Team-BHP - White Linea Diesel - Emotionally Packed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   White Linea Diesel - Emotionally Packed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/77324-white-linea-diesel-emotionally-packed.html)

The Thought & Zeroing in on FIAT LINEA
I was driving White Hyundai Verna CRDI ABS-2007 Model done 80K, had problems with the Turbo and after spending Rs. 60K for it. The car was begging with Clutch problem, Timing chain due for replacement, insurance renewal, Turbo problem not sorted out with some noise prevalent and finally decided to sell and sold it for Rs. 4,15,000. The market value was higher but i didn't want the buyer to suffer so gave it at least Rs. 35K discount for the car(Rs. 5,25,000 is the market value, so for the current condition Rs. 4,50,000). http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...orth-hype.html

Then went through TEAM BHP for the reviews about FIAT LINEA the Italian Beauty fed up with Hyundai(Ugly Korean :Frustrati ). I had in mind to purchase Optra Magnum LT but decided to go for a car with less budget to give way for a better car when i change my CIVIC. Zeroed in on Linea and asked for a Test Drive from AR.AS.PV.PV madurai and they promised to bring it next day, and they never turned up, no information and when i called they promised to bring it on 11/02/2010.

Test Drive
But due to some commitments i had to travel to Madurai which is 85 KMS from my place on 11/2/2010 in my Honda Civic and the sales executive of FIAT's mobile was not reachable. So decided to travel and if i see him bringing the Test drive car on the way i thought of stopping him for test drive. When i had almost travelled 60 KMS i saw a Dark Grey Linea from going towards my place, so i turned My Civic to give a chase but before i turned the car was gone. Then tried to chase it and revved my Civic and was able to get a glimpse at the Linea after travelling 3 Kms and then floored my CIVIC and finally stopped the LINEA after chasing it for a total of 5 Kms at speeds over 160 KMPH.

Formal hello and got the Keys of the LINEA and started the Engine it was smooth and Low NVH. Then the SA explained about how Blue & ME works and i paired my NOkia E-72 and it worked made a call to HM and it worked fine. My kid was impressed then pressed the clutch engaged first gear and moved the car i felt the car to be way underpowered and it was like pulling a monster with a rat, once the engine reached 2000 RPM the story differed the TURBO did the Job but still felt the engine is no where comparable to that of Verna CRDI. But the car was stable and took the corners at ease compared to Verna . But the car was quite bumpy and felt the SA has not checked the air in the tyres. Then had a look at the Italian Beauty and my mind said go for it while the engine power was a let down for me so i was confused.

Decision
Then some how made my mind and decided to go for it mesmerized by its beauty and features. The decision was to go for BOSSO NOVA WHITE EMOTION PACK MJD after the approval from HM and asked the SA who told only FLAMINGO RED and Medium GREY are available for immediate delivery that too 2009 model. Decided to go for 2010 White and asked him when it can be delivered he told within 10-12 Days max before Budget. He gave a quote for Rs. 9,62,000/= with free insurance, Rs. 8 K cash discount and extended warranty Final OTR will be Rs. 9,22,000/=.

Waiting
I was worried about the delivery and felt it was risky if they delayed i need to pay extra money for the excise duty increase post Budget. So contacted VST Motors Trichy the SA promised to deliver within a week as the vehicle is in transit from their regular order. But SA from AR.AS.PV.PV madurai promised he will deliver the car before 26/02/2010 and hence i Paid advance Rs. 50K on 16/02/2010 with one condition any increase in the price will be met by the dealer. After that i did not receive any message and on 25/02/2010 i called and fired the SA and demanded refund then he SMS me the engine number and VIN number, i made full payment on 26/02/2010. The SA promised it will be loaded from the factory immediately and i will be delivered before 5/03/2010. Then the story was he never calls and whenever i call he says today it has been loaded sir. Finally he said it has been loaded on 8/3/2010.

And finally a happy news
Just today the SA called and confirmed me that the vehicle has arrived the dealership and after PDI the car can be delivered on 17/03/2010. I asked him to give delivery directly at our place on 18/03/2010. I have my advance number booked and alloted already.

Planned Accessories from Dealer:
1) Mud Flap
2) Foot Mats

After market accessaries
1) 3M sun films
2) Leather upholstery Stanley or Ovion single colour probably Jet Black
3) Reverse Parking sensors worried about the warranty part

Will Update with pictures soon.

vazhtukkal saar,
good that you bought a LINEA after Verna.I have a PUNTO and i am a FIAT maniac.now also getting a LINEA emotion MJD for my uncle.its a 2009 model with 80 k discounts.and the reverse sensors are available from fiat itself.check fiat-india.com for details.any plans on upgrading the alloys?if so let me know.

pjegadeesh: Welcome to Fiat Lovers Club.:)

You will surely have a Fiatful life ahead. Enjoy!

Congrats dude!.

Get the PDI done with the Team-bhp checklist. Do post the delivery experience and the initial ownership experience along with pictures of the Italian beauty

Congrats pjegadeesh. As an owner, I can safely say that this investment is worth the comfort :) Doload up pics after delivery. I have a Vocal White and really don't know how it differs from a Bossa Nova.

Congrats pjegadeesh.
You have a beauty in hand, please pamper her well.

Drive safe and upload some pictures please.

Congrats pjegadeesh,

Welcome to Fiat Linea Club.
Enjoy and Drive Safe :)

Congratulations and best wishes, pjegadeesh, on becoming a proud owner of Fiat Linea.

You can get your Fiat Linea fitted with Fiat Linea accessory reverse parking sensors costing Rs 4,200 by your dealer with full warranty.

the test drive chase was hilarious:uncontrol . enjoy your new car

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigneshram (Post 1780936)
2009 model with 80 k discounts.and the reverse sensors are available from fiat itself.check fiat-india.com for details.any plans on upgrading the alloys?if so let me know.

80 K discount my dealer offered Rs. 8k discount only and that too not the colour which i asked for so decided on 2010 model. I will decide on upgrading to 16" or 17" based on the GC not immediately if i plan i'll let you know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 1780941)
Get the PDI done with the Team-bhp checklist. Do post the delivery experience and the initial ownership experience along with pictures of the Italian beauty

Sure will be there for PDi on 16th with the BHP check list and will upload photos before the actual delivery date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NutsNBolts (Post 1780969)
Congrats pjegadeesh. As an owner, I can safely say that this investment is worth the comfort :) Doload up pics after delivery. I have a Vocal White and really don't know how it differs from a Bossa Nova.

Vocal white is a better colour i would have loved to opt for that colour ill luck it has been stopped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ravi (Post 1781167)
You can get your Fiat Linea fitted with Fiat Linea accessory reverse parking sensors costing Rs 4,200 by your dealer with full warranty.

I think reverse parking sensor from OEm is costlier by 100% compared to after market ones which are better than that of OEM ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soccerfan (Post 1781271)
the test drive chase was hilarious:uncontrol . enjoy your new car

Hey that chase was like the SA from FIAT thought some one is trying to out race him and he refused to give way for atleast a KM inspite of repeated honking and switching on and off the Lights

Thank you fellow BHP ians and sure i feel joining the elite BHPians more than the FIAT owners club. I have had FIAT inthe past and my experiance with it was like FIX IIT ALL TIME.

I previously owned 137D which was a good car but with engine oil getting mixed with coolant oil if pushed hard with AC on. Some how had to go through this ordeal just 8 months then i left to USA.

Then had a Fiat palio immediately after its launch but ended up selling it in 10 months for accent crdi. The palio was a good car but the tyre lasted just 15000kms even with proper alignment and rotation that was purely the vehicle problem and TVS Madurai the then dealer refused warranty for tyre. Finally ended up this ordeal with two brake failures one in the hills.

IDIOTS do not learn from their mistakes i didn't, I was made stupid by fellow BHP ians comments about their Linea. Some niggling problems i felt might have been rectified in 2010 model and have taken a bold decision on FIAT expecting it to be Fun In All Terrains

congrats pjegadeesh, With Sunfilm, the white linea simply looks awesome.
i liked this "Fun In All Terrains" :D

Awaiting pics :) please post them as soon as you get the car!

Congrats on the car, pjegadeesh! However, we don't allow booking threads any more.

Please PM me once you are ready to update this thread, post-delivery, with a detailed driving / ownership experience. Until then, this thread = closed.

Here is my linea in the paintshop after PDI by the dealer and 3M Polish. I was late and decided to believe the dealership to deliver the car in mint condition as the vehicle has been billed. Temperory registration has been done yesterday and the Sales guy will deliver the car at my office by 10:30AM today. Here are some photos taken at dealership, low light so.

Congrats! The white looks good.

By the way did u opt for the underbody coating and 3M paint protection?