Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 09:14   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

dzire is an average car. my mom repeatedly says three at back was ok for her, but i personally go with you on that. its strictly a 2-at-the-back car. the view is fine with me since i fit a wider mirror on top of my existing one. how would you explain 3 years of no scratch ?

reversing personally in my opinion is an art. i have used 5-6 cars of varying sizes and i never really needed a reverse camera ever. i used to drive the swift 3 hours daily for 50km totally in peak hour traffic and never really felt much of pain. it is in this angle i wanted to know how the manza fares. thats all i meant !
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 09:52   #77
BHPian
 
sagar iswalkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Hey kingpin thats a nice ride. Take care and ride safe.
Even one of my cousin got his one last month. Its the same spec, white manza, 1.3 quadrajet90 bs4 aura (non abs)(no remote locking). He got his car for 7.25l on road including fabric type seat covers. Its good on road with more than enough torque to make quick overtaking moves.
Hey does your car has waterfall type headrests at the rear or fixed ones? Because my brother's car has the fixed ones. My sisters complained about the rear seat comfort. There is loads and loads of legroom but its spoilt by over reclined seats and fixed headrests. This feels more evident at highway speeds.
sagar iswalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 14:07   #78
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar iswalkar View Post
Hey kingpin thats a nice ride. Take care and ride safe.
Even one of my cousin got his one last month. Its the same spec, white manza, 1.3 quadrajet90 bs4 aura (non abs)(no remote locking). He got his car for 7.25l on road including fabric type seat covers. Its good on road with more than enough torque to make quick overtaking moves.
Hey does your car has waterfall type headrests at the rear or fixed ones? Because my brother's car has the fixed ones. My sisters complained about the rear seat comfort. There is loads and loads of legroom but its spoilt by over reclined seats and fixed headrests. This feels more evident at highway speeds.
Head rests are not fixed in my car (Manza Aura ABS QJD). Strange that your cousin got a fixed head rest.While i was on the look out did have a look at all the models right from the aura to aura+ and they all had adjustable head rests.There is a small lever (button) which you need to press to move the head rest. Don't think they would make it a fixed head rest.
kingpin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 10:43   #79
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 572
Thanked: 374 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
Head rests are not fixed in my car (Manza Aura ABS QJD). Strange that your cousin got a fixed head rest.While i was on the look out did have a look at all the models right from the aura to aura+ and they all had adjustable head rests.There is a small lever (button) which you need to press to move the head rest. Don't think they would make it a fixed head rest.
As far as i know, the AQUA & AURA has fixed headrests. It's only in AURA ABS & AURA+, that has adjustable headrests.
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 18:30   #80
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 0 Times
Default 2nd Service --- Update

10k+ on the odo and it was time for the second free service.

Have taken her to several long trips in between the first free service and this one.
a) Bangalore to Pune b)Bangalore to Cochin c)Several trips to Coorg and Sakleshpur,waynad and not to mention the daily commute through hell that is the silk board route to Marathahalli.

Niggles/Problems: Major ones have been highlighted
Place of Service : Concorde Motors, Christ College Bangalore

1) Mud flap thanks to an off road drive.Which was a fantastic experience but something that made me feel guilty post the event.The mud flap on the front driver side was torn and is now replaced by brand new ones.

2) Indicator/Combination switch :It does not switch off automatically,had to turn it off manually after every turn. Informed the Supervisor about it, immediately offered to replace it.Friend goes over 3 days later and they replace it for him too so i think they have identified this as a problem area, would inform all other Manza owners to get this replaced if they have a similar problem.

3)OIL Change : Service guy says 20k and the manual says 20k but i insisted on the change.But the guy goes pull out the stick, looks at the colour, touches it dips it again and pulls it out again and says sir please come with me and goes inside the show room where a Manza QJD black is on display does the same thing with the new car and informs me sir it is the same feel here too. does not require change.
Funny people these Tata Sales supervisors,Thank God my wife wasn't around she would say the display car requires change of oil too haha.But i am not that kind of man, he would probably pee into it while i am not around so i like to speak to them with a lot of respect and also the man probably has a point.TATA says 20k,Manual says 20k similar cars with same engine say 20k why should i say 10k? But i am all for insurance would pay a premium for a good nights sleep,the look on my face convinced him and he agreed to do it the next time. (Oh next time being around 2 months later.Have a trip lined up to good ol chikmagalur and will have plenty of fun Manza SUV (makeshift) heh.So have scheduled a service wash mainly and also an oil change once i am back from the beautiful city).

Had no other issues.Did a thorough check of everything and informed me that the car will be ready by 4 pm, dropped the car at Concorde at 10,Turns out the combi/indicator switch has close to 100+ wires and will require some time.

Got a call from Concorde informing me that the car is ready at around 3 picked her up at 5. And the new combi switch is working good so far. Its been 3 days , and so far no "TATA service at play" issues have cropped up.

Cost of the service : ZERO.Including fixing of the mud flaps which i purchased from Reliance Auto.

Rating : 8/10.

Deducted 2 points because it took me close to 20 min to get the car out.Sales/TD/customer cars blocked my way and was forced to wait for them to take their car out. Also have told them that i am not a fan of under body coating the last time and refused to go for it.
They tried to push it once again, which means they either do not have records of what i said earlier or they are just plain ignorant.

Last edited by kingpin1 : 8th September 2010 at 18:38.
kingpin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 21:58   #81
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Shimla, HP
Posts: 109
Thanked: Once
Default

Manza looks good but does it not seem like a added boot wali sedan, what i mean is that from the front Vista and Manza look almost the same.





This means that its the same deal as with the old Indigo and the old Indica, is it not so? I dont know why the boot of the manza reminds me a lot of GTA 4 maybe it has a car with similar rear boot.

Last edited by ajai_dev : 8th September 2010 at 22:02.
ajai_dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 23:03   #82
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 112
Thanked: 95 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajai_dev View Post
Manza looks good but does it not seem like a added boot wali sedan, what i mean is that from the front Vista and Manza look almost the same.

This means that its the same deal as with the old Indigo and the old Indica, is it not so? I dont know why the boot of the manza reminds me a lot of GTA 4 maybe it has a car with similar rear boot.
I think there is enoud differentiation between the two - anything more would require re-engineering and cost will come somewhere close to Linea. Why would Tata commit such Harakiri? There is nothing that fits everyone. My personal rating for Vista-Manza job is up there.
5kmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 08:46   #83
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajai_dev View Post
Manza looks good but does it not seem like a added boot wali sedan, what i mean is that from the front Vista and Manza look almost the same.
They might look similar but on closer inspection you will realise there is a difference between the two.For starters length of the bonnet,Chrome/grill and also the Boot is well integrated compared to the Indigo and definitely compared to the Dzire.

Will have to say Manza is not a cut and paste job,also keeping in mind there is a cost involved in re-designing an entire car from scratch.
Even the 10Lakhs+ Vento and its Hatch version Polo look extremely similar.So does that make the Volkswagon Vento a bad choice??

I think the Tata's have done a good job with the Manza. It is a sedan which looks similar to the hatch but is not a hatch + boot = Sedan like the DZIRE and the Indigo.
kingpin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 07:42   #84
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Hi kingpin i find that 1.3MJD in my car feels very tired. The pulling power isn't satisfactory. The 2nd and 3rd gear losses power very soon.And the engine noise is too high. Can you share any of your ideas on this. Any one on this forum too.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 17:24   #85
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi kingpin i find that 1.3MJD in my car feels very tired. The pulling power isn't satisfactory. The 2nd and 3rd gear losses power very soon.And the engine noise is too high. Can you share any of your ideas on this. Any one on this forum too.
I will agree with first and second but in third it pulls very nicely.
Get it checked for the third gear.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2010, 19:59   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,700
Thanked: 2,119 Times
Default Re: Manza (QJD AURA ABS)..My Royal White Beast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
They might look similar but on closer inspection you will realise there is a difference between the two.For starters length of the bonnet,Chrome/grill and also the Boot is well integrated compared to the Indigo and definitely compared to the Dzire.

Will have to say Manza is not a cut and paste job,also keeping in mind there is a cost involved in re-designing an entire car from scratch.
Even the 10Lakhs+ Vento and its Hatch version Polo look extremely similar.So does that make the Volkswagon Vento a bad choice??

I think the Tata's have done a good job with the Manza. It is a sedan which looks similar to the hatch but is not a hatch + boot = Sedan like the DZIRE and the Indigo.
IMHO, the average car buyer just compares his car with other cars that are considered. For example, people may compare Manza with Dzire, but not with Figo. yes, in terms of design Manza front looks similar to Vista, but aesthetically it is not an eyesore like the Dzire boot (which is also very thin material)

EDIT:
@kingpin1, did you have your chikmagalur drive? I hope you have some pics and experiences (offroading!) to share

Last edited by selfdrive : 31st December 2010 at 20:00.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 10:24   #87
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kochi, Chennai
Posts: 64
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Manza (QJD AURA ABS)..My Royal White Beast!!

Thank you sir. I was able to pair up my bluetooth device after i read the instruction manual.
aveoman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 16:42   #88
BHPian
 
raj_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Manza (QJD AURA ABS)..My Royal White Beast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
Manza Fist Drive/Info Report:
Niggles?? None so far. Would like to mention the importance of PDI for a TATA car. My PDI went on for 2 hours. Had 3 of my friends join me. T-bhp list was extremely helpful, also had a list of previous TATA niggles and a list (if I may call it that) from one of the cab drivers at my place of work (which was freaking hilarious). .
By any chance,, have you retained that list of previous TATA niggles and the cab driver list? Sorry for bring out an extremely old post, but I am shortly going to get a Manza and thought of learning from people like you to ensure I have as little niggles as possible for future. Thanks.
raj_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!! windiesel Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 85 13th April 2014 18:23
Got My White Tiger :) (Indica Vista QJD Aura with ABS) gurudutt Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 63 13th January 2014 21:46
The Prince - Tata Indigo Manza QJD Aura ABS gowda79 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 24th November 2010 14:09
Tata Indica Vista Aura ABS (EDIT: Now it is Aura Plus with ABS and Airbags) akhilesh51 The Indian Car Scene 141 28th September 2010 20:11
Manza Aura Qjd or DZire Vdi?? Esteemed Sedans 1 6th February 2010 22:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks