Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th July 2010, 16:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Hi, do you feel the shudder while releasing the clutch pedal.. if yes.. ask the service people to drain the clutch fluid and refill it. there may be some air which can result in shudder. (just my guess from a prevous experience we had with lancer but no harm in trying).

If this doesnt work, check for all engine mountings.. all it may need is a slight adjustment. ask service people to loosen up bolts of the engine mountings and start the car. when the engine comes to its right position, tighten them back.

These are my guesses based on a experience we had with the lancer when one of the engine mountings went kaput.
Thanks for the inputs. I am planning to take it up with the service center for sure. However, I cant imagine something going wrong with the engine mounts in a car thats barely 4 months old and done a little over 1K till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Is this based on the in-dash display? Or manually calculated tankful to tankful?

Btw, the badges look cool !
Thanks. No, the FE figures are based on the in-dash FE indicator. Have not done a manual calculation as yet. I guess it should show a lesser FE figure compared to the former.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 20:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
However, I cant imagine something going wrong with the engine mounts in a car thats barely 4 months old and done a little over 1K till now.
Since you said that the vibration is evident while switching off the engine, I could guess that the mountings may need adjustment.. there is nothing to worry in this. 99.99%, the mountings will be perfectly fine and will only need adjustment (these are rubber mountings between engine and chassis, its on these mountings that the engine and the gear box stands, a slight misalignment is possible when the car is being assembled. they may just need to align it properly..nothing to worry about). But before that I believe there can be some some air in clutch. Dont worry.. problems like these are mostly solved after trouble shooting and thats the reason the service station may not have managed to get it right in first place. Get the car checked .
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 23:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

Default 3rd Free Service - 6 months of ownership - 1800 KM

Time flies fast indeed. Cant believe 6 months have passed by since I brought home my dream machine. Of course, I must concede I have not been doing justice to her in terms of the kms clocked thus far. The reasons for this are:

1. My daily drive to work is 7-8 kms one way and invariably in b2b city traffic. This results in significantly poor FE when compared to what it returns on the highways.
2. While the Civic is no doubt a fabulous car in every aspect, I would not rate it the best car for regular city use in b2b traffic. I am more at ease with my Esteem here. Also, navigating the Civic and inching the way in the city is definitely not a pleasure.
3. My daily driving distance falls under Honda's category severe driving conditions and hence I am apprehensive of the wear and tear that it could bring about.

Given the above, I get to use the Civic only during weekends (not all) and for any long drives alone. Nevertheless, the 6 months of ownership has left me with the following impressions:

Pros:
1. Gem of an engine that's been crafted well to deliver a mind-blowing driving experience.
2. Brilliant handling and planted feel that inspires confidence to step on the gas without thinking twice.
3. Overtaking on the highways is a breeze and cornering is done with characteristic aplomb.
4. Slick gear box that is butter smooth with precise and well slotted gear shifts. The Civic's short shifter is definitely better than that of my Esteem and I love it.
5. Driver seat offers a snug fit and ensures that long drives are free of fatigue.

Cons:
1. As said earlier, not the best car to drive in the city esp in b2b traffic at speeds less than 30kmph.
2. Scraping of the underbelly(even with four adults) is an irritant and an embarrassment.
3. Headlights are not adequate and definitely need upgradation. The fog lamps are more of a cosmetic feature than anything else.
4. Absence of steering mounted audio controls is a major let down.

3rd Free Service:
The car was due for its 3rd free service and I had it done last week. The total cost of service was zero, akin to the earlier ones. The Service Advisor told me that change of oil was not necessary due to the low mileage on the odo. I am not sure if this is ok.

The illumination on the LHS rear side-step garnish had stopped working for a while now and I had asked that to be fixed. I was told that since it was not a Honda OE accessory, it could not be fixed.

I had also stressed on the vibration ('dug' 'dug' sound) from the engine compartment (mentioned in my earlier posts as well) and told the SA very clearly that it was not a clutch issue since I could hear it upon starting and switching off the vehicle as well. I also made him sit next to me and moved the car back and forth in reverse and first gear, slowly releasing the clutch to give him a feel of what I was undergoing everyday. He said it was common in all Civics and there was nothing to worry about. I simply cannot digest this and agree to live with it. Heck, my inlaws' i-10 does not have this sound while releasing the clutch nor does my Esteem. Is this what one gets for buying a premium car? I really want to get this sorted out. Though it is not a show stopper, the sound haunts me and irritates me to the core esp in b2b traffic at speeds less than 10 kmph. Maybe, its time I tried a different service center.
Old 1st October 2010, 10:17   #49
Senior - BHPian

rr_zen, me too completed 6 months of ownership in September. I am yet to do the 3rd free service as I am not getting time to take it there. I don't want to use pickup and drop service as I don't trust those drivers. I have seen them wheel-spinning in the 10 meters drive around the showroom.

I had a few long trips on my car and the odo reads 5800+ kms now. I am going to Trivandrum this weekend, so that will add another 1500 or so. I dont have any issues with my car except that a bike rammed into my back during my last Kerala trip and damaged my bumper and broke the light cover. Even though both damages are not significant, every time I see it, its a bit painful. Need to get them fixed during 3rd service. Of late I also have issues with smelly a/c. Have to get the vents cleaned and sanitised.
vasoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 18:57   #50
BHPian

Hi rr_zen,
I have been reading your thread for quite some time and sure it was useful to me during my buying experience of ANHC.
I had referred to your post and thanked you in my initial use experience thread.
In case you have missed it is here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...city-s-mt.html (Welcome Home Lady in Red - Honda City S-MT)
In fact my buying and usage experience is very similar to yours.
I also asked service experience with Olympia Honda in the following thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...a-chennai.html (Olympia Honda Chennai)
Your feedback on Olympia service would be of immense help as I am already due for my first service and plan to go there some time next week (though I have done only about 320 KM in 1 month !!)
Thanks in advance.

HC
Habanero City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 22:02   #51
Senior - BHPian

Default First Paid Service

Gave the car for the first paid service today at Olympia Honda. I was in a dilemma on the oil change as the vehicle had clocked only close to 2.5k kms. However, the SA advised that the oil be changed as the vehicle had already completed 9 months of running.

The total bill came upto 2079 INR, the break-up of which is as follows:

Charges for Paid Service: 900 INR
Engine Oil: 882 INR
Oil Filter: 186 INR
Drain Plug Washer: 18.56 INR

Service Tax on Labour: 92.70 INR
Local Sales Tax: 120.73 INR

Total: 2079 INR

I would appreciate feedback from fellow-bhpians esp Civic owners if the charges are nominal and as per Honda's norms.

Incidentally, my dream machine completes 9 months of her tenure with me today.

P.S: Also got to witness a blooper today at the Honda showroom.

Last edited by rr_zen : 18th December 2010 at 22:11.
Old 19th December 2010, 19:22   #52
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: First Paid Service

Quote:
Engine Oil: 882 INR
Oil Filter: 186 INR
Drain Plug Washer: 18.56 INR
These are similar to what I paid for my 3rd free service oil change.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 14:29   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Gave the car for the first paid service today at Olympia Honda. I was in a dilemma on the oil change as the vehicle had clocked only close to 2.5k kms.

Incidentally, my dream machine completes 9 months of her tenure with me today.

P.S: Also got to witness a blooper today at the Honda showroom.
rr-zen
Has the clutch problem been resolved?
You seem to be going very easy with the dream machine I suppose (less than 2.5k Km in 9 months).
Well you may have competition, I have done 900 KM in 3 months
Enjoyed the blooper at the showroom, may be the dealer has replaced one of the lights with the older model stock (its my guess and strong belief that Honda QC cannot go wrong !)

HC
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
rr-zen
Has the clutch problem been resolved?
You seem to be going very easy with the dream machine I suppose (less than 2.5k Km in 9 months).
Well you may have competition, I have done 900 KM in 3 months
Enjoyed the blooper at the showroom, may be the dealer has replaced one of the lights with the older model stock (its my guess and strong belief that Honda QC cannot go wrong !)

HC
@HC: The clutch problem is still there, the shudder is obvious but I have managed to overcome that with my new driving style of giving a little more throttle when releasing the clutch. Waiting for it to either subside or become a bigger issue post which I know whose collars I can catch hold of.

On the kms put in, I am not happy actually and want to do more but only time will tell (given my work and weekend schedules).

If the dealer was responsible for the blooper, why would he even display such a car, is my contention. I saw a Habanero Red Civic parked next to it as well which was perfect (if at all there was a shortage of Civics for display)
Old 22nd December 2010, 18:57   #55
BHPian

Quote:
@HC: The clutch problem is still there, the shudder is obvious but I have managed to overcome that with my new driving style of giving a little more throttle when releasing the clutch. Waiting for it to either subside or become a bigger issue post which I know whose collars I can catch hold of.

On the kms put in, I am not happy actually and want to do more but only time will tell (given my work and weekend schedules).

If the dealer was responsible for the blooper, why would he even display such a car, is my contention. I saw a Habanero Red Civic parked next to it as well which was perfect (if at all there was a shortage of Civics for display)
rr-zen,
Take care not to wear out the clutch with the "new style" of driving.
As for the blooper, you have a quite a positive attitude towards the dealer but not for Honda (just kidding).
It is my guess that the lights could have got damaged while the car was with the dealer and the spares/accessories guys had no clue as to which model lights they are replacing with.
I am pessimistic about the dealership from my past experiences with several service stations who mess up the car without understanding the actual problem and its solution.
May be it is my preconceived notion about the dealers.
I won't be surprised if the car is already been sold without noticing this defect.
That's why T-BHP is famous for its PRI and PDI check list
I will be going there next week for 2nd service and will check it out and update.

HC
Old 9th March 2011, 21:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Default 3000 Kms update and 1 year of ownership

Cant believe it is going to be a year since I brought my dream machine home. She turns 1 this 18th. Thought I would gift her something for her first birthday. The after market illuminated side-step garnish that I had installed earlier started to show its true colours over the last few months now with the illumination on each door conking off one after the other one and that too after a service. I found out that it was because of the water that had creeped under the garninsh. What was more horrifying was the signs of rust I found underneath the garnish. I decided to call it a day and went on to get my dream machine the OE side step garnish with illumination.

Placed an order for the same with Olympia Honda and it was available for install in a week's time. Got it fixed today and I am pretty impressed with the results. The only gripe I have is that there is no illumination on the rear doors (the earlier ones had illumination on all four doors). The illumination on the front doors is commendable and is miles ahead of what I had earlier. The total cost came upto 10500 INR. Attaching pics of the same.

Checked out the price of the spoiler and its a whopping 21500 INR. Have put it on the back-burner for now. Planning to check with Carnation if they have the OE Modulo spoiler (as I heard they import from Honda, Thailand). Has anyone tried this before ?
Attached Thumbnails
My 'Dream Machine' is home - Honda Civic V MT-09032011511.jpg  

My 'Dream Machine' is home - Honda Civic V MT-09032011512.jpg  

Last edited by rr_zen : 9th March 2011 at 21:18.
Old 10th March 2011, 00:01   #57
dot
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My 'Dream Machine' is home - Honda Civic V MT

Wow, brilliant. The second picture of the blue letters against the black background looks positively UFO like.

Can this be fitted on the pre-facelifted Civic also?
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 12:42   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Wow, brilliant. The second picture of the blue letters against the black background looks positively UFO like.

Can this be fitted on the pre-facelifted Civic also?
I do not see a reason why it shouldn't be possible. You might want to double-check with the service center on this.
Old 10th March 2011, 13:59   #59
Senior - BHPian

hi,
@ 3000 kms for 1 year i think you should use the car more often.At the current mileage it seems to have just completed the running in.Maybe you could plan some long distance trips.It always fun to drive the car on higways rather than the short trips here and there
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 21:45   #60
BHPian

rr_zen,
Congratulations on the first anniversary (well almost a year in few days)
Did you do any service at Olympia on this milestone?
If so please provide the details.
As pointed out by others take your dream machine to the highways for the holidays.
Earlier I thought I might compete, but you are the winner hands down as I have done 2,200 in 6 months
The door lights look wonderful and the zero light photography is excellent too.
You could have probably gone for this in the first place itself.
Take it easy on your Esteem and use the Civic, your use should at least justify the depreciating value of the car, just my opinion.

HC