Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st October 2011, 23:25   #376
BHPian

Default Re: Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
How much did that cost you? The car looks awesome with dark black tints and those alloys.

Which sun films are these? Are they RTO approved?
They have different packages like:
- Foam wash
- Wash and wax
- Wash, Polish and Wax
- Wash, Rubbing compound, Polish and Wax... and so on for exterior.
I got the 3rd one for 990/-.

Sun films are Llumar.
VLT -20 (not RTO approved)
salbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 10:14   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Regarding the clay, I did knead the clay plenty of times, however it became so dirty that the colour changed to pale yellow, I kept a brand new one and used clay next to each other and compared. And since this is the first time I used clay on the car, there surely was a lot of dirt to be sucked!
I bought two bars clay and two bottles QD, now left with 1 each
My comment was based on the knowledge gained from Mr. Sidhu of 3M Car Care. He is a T-BHPian too.
Sidhu spent almost 3 hours with us(me, kartikk and johnruban). He explained all the detailing process in detail and I had a hands-on try with the clay bar.
As per Sidhu, the clay bar can last for more than a year if used for single car, provided it is preserved properly after use.
Also seen minor scratch removal demo on a WagonR, which was getting tinted - he gave a free demo to that guy and we all witnessed it.

Any ways, suggest you to get expert opinion regarding this from Car Detailing thread in T-BHP before you discard the clay.
salbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 12:11   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Any ways, suggest you to get expert opinion regarding this from Car Detailing thread in T-BHP before you discard the clay.
Ha ha too late, I threw the clay anyways.

However I dropped one piece of the used clay and it had to visit the bin for sure, permanently!

On another note, I am at my cousin's place right now and made good use of his cam and clicked a few angles of the car. Will upload later today as I have to leave in sometime.
alstonlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:30   #379
BHPian

Default Detailing

Got good news and bad news!

Good news is - Clicked pics from my cousin's cam

Bad news is - Did not get a chance to wax the car, dress the tyres and plastic trims and also shampoo the seats

Following are the pictures clicked this morning, as mentioned yesterday, car has been washed and clayed only
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dscn0968.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dscn0969.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dscn0970.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dscn0971.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dscn0972.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2011, 23:38   #380
BHPian

Default Re: Review: My new Chevrolet Beat

My favourite pic from the lot

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dscn0973.jpg

Macro shot of the paint on the bonnet

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dscn0975.jpg

Headlights much clearer now

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dscn0976.jpg

And brake lights too

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dscn0979.jpg
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:43   #381
BHPian

And the last set of pics from the lot

Top view

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dscn0977.jpg

Closer

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dscn0980.jpg

Still closer

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dscn0978.jpg

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dscn0982.jpg

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dscn0983.jpg
alstonlobo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2011, 08:10   #382
BHPian

Depending on clay type and quality, it can be reused for a minimum of 10 times of regular use.

Keep the older clay for cleaning your windscreen regularly. It will remove all diesel particulate and make night travel in the rain a pleasure instead of a night mare provided that your wiper blades are clean too.

After using it on windshields, the last role of used clay is on alloy wheels. Of course if you drop the clay on the ground at any stage it calls for premature retirement - throw it away.

Claying cleans the paint surface very well. The surface has to be protected immediately after - not another day. Best option now is to do another quick clay job and move on to the protective layers - glaze, sealants & waxes - depending on whatever you intend to use. Cheers
basky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2011, 09:44   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basky View Post
Depending on clay type and quality, it can be reused for a minimum of 10 times of regular use.

Keep the older clay for cleaning your windscreen regularly. It will remove all diesel particulate and make night travel in the rain a pleasure instead of a night mare provided that your wiper blades are clean too.

After using it on windshields, the last role of used clay is on alloy wheels. Of course if you drop the clay on the ground at any stage it calls for premature retirement - throw it away.

Claying cleans the paint surface very well. The surface has to be protected immediately after - not another day. Best option now is to do another quick clay job and move on to the protective layers - glaze, sealants & waxes - depending on whatever you intend to use. Cheers
I did not want to risk using the clay again as it sucked up quite a number of tar spots. Marring would be the last thing I would ever think of, and since this is the first usage of clay on the car it had a lot to suck off!

Many thanks for your advice on the clay usage, however I should be giving it another go this weekend and apply Sonax wax.
Old 5th October 2011, 12:23   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
I did not want to risk using the clay again as it sucked up quite a number of tar spots.
The trick is to get rid of all tar spots with a remover (if you feel rich) or diesel (common man's cleaner) before your final shampoo session. Bring in the clay after that to remove all the microscopic remains which may not be seen easily but can be felt with your clean hands. Best value for your money.

If you clay and wax regularly, you'll find that tar does not stick tenaciously to waxed cars, making removal easier.
basky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 13:52   #385
BHPian

Hi Alstonlobo,

Sorry if I missed it- could you provide pics of the car with the LED lights you ordered from Korea? Are they good?
adg_andy is offline   Reply With Quote