Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th March 2010, 09:13   #31
BHPian

congrats musicmaker23. i20 is a really cool car with great looks and a good build. Waiting to see the pics of your beauty.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 09:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy. Love the color. Upgrade your head lamps with HID's. Looks good during nights.

Quote:
Read of a feature in the Polo where you can close all the windows using the remote key itself - wish the car had this feature
You can compensate this by fixing auto power-up window module. This would cost you 12 to 1500 bucks from Autocop.
FYI: When you press lock in remote, windows that are open would get rolled-up automatically.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 18th March 2010 at 10:03.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 16:19   #33
BHPian

Congrats MM. Even I am thinking of going for a white Asta in May-June and your thread has been a lot of help. Its one heck of a car. Enjoy the ride.
P.S: I just love the switchblade keys.
BTW didn't you ask for any discount. Are the dealers playing the same record that i20 is a newly launched car and we cannot give discounts?

Last edited by Pancham : 18th March 2010 at 16:26.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 20:30   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
This input really surprised me, as in my car for me its a dead gear.
Is Hyundai improved the ratios ?
Was wondering the same thing till i drove at Mahalaxmi incline with 4 passengers on board. HAD to downshift to 1st. Unloaded them & the 2nd pulled fine though

Quote:
I'm disappointed with this actually. Some times what happens when you get down from the car and if the doors are partially locked there is no audio alert !
Admirers of the car who have Autocop on theirs have shared the same opinion. Have an opposite viewpoint here. I hate the annoying sounds. Plus, i have a habit of always checking the driver's side door after locking for good measure. What they really could've done is have it as an in-built option, like the speed-sensing auto-lock. It could've been activated at service if someone asked for it.

Quote:
" Mutual fund investments are subject to market risks "[/b]. They publish all the features in world on brochure and then say , it can be changed without prior notice. CHEATERS .
Ah, but i'm certain this is there on all brochures & manuals for every car & every company

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
but wanted to know, where exactly is this compressor located ? can it be upgraded to an after market compressor ?
The OE compressor comes with a warranty for 2 years (bought 3rd year myself). Any fiddling around will void warranty automatically on your electricals, cables, compressor (obviously ) & a bunch of other stuff. I'd say get some good tints & don't worry about such complex changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats on the buy.

You can compensate this by fixing auto power-up window module. This would cost you 12 to 1500 bucks from Autocop.
FYI: When you press lock in remote, windows that are open would get rolled-up automatically.
Thanks Ramsagar for the wishes. Will definitely consider the same, though wouldn't this mean i'd have to change the in-car system & get a separate dangle-on transmitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Congrats MM. Even I am thinking of going for a white Asta in May-June and your thread has been a lot of help. Its one heck of a car. Enjoy the ride.
P.S: I just love the switchblade keys.
BTW didn't you ask for any discount. Are the dealers playing the same record that i20 is a newly launched car and we cannot give discounts?
I did ask for discounts but got only freebies - mats, flaps, anti-rust.

The reasons I got were:
  • Sir, we hardly have any i20's in stock, so we don't give discounts
  • Its a premium car sir, no discounts on such segments (bollocks!)
  • The car is selling like hot cakes (He meant that if i don't pay up, someone else will )
  • The company doesn't give us (the dealers) any discount (Like i care)

Basically, it seems the dealers are up in arms over offering anything on the i20. I couldn't even manage a cash discount on a Nov-09 car that Jayabharat offered. Wish you luck with your buy though. Haggle hard & tell them you've got ready delivery elsewhere
Musicmaker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 20:45   #35
BHPian

Default Rear Legroom Pictures

My family is on the taller side & when I set out to buy a "Big" hatch, I intended on making sure everyone is comfortable in the rear, especially when i'm driving.

First i set the Driver's & front passenger's seat pulled back & inclined to my comfort. Somehow, the front passenger's (now referred to as FP) seat was an inch further ahead compared to the driver's. I then swung back to the rear & took these pictures.

I didn't find any problem sitting behind the FP at all. Could sit comfortably without my knees touching the seat-back ahead. Switching over to the driver's side, I found my knees hitting the seat-back (not too much though), just tolerable.

Disclaimer:
  1. I'm 5 feet 11 inches, the tallest in my family. So, no one's complained of the rear legroom
  2. The plastic covers you see crumpled in the pictures came off soon after the pictures were taken
Attached Thumbnails
i-20-"Won": My new car steals the show-p1010570.jpg  

i-20-"Won": My new car steals the show-p1010571.jpg  

i-20-"Won": My new car steals the show-p1010573.jpg  

i-20-"Won": My new car steals the show-p1010574.jpg  

i-20-"Won": My new car steals the show-p1010575.jpg  

Old 18th March 2010, 22:58   #36
BHPian

Good legroom for a person measuring 5 feet 11 inches
aman9393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 23:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

Yes, i20 is a spacious hatch as compared to Punto and Polo. Also, the flat floor in the rear makes 3 people sit in comfort easily.
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 23:43   #38
BHPian

Post congratulations!

Hey Musicmaker!

Congratulations man!
and, real nice chick flick car you have there! (may I say!)
Waiting for the body pics (exteriors!).

Well, Wish you good luck with your car, and drive safe!
One more thing. As we share same 1.2L engines (I have i10-Magna-1.2
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...m-flavour.html (H- i10 my pleasure (Vanilla icecream flavour))
)
There are some questions I have posted, please see if you observe anything similar.
And, yes! 2nd one feels like there was supposed to be a gear in between 1st and 2nd !! (especially if you are driving with full A/c + shifting at 2000 or 2200 rpm)
*for that, though, I shift at 3000 rpm only from 1->2 , rest shifts at 2000 or 2500.

Do give detailed experiences about the ride and overall (which you will, I know!!)
Congratulations again.

Care.

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 18th March 2010 at 23:46.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 03:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 View Post
The OE compressor comes with a warranty for 2 years (bought 3rd year myself). Any fiddling around will void warranty automatically on your electricals, cables, compressor (obviously ) & a bunch of other stuff. I'd say get some good tints & don't worry about such complex changes
Getting good tints does make sense then
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 08:11   #40
BHPian

Congrats Musicmaker23 & welcome to I20club.
I too own Dark Grey color I20 asta model & have done about 12000kms. Few days back was its 1st anniverasry.
I20 has made my bangalore bumper to bumper traffic ride very easy & smooth. Its really a wonderful car
sree70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 21:30   #41
BHPian

Default Back from some window shopping

Hey guys, just got back from a trip to Sion Koliwada (sans the car) & have managed the following quotes:

1. Seat Covers:
Autoform seat covers with Skin-Fit (where they remove the seats & staple the covers at the bottom) are retailing at all stores for Rs.4200 + 600 for fitting
Normal unbranded PU leather covers are retailing for 3000-3200 + 100 for fitting
Branded Velvet & suede Covers with warranty are for 4500 + 600 fitting

2. Sunfilms
The only store (if i can call it that) open at 8pm was a small lil' 6ft by 6ft stall with loads of garware rolls propped up. Spoke to him about 3M & he said that he'll give me SP70 for front & SP50 for sides & rear with 3M imprint, warranty card for 2800-3000 . Seeing the lower prices, i asked him about CR70 for the front & he had no idea! Said he'd inquire about the same
Should've gotten Garware quotes as well, but it slipped my mind. Had got an earlier quote over the phone for 2800 bucks from an authorized Garware dealer in the same area

3. RTO licensed numberplates
The cheapest quote i got was for 1400 for a set of two. I'm sure he'll go down to 1000-1200 when i take the car with me

I don't really mind spending good money on the Autoform seatcovers considering i almost bought unbranded ones from the dealer for 6500. These guys are also giving the standard one year warranty & lifetime refitting (they claim). The sunfilms really surprized me. Had got a quote for 5000 for the entire car in 3M (SP series) from Milan Subway

Would like your opinions on the deals on offer here. I don't intend on getting anything done till tuesday, so keep the comments flying
Old 22nd March 2010, 02:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Sunfilms
The only store (if i can call it that) open at 8pm was a small lil' 6ft by 6ft stall with loads of garware rolls propped up. Spoke to him about 3M & he said that he'll give me SP70 for front & SP50 for sides & rear with 3M imprint, warranty card for 2800-3000 . Seeing the lower prices, i asked him about CR70 for the front & he had no idea! Said he'd inquire about the same
Should've gotten Garware quotes as well, but it slipped my mind. Had got an earlier quote over the phone for 2800 bucks from an authorized Garware dealer in the same area
Here are a few links you MUST check:

3M India: Executive

3M India: CS Series

3M India: RE Series

3M India: Choose your film

Hint: Keep off SP

The i20 does not have that powerful an engine (for the car, that is), and you'd be putting undue load on the AC compressor if low have a low heat rejection sunfilm. Also check your PM

I suggest RE35 on the sides and CR70 on the front. Expect about 9k as the cost for this combo. And ya RE35 and legalities - the film has ample visibility from the outside (so forget privacy), and you should not have any trouble. I have see cars with this one on, suggest you ask your 3M dealer to show you some too.

And try to find who is the distributor for your area, you can get a better price.
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, just got back from a trip to Sion Koliwada (sans the car) & have managed the following quotes:

1. Seat Covers:
Autoform seat covers with Skin-Fit (where they remove the seats & staple the covers at the bottom) are retailing at all stores for Rs.4200 + 600 for fitting
Normal unbranded PU leather covers are retailing for 3000-3200 + 100 for fitting
Branded Velvet & suede Covers with warranty are for 4500 + 600 fitting
Can you please tell us the place where did you get this quote? Here in Pune Bafna cars is quoting 6000 for Autoform/Autofoam PU leather covers (Stitch fit).
BTW this Bafna car guy whom I met is ridiculous. He is so rude than when I asked him about PU/PVC leather he said "You are wrong, you should nto ask such questions. Pay me and forget about every details". I was like what the heck.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 19:47   #44
BHPian

Exclamation Finally!!

Hey guys,
After a lotta research , I finally got my sunfilms & seatcovers done!!
Took a good 5+ hours to get it done too (had my uncle's ANHC with me which delayed stuff).

Here's the shopping list:
1. Autoform U-Fit seat cover in full beige - 4200 + 600 as skin-fitting charges
(U-Impress covers on the ANHC cost Rs.6000 total)
2. 3M sunfilms: CR-70 on front (Rs.5000) & RE50 on sides & rear (Rs.3000)
3. ISO certified Interior Cleaning kit - 400 (forgot the brand)

The job's been done well but the installer deserves special mention for the AWESOME fitting he did on the ANHC . The beige really makes the cabin look more spacious in the i20 (Surprisingly U-fit on the autoform website is given in beige & brown combination).
Even met fellow bhpian Safin

The RE on the sides was the way to go. Gives a great (even more) upmarket look to the car. Reflective only from certain angles with the light source behind me. Will comment on the CR after a few night drives.

Pictures to come soon...
Old 24th March 2010, 22:23   #45
BHPian

Hey Musicmaker23, can you tell me the place from where you have got your sunfilms done?
aman9393 is offline   Reply With Quote