more to report/post or crib.
Well, you will see my C220 thread being updated more often.

Quote:
The moment his eyes give a go-ahead at first glance on a good 17" wheel, it would be below the car's belly in very little time.
Just has to be love at first sight (as it was with my Jeep's and OHC's wheels). Haven't hit the field yet. My Civic might just be the first with a piggyback ECU on stock rubber. Fun sliding on thin tyres, did you say?

Last edited by GTO : 5th October 2010 at 11:11.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 13:46   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My Civic might just be the first with a piggyback ECU on stock rubber. Fun sliding on thin tyres, did you say?
Yeah, you surely enjoyed the bald bridgestones on the VTEC more than when they had some threads remaining.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 14:09   #369
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry about the wait . As things stand today, my K&N Typhoon 69 kit is in transit. It's a pretty expensive piece of kit for an air-filter, and wasn't in stock with Methods.
The sound the k&n gives the car, just brilliant. I would love to listen to your car once the filter goes in.

BTW the k&n is sold here at an exorbitant price. I picked up mine in the us for $205.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 17:17   #370
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yeah, you surely enjoyed the bald bridgestones on the VTEC more than when they had some threads remaining.
You remember! What a wicked ride the Vtec on old tyres was . I upgraded to performance rubber, thanks in no part to Moderator Rtech's persuasion, and didn't quite have a blast after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The sound the k&n gives the car, just brilliant. I would love to listen to your car once the filter goes in.
The sound is probably the only benefit of a K&N! I'm told that the 69 series gives a 5 BHP increase. Well, lets wait for the dyno. However, low end response is widely reported to improve on the Civic (my primary motivation).

Quote:
BTW the k&n is sold here at an exorbitant price. I picked up mine in the us for $205.
While the MRP is 18K, most dealers will sell it to you for 13.xx
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 17:29   #371
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

The sound is probably the only benefit of a K&N! I'm told that the 69 series gives a 5 BHP increase. Well, lets wait for the dyno. However, low end response is widely reported to improve on the Civic (my primary motivation).
On the contrary on my V6 I havent noticed any low end improvement (possibly due to it being auto). Its more in the higher end of the powerband, once the vtec kicks in it just screams. Cant wait to convert it to a CAI and see if it makes any difference.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 17:43   #372
BHPian

Post AT at 71,500 on the odo still feels brand new!

Quote:
Actually, thats the problem with most Honda owners. If there are no mods done on the car, there is nothing to report as the car runs fine without any problems. Who wants to hear how a stock Honda motor is doing. GTO must just be filling petrol, revving all the to redline, feeling satisfied and parking it. Had he bought a European, American machine, he surely would have more to report/post or crib.
Exactly! At 71,500 kms on the odo in 3.25 years, my AT still feels brand new.
(It is 100% stock with no mods, not even sun-film).
manim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 19:31   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My full SS exhaust is also being fabricated as I type this post. In talks with Psycho over piggyback ECU. Expect dyno runs before & after each mod.
What is the bhp gain you are expecting with these mods?
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 20:43   #374
BHPian

A small query-forgive me if its a stupid one but does the civic have a hydraulic or an electric power steering?
carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 21:25   #375
BHPian

Carfreak - One among the Hondas that comes with hydraulic power steering, they must have chosen it to retain the steering feel that gets impacted due to electric units.

Don't know whether they'll retain the hydraulic unit for the model change expected next year !
nirmaljusdoit is offline   Reply With Quote