Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd March 2011, 13:46   #346
BHPian

Default Re: Review: My new Chevrolet Beat

The AC does work, i can feel the vents are chilled to the core just like ice but cannot feel so much coldness on my face or inside the air. I got this chekced by the SA and he made some modifications for 18 degrees temp, will check it again next time.
Mr.Beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2011, 13:54   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Alston, nice ownership review on the first anniversary and I must say one of its kind but you didnt surprised me as I know how much care you are giving to the ride.

Pollen filter will cost around 1.2k and other consumables like grease, oil topping up will come around to that money. Hey Alston, what about CCOP? haven't opted for? Your car is eating miles so was it worth to go for?

Hi sajjt, just saw your post now buddy. Well pal there is a lot I wanna do for my ride but budget constraints are preventing me from accomplishing the dream

Well regarding the CCOP, I have not opted for it, its been a year and I spent 1929 and previous service 458. That works out a rough 2500. Car's not given me or is giving any problem and I presume it is a hassle free one

Hence in my case it is not worth it, I believe the scheme costs 13.5k IIRC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
The AC does work, i can feel the vents are chilled to the core just like ice but cannot feel so much coldness on my face or inside the air. I got this chekced by the SA and he made some modifications for 18 degrees temp, will check it again next time.
Do keep us posted Mr. Beat, for the rest of the guys, any suggestion what might be the problem?

Last edited by alstonlobo : 22nd March 2011 at 13:57.
alstonlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:59   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Hi sajjt, just saw your post now buddy. Well pal there is a lot I wanna do for my ride but budget constraints are preventing me from accomplishing the dream

Well regarding the CCOP, I have not opted for it, its been a year and I spent 1929 and previous service 458. That works out a rough 2500. Car's not given me or is giving any problem and I presume it is a hassle free one

Hence in my case it is not worth it, I believe the scheme costs 13.5k IIRC?
Exactly this is the reason I also didn't opted for it. With that money I can go for alloys I think as I've clocked only 7.5K as of now and only 300/ is the service cost and that too for the consumables.

Pollen filter is only 1000~? During my 10K service (for me its 7K) I asked them to clean the filter and I was told that they wont clean it instead at 10KM they will replace it for a cost of 1200 or so IIRC.

Next time I should go for a WB+WA and tyre rotation.
sajjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:22   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Next time I should go for a WB+WA and tyre rotation.
Buddy I would recommend a WB+WA every 5000kms. Also please get hold of an air pump and digi cair pressure guage just like me and salbin. We ignore the 'health' of a car's tyres but we do not realise that the tyres are the ones that joins the car to the road

OT:I have seen your ride's DRL and white bulbs and must say they are awesome (wish I could put another thumbs up but mods will lynch me)
I too had the same idea of fixing DRLs at the same location but you 'beat' me to it! If you don't mind could you put up the pics alongwith cost breakup and bulb details (wattage etc), I know you did put the pics in the lighting thread but it would also be justified to put it up in a Beat thread. Thanks in advance!
Old 22nd March 2011, 22:19   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Buddy I would recommend a WB+WA every 5000kms. Also please get hold of an air pump and digi cair pressure guage just like me and salbin. We ignore the 'health' of a car's tyres but we do not realise that the tyres are the ones that joins the car to the road

OT:I have seen your ride's DRL and white bulbs and must say they are awesome (wish I could put another thumbs up but mods will lynch me)
I too had the same idea of fixing DRLs at the same location but you 'beat' me to it! If you don't mind could you put up the pics alongwith cost brea
kup and bulb details (wattage etc), I know you did put the pics in the lighting thread but it would also be justified to put it up in a Beat thread. Thanks in advance!
Thanks mate, surely will post with the details. Didn't want to duplicate but ill do it with a difference Can't type more from my phone as its not that interesting as browsing from it

Old 23rd March 2011, 10:42   #351
BHPian

Quote:
i feel that at 20 degrees the ACC does not cool, all it does it keep the sun away, is it just me?
20 degree setting isn't sufficient for hot days when outside temperature crosses 35.
When you first switch on the AC keep it at the 'low' or 16 degree setting.
Once the cabin gets cooled you can increase the temp to your desired setting. That is because unlike home ACs, car AC's mix the heat from engine, outside air and cooled air from compressor to achieve the desired temperature. At 20 degree setting what you're getting is a mixture of cool air + hot air.

Last edited by Daewood : 23rd March 2011 at 10:46.
Daewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:17   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
20 degree setting isn't sufficient for hot days when outside temperature crosses 35.
When you first switch on the AC keep it at the 'low' or 16 degree setting.
Once the cabin gets cooled you can increase the temp to your desired setting. That is because unlike home ACs, car AC's mix the heat from engine, outside air and cooled air from compressor to achieve the desired temperature. At 20 degree setting what you're getting is a mixture of cool air + hot air.
Hmm , i have heard people talking about the AC being chilling which is why the query. It works awesome at 18 degrees to be honest, however at say 20 and above it is mediocre. Another thing i have noticed is that the at 18 degrees the blower speed hardly comes below 4, is that because of the heat in Mumbai?
Mr.Beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:22   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm , i have heard people talking about the AC being chilling which is why the query. It works awesome at 18 degrees to be honest, however at say 20 and above it is mediocre. Another thing i have noticed is that the at 18 degrees the blower speed hardly comes below 4, is that because of the heat in Mumbai?
Yes it is definitely due to heat. Try testing the same during the evenings sometime after 7pm. Then let us know how the blower behaves.
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:35   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm , i have heard people talking about the AC being chilling which is why the query.
Yes, it's always like that for all Daewoo cars sold in India.
Matiz had one of the best ACs evethough it had just an 800cc engine. Currently UVA has the best AC among B+ seg cars and Beat's is the best among B segment.
Daewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 12:35   #355
BHPian

Just done a minor mod yesterday and thought to share the pics with you guys.

This muffler was lying in the boot since ages and finally is at the right place now
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1367.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1365.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1364.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1366.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1368.jpg  

Old 29th March 2011, 12:58   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Just done a minor mod yesterday and thought to share the pics with you guys.
This muffler was lying in the boot since ages and finally is at the right place now
What is the cost?
How is the mounting? is it 2 screws with arc clamp or 3 screws at 120deg apart?
salbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 13:07   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
What is the cost?
How is the mounting? is it 2 screws with arc clamp or 3 screws at 120deg apart?
It costs 400/- has 2 screws as seen in the second pic with a clamp and a bracket mesh inside the muffler for proper alignment.
Old 29th March 2011, 13:47   #358
BHPian

Good going Alston, the new silencer tip will give a better appeal than the stock one. Here its available for 250-350 for various models. I hope you enjoyed this DIY.
Old 29th March 2011, 14:04   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Good going Alston, the new silencer tip will give a better appeal than the stock one. Here its available for 250-350 for various models. I hope you enjoyed this DIY.
thanks sajjt, I feel its protruding a bit more than required, but looks meaty though, would look better with muscular tyres
Old 29th March 2011, 15:26   #360
BHPian

Hey, its high time to change your avatar. Since you spend a lot of time and money it would do more justice to the car. What say?